Unleash Flip Murray

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 26, 2007.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Actually, you may not be too far off base. Atl, Mem, and Bos need PG's bad, would it be a bad move to keep Flip and Move Billups to get a high draft pick?? After watching Ben Wallace this season, I am ecstatic that we don't have that contract on the books, Lord only knows I don't want to say the same about Billups, you know he's gonna want a 4/5 year deal in the $50/$60 mill range....YIKES!!!!! ANd there's no way I want to end up looking like miami did this year. Joe's in a tough scenario here.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I said a few weeks ago that this years playoff performance could hurt CB`s negotiations for a huge deal, and someone beat me up aand down about that comment.

I forgot who it was. But nobody can convince me that if CB`s performance doesn`t improve, his aspirations for a max deal may not materialize.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

KGREG, been thinking on this one since last summer. Trying to get inside the head of Joe D. Especially after he showed us something with how he handled Ben's negotiations.
    Here's the thing. Joe has to talk a good game during the season about doing whatever it takes. But the reality is that no one out there thinks CB is worth what CB thinks he is worth, and that is going to become very apparent in free agency.

4. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I betcha that Orlando would give CB 12-13 million a year to start. They need a PG in the worst way possible and he would fit in well with their bigmen down there. If they clear a bit more capspace, it's realistic that they could offer him big money.

A veteran NBA FINALS MVP on Orlando along with their young bigmen and young players, would make them a contender in the EAST.

5. Dlev59

Unless they meet Cleveland and their trapping defense on him....:pound:

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They cannot. Not unless they give up DMC's rights. Most guesses put the Magic $15 million under the cap BEFORE signing Darko. Until a deal is struck, his salary counts 1.5 times the last season's amount, or approx. $7.5 million. That leaves $7.5 million in space. Billups already makes $6 million a year. The only way he goes to Orlando is in a sign & trade.

Bingo.

7. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think Flip Jr. would go together very nice with AJ and JMax. All three like to run and run and run. Tay would also fit in nicely with them and even Rip.

So I could see a five of Tay, JMax, AJ, Rip and Flip.

:hoops:

8. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Flip Sr will Never Ever play this unit. But i like the idea...:stirthepot:

9. Dlev59

And what would your bench provide, or should I say who??

10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I am not suggesting that as a starting unit or a bench unit. I think at this point it would be interesting to see it as a mixed unit, with of course Tay and Rip being starters. Which of the other three would start next year would depend on a number of factors.

So in the end these five would make up part of a eight to ten person rotation, depending on the mix of players that are here next year.

:hoops:

11. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 First Round Draft Pick

We need to do something to get Chauncey and Rip back on track. If we have to use Flip Murray more, fine. But do something so Cleveland don't get a chance to steal a game in Auburn Hills Thursday night, with a chance to finish us off in Cleveland Saturday night (if we don't win tomorrow at the Q.)

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Letting Flip Murray play this series is a good idea. It will prepare him to compete for a starters position once Chauncey leaves. He has potential.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But what about Old Skoo he hates Hate. What's he supposed to do with Hate on the court for 25 min. or more?

14. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Flip M maybe a good choice to disrupt the Cavs defense. Maybe they can utilize Webber in the process too. He certainly can pass.

15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Pass to who? Nobody seems to be able to make a shot nowadays. And that rim out there just blocks every layup attempt. Maybe Pistons should sit through a short refresher on dunking the ball?