Updated Roland Ratings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Nov 26, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Updated Roland Ratings

Players in the plus
    --------------------
    Billups ----11.7
    Prince ----10.0
    Wallace ---4.8
    Johnson ---2.9
    Hamilton ---1.0

The Rest
    --------------
    Murray ----------- (1.2)
    Mohammed --------1.6)
    Dupree -----------(2.0)
    Afflalo-------------(2.6)
    Hayes ------------ (6.4)
    Maxiell ------------(7.8)
    Samb -------------(11.7)
    Hunter ------------(20.3)

Who was guarding the paint yesterday? It couldn't have been AJ, he was guarding the bench. Play him or trade him.

Detroit Pistons NBA stats and data from 82games.com
    :hoops:

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know what it is, but Lindsey seems to be an expert in getting the lowest possible roland rating, no matter how much playing time he gets. It must be biased against his style.

3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Bad shooting, no assists, ball hogging point guards just don't get enough respect.

4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

As for the rest, the Roland ratings are pretty close to how I would rank the team after the few games that I've seen. I'd probably raise Samb a couple of notches after the way he played against the Lakers.

But Nazr has played solidly, why he doesn't get more PT I couldn't tell you. And Amir has played like a pretty good rook. Ups and downs, but nothing a little PT wouldn't cure.

JMax has had some great dunks and blocks, but he's also been posterized and blocked too many times. At this stage in his career, he should be more consistent. His rebounding has improved, but the D has not.

The only surprise is Sheed, I'd have thought he was #1. Ball don't lie, Sheed the best player on the team this year.

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

At this stage in his career? The guy has played very little over the course of his career thus far.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amir was 4th or 5th on the team in the Roland ratings for last year too, but with limited minutes.

We now have 2 small sample sizes to look at, but they both say that he is valuable.

He's definitely not making a fool out of himself on the court. Just needs more opportunity.

I was watching that NY/Det game on Tivo last night, cause I missed it when I was out of town for Xgiving. Here is what I don't get. Amir is inserted in the game in the 2nd quarter. He's playing pretty well, and then he picks up a cheap 2nd foul. Saunders takes him out of the game, like you would do for a starter who is getting in foul trouble. He puts in Nazr.

What is the point in that? Who cares if a bench player that you weren't going to play in the 2nd half anyway gets a 2nd foul?

7. buddahfan

I don't think he got reinserted into the game until the very end.

I thought it was all a bit strange, until I remembered that from what I have read and heard in interviews with Saunders it appears to me that he doesn't like AJ and/or think much of his game. Sure as heck hope that I am wrong.

But the proof will be in the pudding and we will definitely know more as the year moves along.

8. buddahfan

Including yesterday's game

Player ----Min % -------Rating
    -----------------------------
    C-Bill -----60%--------- 11.3
    Tay ------74% ----------9.2
    AJ --------13% ----------7.6
    Sheed ----57% ----------5.0
    Rip--------62% ----------1.8

Everyone else is negative

Maybe if AJ talked more he would have the highest Roland Rating. LOL Maybe that is what Flipper is really waiting for before he plays him more; i.e. having the highest rating, though I doubt it.

Detroit Pistons NBA stats and data from 82games.com