Unhappy Bogut says changes need to be made

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, May 5, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=420690
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

a lot of great players coming off the bench such as bell and williams, but which starting guard should they replace??

im guessing he is talking about magloire but everyone knows he´s getting shipped anyway. looks like they could be stuck with simmons too, cos who wants him now?

bogut is an aussie and aussies HATE losing. money and fame is never a factor unlike some players.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I agree with what he said, but I think it would have been better for him to let others say it at this stage of his career. Especially since it wasn't Bobby Simmons who gave up all those baskets to Sheed.
  4. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Sheed abused that kid. Did you see the hard foul in the 4th quarter of Game 4; when he knocked him to the floor real hard? Bogut missed both free throws and Sheed didn't yell "the ball don't lie"; he looked pissed.

But anywho...back to the subject...do he think he is the franchise player? You know he was 1st in the First Round Draft pick, and the media has been pretty high, singing his praises of late. Maybe he think he has "arrived". I thought he was over-rated myself. I never did see him play a good game. I'm pretty sure he had to do well, especially since he made the Rookie First team and all, but I just didn't see what others saw in him. Personally, I thought Gomes and Green was much better. The last 2 weeks of the season, those two Rookies from Golden State even looked better. Anywho....

I think Charlie Bell and Mo Williams are good guards, especially back-up guards. They just need to work some more on their defense, and take more shots/quit relying on Redd to score all of the points. Cause overall, those two guards really can shoot. They normally have good shooting nights, the little time that they play. I guess they probably do need to do something about their forward positions. I think there is a trade rumor out about Jamal. What's the story with him???
  5. max

max All-Star

If you wonder who the next Knick will be - there you go. Bobbie Simmons. Isiah originally took their last bad contract Tim Thomas off their hands.

It does seem sort of vocal for a rookie. Goes to show he plans on sticking around. I found it interesting how Bogut blamed the coach for not letting him perform up to his potential. Seemed to have an underlying tone that the coach is one of those changes.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wouldn't be too surprised if Stouts didn't survive the week. Lots of stuff in the press up there about his rotation patterns, etc.

Pretty easy to see that in the Pistons series too - Bell, the what, third leading scorer on the team in the series? - fails to appear until the third quarter of game five when it's all over but the shouting. Gadzuric plays no significant minutes then decides to show Stouts up when he does finally get in.
  7. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Yea, I thought that was strange. Even Reggie Miller and the other announcer kept wondering why Bell wasn't in. The bad thing for Coach Stouts is that Bell defends Rip pretty well. Doubt if Bell could've stopped Rip that night, but he does well on Rip.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What rights does this rookie have to talk about changes?
    Shut up , listen and learn... maybe your opinion will matter some day.
  9. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah he got into a bit of trouble in the aussie press before the season even started with quotes of him slagging off luc longley.

but i think he will be better than longley for sure. he's not the most athletic guy but he will be solid and he definitely has the fire there to do well. i think his comments are more based on being angry with losing.

i never thought he should have been no.1 but for some reason the media got his train rolling and that was that. plus good bigs are still like gold nuggets in the nba and are worth the risk sometimes. (re: darko)
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I 100% agree Merc. Shut up and play.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't see this as a big deal. Call me a closet Bogut fan, but he's a rookie getting manhandled in his first playoff series then has to answer the mic.

He's right they need changes. That's what is important. He sees the problem and was (right or wrong) candid enough to give his take.

I lament today's NBA with the "other team played hard", "they are a better team" etc. acclimades for the other squad. I'd like to see a nice Detroit/Milwaukee rivalry. We don't have enough rivalries considering everyone hugs after the game.

Ron Artest, where art thou?
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah he's a little raw to be running a team. But then again maybe he's clairevoient. Ahh go look it up.
  13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

reminds me of Shut Up and Jam...Barkley's B-ball game.

"Get the damn ball!" ~ I seem to remember the game saying something like that. :)