Unleash Iverson or trade him...........

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Nov 12, 2008.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

AMEN. When I was watching AA & AI together, I swear AA looks like the 2nd coming of Aaron McKie - and I mean that as compliment. A backcourt of AA and AI could and would produce success that looks very similiar to the 2001 Sixers.

This team must fully commit to winning a championship this season, we are so deep and versatile and can throw so many different looks at teams that it's scary, but the team (coaching staff included) must commit to learning the different offensive and defnsive schemes that come with having such an extreme amount of versatility.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think we're more the Warriors than the Nugs. Watching the end of the Sacto game and seeing how small they are now was wince inducing.

I don't think AI's D should be singled out. It is the D as a whole that is weak. The drunken class slut is harder to get into than the heart of the Piston's D. DET seems to get about 2 dunks or layups a game and gives up about 50. Time after time after time you see Max, Amir or Sleepy Brown struggle to score while Air Hawes and Danny Boone score early and often.

At this point their role model should be the '06 Heat who were late to gel. It is absolutely early and there is a lot of change going on, but AI's handle was way shaky against BOS and he was not able to get into the paint. That isn't something that needs time to come together.

BOS has been down 18 & 16 the last 2 games and won. They mounted their comebacks playing D with Eddie House on the floor.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

FP22, Allan Houston...
    We gotta lock our guys up a year early. They don't even get to sniff FA.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Eddie House has been looking really confident. He has no hesitation shooting and seems to really be looking for the ball.

Also, Aaron Brooks was like a machine for Houston off the bench.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah I dropped Stackhouse on day one and grabbed Brooks for my fantasy team, He is a sparkplug for the Rockets similar to Will.i.am Bynum, but he just shoots better and has the three ball in his arsenal. if Bynum got as many minutes as Brooks, we could see some improvement on this team....

still waiting for someone to start the Will.i.am bandwagon thread:thumb:
  6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

You mean three of the four quarters EVERY game, right?

You have good point there. Those draughts nearly drove me insane on more than one occasion!

:gaah:
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I kind of thought he was unleashed. If not unleashed then he broke free from being tied to a post, dragging the leash as he ran wild!!

I disagree.

If our title hopes depend on AI`s defense we may as well start planning for the 2009-`10 season. Our defense as a team needs help, AI could use some improvement but to single him out is not fair.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's also not fair when the other team singles him out. That should be a technical.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Not trying to single him out, not bashing him, not depending on his D to suddenly appear out of nowhere (although that has been known to happen in professional sports when unhappy players get traded to a better situation, Vince Carter, Randy Moss, Manny Ramirez etc etc). The thing I want from AI is to not get beat so badly from so far out, He's got to be able to stay in front of his man at least to the 9' spot. Right now AI is getting beat 18' away from the basket causing our rotations to look even worse than what they normally are. AI stay with your man at least to the dotted line, and that's not asking too much.
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

AA is the only guard that can stay in front of his man consistently. CB couldn`t, Rip can`t, Bynum can at times.

AI`s defense is not any worse than CB`s. You guys are killing me.
  11. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

I don't know man really i don't know.Some writers were happy with AI's defense last game but everybody judges AI for his defense here.I think you are too biassed for Iverson.He was the defensive player of the year before joining NBA and he's not a bad defender now too.Just tell me guys whom was he guarding last night and how many points did his man score?

Just be objective.I give you statistics you give your subjective opinions.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Neither was Lebron last playoffs. I'm not too worried.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He guarded Beno Udrih who when 8-14 (18 points), 3 assists, and 7 rebounds. Then Udrih left the game, Bobby Jackson came in and shot 3-4 for 7 points.

Our collapsing defense after his man drove by him gave up another 47 points on layups and dunks.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

B-I-N-G-O!!! But still, if we want to legitamately compete for a 'ship, then somebody needs to stay in front of their DAMN man on the perimeter. The more I think about it, the more I like Curry's no bailout defensive scheme, no more hidng, let's expose these cats for what they're for and hold them accountable.
  15. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

Mostly he was guarding salmons not udrih.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Correct, and he was guarding Salmons because Beno was kicking his U-NO-WHAT, so they took him off the ball defensively.