U of M Wolverines thread 2007

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Well he's a "small cat". I hope his career matches that of Andre Ware when he was with the Lions. All potential but no results. Our new coach has his work cut out for him. Name his three QBs in camp...quickly without looking. Didn't think so...........:)

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like they may have to lower their academic standards and enroll some pop warner dude from the hood with mad running skills

3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I think the # of qb's sent to the NFL by each team doesn't hold water for several reasons. The first reason is the coaching staffs are totally different so its like comparing apples to oranges. The second is Pryor's talent has nothing to do with any of those other guys. There is no way of predicting Pryor's ability compared to the others. My personal opinion is he doesn't seem to fit the NFL qb mold, so I won't be shocked if he tears up the college scene and flops on the NFL scene. Unless he is a much better passer than I think he is. Plus its kind of silly to even be talking about his NFL chances when he hasn't even proven he is good enough to excel in college. Although I like his chances.:MusicBigGrin:

4. Buckeyes#1

Not sure why OSU has struggled with sending qb's to the NFL. My guess is it didn't require much skill to hand off three times each series during the Woody era so talented qb's wanted to go elsewhere, which is understandable. So based on this theory, I would say the reason why UM has sent more qb's to the NFL than OSU is because they have had better athletes at qb than OSU. Which again, goes along with my point that it is all immaterial because I think Pryor is better than all the other qb's listed, at least as far as hype goes.

5. Nemo

I just figured that the U of M list was more cerebral than the bunch from OSU. Brady was a 6th round pick who had very limited physical skills. He was just able to thread the needle, plus he bulked up and got stronger for the pros.

6. Buckeyes#1

ESPN has reported that OSU has scheduled a news conference at 5:00 PM today and Tressel is set to announce his resignation to pursue other interests. SAY IT AIN'T SO TRESS!!! This is terrible!

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

lol..... i woke up early today.....

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Michigan Wolverine. She asks her students to raise their hands if they're Wolverines too. Not really knowing what a Wolverine is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Wolverine." "Then," asks the teacher, "What are you?" "Why I'm a proud OSU Buckeye," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a rebel. "Well, my mom and dad are Buckeyes, so I'm a Buckeye, too."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Kristen, "I'd be a Wolverine."

9. Buckeyes#1

This loss tonight to the Celtics in game 3 right after we stole home court from them in game 2 left a great big hole in my heart. In fact, it hurts so much, it feels like a loss to UM right now. In fact, this is how I feel right now. YouTube - Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

well at least Michigan's mens baseball and womens softball teams win today to make it 4 out of five on a big day in Detroit sports.

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm still surprised Michigan hired the guy.
    U-M will pay $2.5 million of Rodriguez’s $4-million buyout | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Embarrassing ordeal reveals ugly truths about U-M coach Rich Rodriguez | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I read somewhere that UM's basketball coach Beilen (sp?) also had to negotiate a buyout with WVU and the university said they wouldn't help with the buyout because it wasn't their problem. Then they fork over $2.5 million and legal fees to get Rodriguez off the hook.

Madness!

13. Nemo

[sign]What time is it?[/sign]
    Of all the speculation about Michigan football, the truth is that no one really knows what will happen this year. However, here are some guaranteed facts that I will pass on at this point.

1. Michigan will not run the ball on first and second down to pass on subsequent 3rd and long so predictably as they have over the past 6 years (you saw what happened to Florida in the Capital One Bowl when "the game plan" changed).

2. Michigan starting players are not guaranteed to start based on senority, they have to fight for it and be in shape this year.

3. Michigan players will not be slow and overweight lacking the ability to finish a game.

4. Michigan has the best defense in the nation this year.

5. Michigan has the best freshman running back in the nation this year (yes I said it, let's all say Sam Mac Guffie. Oh yes he will be Mac-ing)

6. This is the first time that Michigan has had 2 shut down corners concomitantly in many years.

7. Michigan's kicking game is off of the hook.

8. This is Michigan; this is not Notre Lame.

9. If Michigan loses every game this season and beats Ohio State it is a successful season (I have my tickets to the game, I will be wearing a big clock around my neck at the game so after the game the Bucks will know what time it is).

9. Michigan's O-line has been terrible for the past 5 consecutive years as has the quarterbacking. Go watch the game tapes, watch the Michigan O-line get crushed and erratic quarterbacking.

10. Losing Arrington was a loss but Manningham could not catch worth beans.

11. Carson Butler is a Braylon-Edwards type of player and the best tight end in the Big Ten, even better than Beecham of Wisconsin. He is big fast and has hands like glue. He will step up this year and plant some jolting blocks as well.

12. Michigan remembers what happened last year. We remember Appalachian State,Oregon, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. The taste of fresh dirt lingers.

13. The best teams let the best players play, even the freshmen. Remember Maurice Clarret? I remember when Mike Hart was riding pine as a freshmen due to senority behind David Underwood (who was permanently retired after a hit in South Bend that gave him a concussion) .

14. Rich Rodriguez has more brains han any coach that I have seen at Michigan and I am impressed. He is the "X-factor". He has more talent on this team than he ever had at West Virginia and he plans to use every bit of it.

15. Anyone who wants to rank Michigan at #30 and is predicting that Michigan will lose 5 or 6 games can ram it.

This is Michigan !!!! We have everything we need and we will use it, nothing and no one is wasted. Here is where we stand. Let's Go Blue!!

superblue, Ann Arbor, MI

This was posted at the Detroit News Forum and I like this guy's attitude.
    Especially #15..........Go Blue

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This guy must be young. The "run, run, pass, punt" offense has been around at Michigan for at least 30 years.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I have no idea how good Blue will be this year. But I'll be checking in from time to time.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Whoa. That guy is really optimistic. I hope he's right.

At least this year will be interesting.

17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Good thing they didn't schedule Appalachian State.

Rodriguez will have to really reach into his bag of tricks this season. He doesn't really have a quarterback to run his system. If UM is going to finish high in the conference, defense will have to rule the day. Maybe they can stop a scrambling quarterback for once.

Their schedule is neither extremely tough or extremely easy. They have Illinois at home, but Notre Dame and Ohio State on the road. I think the Irish will be better this season. How could they be worse? Also, UM opens up against Utah, who is expected to challenge BYU to win its conference, the Mountain West. And no way are they beating Ohio State in Columbus. Won't happen.

I think UM goes 7-5. I think they're licking their chops in East Lansing, too.

18. Buckeyes#1

I make a motion someone starts a thread 2008. I'd do it but I don't want to type such derogatory words on my keyboard.

19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Utes have no chance against BYU.:MusicBigGrin:

20. Nemo

BYU football is good...On their channel, where they show the team playing well. I watched them beat UM in a bowl game...UGH.