Uncle Cliffy Suspended 5 Games

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Abe Froemen, May 13, 2006.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New Jersey forward Clifford Robinson was suspended five games without pay by the NBA on Friday after violating terms of the league's drug policy for the second time in two seasons......
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2442732

How is he still in the NBA is my question. He is a multiple offender, other people have been kicked out of the league and yet he is only getting a 5 game suspension?
    [​IMG] Richard Dumas, Forward
    Richard Dumas last played in the NBA with Philadelphia in 1996 and has since spent his time playing with minor league teams and overseas clubs. He was most recently released by the Westchester Wildfire of the USBL in May.

Remember him? He played for the Suns when they were in the finals against the Bulls. I thought he was a great young player, he got in trouble and could not couldnt get back in the NBA. I know there have been others like the Birdman this year getting banned but how is Cliffy still playing.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Could be that Uncle Cliffy has hurt the Pistons... in a close series one less big for the Nets could make the difference.... potentially effecting who the Pistons opponent is in the next round.
    Cliffy could pull out a shot blocker from the paint... giving all of their slashers room to roam inside.
  3. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Uncle Cliffy just pulled an Artest. He's been in the Association way too long to allow something of this nature to occur. Might as well have failed to show up.

Guess Cliffy can forget about Jersey exercising their team option on his contract next year.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Cliffy is the biggest idiot in the history of the NBA. Not only is he a repeat offender, but he seems to be one of the stupidest for getting caught. I'm sure there are dozens, maybe hundreds of players who are also "experimenting" in a similar manner, but they don't get busted. So much for vets knowing their way around the league :rolleyes:

As an aside, Chris McCloskey let something very interesting slip on WDFN yesterday discussing this. Wojo and Stoney blew right past it with no more than a "hmmmm..." from Wojo.

He said that it was known that Cliffy was moved from the Pistons because he was becoming a bad influence on Memo. Take that however you want.

I'm not interested in the morality of the rule or law, it exists, and we all have to live under it (based on jurisdiction), particularly for Cliffy since the NBA is a business and playing is a job.
  5. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Where is that thread on player you hate. Cliffy just showed up on my list for being world class dumb.