Urgent!!! - Recovering from the ommission of the IR player

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 28, 2005.

?

How should we handle the loss of the injured reserved spot in fantasy basketball?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2005.
  1. Maintain Roster Size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Add an additional Bench position

100.0%
  1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

On the issue of how to handle the loss of the injured reserved spot in fantasy basketball, what is your preference?

A - Maintain Roster Size
    B - Add an additional Bench position

Please vote accordingly. The results/solution will be imlempented tommorrow, Saturday, @8:00 am.

ROSCOE: PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL AND ANSWER THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE IN THE PF.COM ADVANCED LEAGUE. IF YOU AREN'T IN THE A-LEAGUE, YOUR VOTE WHILE INTERESTING AND APPRECIATED, WON'T COUNT. SORRY.
  2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Second Round Draft Pick

I know I'm not in your league but I would add another roster spot, you can really never have too many roster spots so one more wouldn't hurt, because you know at some point your going to have multiple hurt players, that is why the NBA itself expanded the roster size
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My vote is for adding an additional spot. It isn't unthinkable to have 2-3 guys injured at a time. That would leave you with zero bench spots.

I don't think that effects strategy, it just eliminates your options.

If strategy or competativeness are a concern (as per a discussion on our Yahoo league site) what about switching the 2 utility positions to bench spots? That would give us 5 bench spots, so you wouldn't have to add anymore, while giving us 2 less active point spots.

That would increase the strategy involved, while still protect us against guys going down to injuries. It will also make you choose your starters wisely because you'll have 2 additional players that are playing that night, but 2 less spots to put them.

I personally don't like the utility spot. You can put anyone in there regardless of position and still earn points. It really takes away from the importance of the positions, having guys with versatility and having a well rounded team. It would limit the need to make trades to fill weaknesses caused by having too many guys for 1 position, since you can just pop them in the utility spot and not worry about it.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Keep the # of players on the roster the same, but switch the 2 utility spots to 2 more bench spots.
  4. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Vote

I like a modified version of the idea that Jammertime put forward. Instead of adding a roster spot, or transferring the UTIL positions to bench, lets change one center position to bench. I think that this will solve the problem of having to fight over Mikki Moore halfway through the season:doh: . There are just not enough good centers in the league to have 2 on each roster, and they are often injured. At some point, its no longer strategy, its stupid:frusty: .

If this is not going to happen, then I vote for adding one spot.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Add a spot.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thats another possibility. Every league I've ever been in only has one spot for a C and has never had the utility position.

Yet another variation on that would be losing 1 C and 1 Util and gaining either 1 or 2 bench spots.

There are lots of different possibilities out there. I'm fine with whatever is decided (as long as we don't decided to eliminate the PG position, because I have a couple of good ones).
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The vote is over.

A new bench position has been added. Enjoy!