Unwatchable

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Zoso, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

The Tigers have officially sunk to a new low. It's not bad enough to be on an 8 game losing streak (although it seems much longer then that) but to get flat out embarrassed at home by the God awful K.C. Royals like this (down 11-1 in the 7th inning, at the moment) is just deplorable.

I said the other day that Tram should get one more year (to see what he could do with a healthy roster) but I'm seriously re-thinking that now. It just looks like he's lost the team.

It really does look like these guys have given up. They don't concentrate when they're in the field or on the base-paths. From throwing the ball in the stands when there's only two outs, to what Pudge just did at 2nd base. He slides in to 2nd base, the fielder dropped the ball, as the umpire (who was standing right in front of Pudge) threw both his arms out calling him safe. But, ol' Ivan, in true Tigers fashion, was oblivious to the entire situation. He gets up, dusts himself off, and promptly trots towards the dugout as the Royals SS runs up and tags him out. Which of course left Pudge standing there with a confused look on his face. Unreal.

That's it folks. I give up. I'll tune in next year, when hopefully things are looking much better.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nine losses and counting

It's hard to believe that this team was once 50-51 and 7 games out of the wild card spot. Talking about a summer swoon. The hitting is good enough to make them a pretender but the pitching is atrocius and they will be lucky to win 70 games. They should have been cheering at the schedule when they saw the Royals on the weekend schedule, but instead get spanked again with bad pitching. :tape:
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

disheartning

I'm at a loss for words. Just hideous.