Urgh Dumars....

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 22, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

This is a thoughtful post.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Thee, Don't be blaming Darth Tater for the rise of the Sith and for sucking out brains because frankly, Tater hates brains.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If JD has a weakness it's coddling his starters too much. If he wanted any of his draft picks to play he should have put his foot down. His hands off approach to coaches may be too soft.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So that wasn't Tate feeding some guy his own brain in that "Lambs" sequell.

5. max

max All-Star

Would it really be that bad? Count up all the 10+ assist nights and 30 point games. One of the lowest assist/to ratio in the league.

I know we all are still a bit upset with his playoff performance and lame excuse of being tired. Lets give him another chance. He did not dissapoint in all the other playoff runs.

Ros - why worry about 4 years from now? Or even this whole thing really. Last summer most of us switched to Ben Wallace avatars for support and it did not do any good.

Who is to say CB cannot be productive at age 35? If we lose him next year I can tell you we may as well kiss away any title hopes. May as well even blow up the whole team and get ready for a long rebuilding process. To me thats not worth an extra 3 mil in cap space.

6. Slippy

I am really thinking that Joe's only fault is sustaining a high level team. There is very little room for an Arroyo, Murray, James, Evans to flourish and even less room for a Milicic, Delfino or Maxiell.

I think we need to depend on these other guys more. Increase their minutes a little but their importance to the team a bit more.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah if he can't bring it in a contract year, dump him.

8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, too bad us mindless twits can't fully appreciate it. :der:

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Out of the box... Signing C.B. to near Max $'s allows him to be traded for a premium talent later.

10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

..or makes him a difficult contract to move should he start to show signs of age, right?

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I start feeling old- I remember well when Joe signed Billups as one of his first deals as a GM. He signed him for a couple of years and now it's time to give him a new one. Geez, it's strange when you get older with your heroes and when there are players 2-3 years younger than you becoming stars.
    C'mon, wake up- this team has no title hopes, with or without Chauncey, with or without Big Ben. I can't understand how anyone can darely believe this team has any chances, but I like your optimism.

12. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i feel ya ralphie. but try 20 years younger than you... and my heroes are the guys with the gray (or no) hair in the first row

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the pistons are good enough to win a title this year.

14. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Are you being sarcastic? The homer in me would like to believe that the Pistons have a chance but I have to be honest. The Pistons don't stand a chance of winning the title with the team the way it is now. They may be fortunate to make it to the Eastern Conference finals and lose to David Stern's son Lebron James .

Being objective we can't beat San Antonio or Dallas. We don't have someone to stop Ginobli and Dallas still has that deep bench that they will wear us down with.

15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm not being sarcastic. i still believe the pistons would have won the title last year if sheed didn't hurt his ankle in the cleveland series. the east is terrible and if we get to the finals it's anyone's series. people on this forum are treating the pistons like a lottery-bound team and i don't understand it.

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I have been thinking they've lost there advantage... but where is the competion coming from in the East... the mighty Cavs?
    This parity thing has really shaken up our conf.
    I still like the Nets (nice blend of youth & winning experience)
    The Bulls will come on once they gel all the new talent.
    Never count out a vet team like the Heat to win the big games when arrive (if they make it).
    Leaving the Pistons... hey, why the hell not?

It's an interesting question... why not?

17. Slippy

I believe we can. Its not a cake walk but thats probably for the best. We will need some sort of shake up but i think its possible. Unlikely but not unfathomable

18. max

max All-Star

Its very likely. If it were another team with 3-all stars would you still think as pessimistically?

19. Slippy

yeah considering its San antonio or Dallas. We are still missing a piece IMO...Chauncey will be chauncey and rip will be rip. Tay is really stepping it up but I think we need something else. Maybe Hunter, Murray and Delfino coming together to form a hounding defense that creates easy buckets.
    Maybe in the playoffs, Sheed will hulk out and we'll ride him to the happy ending.

20. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am far from saying they are a lottery team. The Pistons are still a 50 plus win team. In the playoffs players on our team seem to disappear. This is fact. Since this team is less defense orientated means we will have to out score our opponents in the West. I don't think we have enough fire power that will step up consistently in the playoffs.