Undefeated!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Zoso, Nov 12, 2005.

?

When will the Pistons win streak come to an end?

1. Tuesday, versus Boston

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Friday the 18th, @ Houston

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Saturday the 19th, @ Dallas

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  4. Wednesday the 23rd, versus Denver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Friday the 25th, versus Washington

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Saturday the 26th, @ Milwaukee

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. It won't. They'll sweep through November, baby!

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

After finishing up their three-game Western conference road trip sweep with an impressive come from behind victory against the Trail Blazers, the Pistons remain as the lone undefeated team in the NBA.

The Pistons are now 6-0. Their best start sinse the 88-89 season, where they started 8-0 on their way to their first NBA championship.

How long can the Pistons keep their winning streak alive and who do you think will get the bragging rights for snapping their impressive run?
  2. G-man

G-man Starter

Zoso -nono

Whoa, Zo - this is a mojo query. You won't catch me going anywhere near the old mojo..
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

come on man don't jinx us. anyway our toughest game to me in november out of every game in november would be the one at phoenix, and the way we came back and won i think we shouldn't lose to any of these teams heck i think we're the best team so we should go 82-0, but teams always lose. i said in the poll we wouldn't lose to any team, but if i had to choose 1 I would of said the game at houston before, but since mcgrady is injured i'd would have to say the game at dallas. truly though we're better than both these teams and we should beat them at home or on the road.
  4. max

max All-Star

Record

Pistons record is at what 8 games? BOS at home is 7. 8 and 9 are a back-back road set in Houston and Dallas. Its going to be tough winning both of those games.
  5. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

G-man - himat

Fellas, there's an option for the Pistons to go undefeated through November. You can always choose that one. :)
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The 1970/71 Pistons went 9-0 to open the season.
  7. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

hey, Max...

Rockets will be on a back to back (play Spurs on 17th) and you guys on 18th:nod: That should help a little!
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

plus t-mac is injured, that really kills for them because now mainly we'll focus on yao while if there was mc-grady he could shoot and drive while yao could be a force in the paint. even though he's a lot shorter the best defensive player, ben wallace, still does what he does to everyone else he gaurds, he shuts them down.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bucs stop us here

I figure they will have enough rest next week to take on and defeat the Rockets and Mavs next weekend Texas. :nod: Should not have any prblems with the inconsistent Nuggets, but after running with the Wizards on the Friday after Thanksgiving, the turkey will finally get them on the road Saturday and the upcoming Bucs will ready to prove to the then 11-0 Pistons that they are no longer pretenders, but semi-contenders. :hungry:
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Last year in the end of November the Pistons had a record of 6-7. The team was in a bit of turmoil. The pieces weren't fitting right...Smush and DC were trying to fit into backup roles on the team, Ben dealing with a funeral and then the Pacers picking a fight with the fans. Larry seemed to have lost his interest in coaching.

The forums were hopping because turmoil breeds discussion. Everything is pretty calm in forumland now so I expect when we get this first loss we will at least get something to complain about in here.

You know what's weird? Teams are so geared up for the Pistons like the playoffs and we are still winning. Zach Randolph was quoted as saying that just getting close to the Pistons was an accomplishment.
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

TMac is supposed to play tonight versus the Nets. I don't know how healthy he is but that back to back with Houston and Dallas is going to be rough. I don't want to jinx them but normally you lose to a team you are not supposed to. So pick the weakest team on the schedule in November and that is when it is likely to happen.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

they reported that he'd be out for 3 weeks, i guess he's coming early then.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My guess is the streak ends on the road in a back to back against a very good Dallas team.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

not as good

i thought there team has gotten worse, but that would be my pick if any team does beat us in november. We'll see what happens, i think that game is next saturday.
  15. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Sure would be good to sweep through November

but I had to opt for it ending in Dallas. The back to back will be pretty difficult and Dallas has the people to stop the streak.

I am figuring the odds for Dallas to stop our streak at 50.00000001 % to 49.00000099 to not stop it.

But it might not be that close :eyebrows: .
  16. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Bills

That's what we want to hear. Teams satisfied to make it close. That's a major mental edge.

What's funny is this: We can say at this point that we really haven't played anyone yet because we haven't played any Central Division teams. This is arguably the best division in basketball (perhaps rivaled only by SA/Dallas/Houston) and is almost certainly the deepest in terms of quality teams.

Anyone notice the Central's the only division with every team above .500?
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah central division is definently the best. you've got 2 title contenders (guess which one is actually is a title winner), 2 great up and coming teams in milwaukee and cleveland, and chicago is not that bad of a team even though they lost eddy curry they're still very talented 3-2 is not a bad start for them.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Admission of guilt

Okay, I admit it. I was the one who voted for Boston. I had a bad feeling about this game. The Pistons were awesome in the 2nd half. That was fun to watch!!
  19. max

max All-Star

Yes

Kelser was saying on the Friday broadcast that the 71 team did not even make the post-season that year. Imagine what happened.
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Maybe they got caught getting too infatuated with their offense and playing defense for only half a game. That stifling D HAS to make a cameo in the first half or we're going to go home early.