US World Championship Team 15 Finalists

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by aurora, Jul 25, 2006.

1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Max, call your cable company. With Comcast where I am, I get NBATV as part of a sports package they add to my cable channels for only $4.99 per month. It's NBA League Pass that's the expensive one during the NBA season where you can get all the out of your local area games.

I think you can probably get NBATV right away and be watching the international games. You may have to have digital cable instead of just basic, so it may depend on your present cable or dish service. Call!

There is a whole thread I started on NBATV and NBA League Pass with subscriber input on here when I was trying to decide to get it. Here's the link.

http://www.pistonsforum.com/nba-stuff/3421-nba-tv-nba-league-pass.html

2. max

max All-Star

Aurora - thanks again. I had responded in the other thread.

1st game against PR will be on ESPN2. If you have NBA tv then you will have access to about 3X as many games, even ones for other teams.

3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

U.S. vs. Lithuania, played in Korea

The Korean fans are LeBron crazy. Every time he even touches the ball you can hear the buzz in the arena. After his 2 huge dunks, the whole arena was on its feet "witnessing." :P But what are these Korean fans going to do on Tuesday when James Gang USA goes up against their own national Korean team in exhibition play? Judging by the Lithuania game, it could be real ugly for Korea. Especially because the Coach Duke is telling these guys to play every possession hard no matter how far ahead the team is.

The play by play guys kept raving about the US defense. But it looked to me like even though Lithuania was held to so low points, they did score with perimeter passes into the paint. The interior defense was suspect in the second half. Also I hate to say it, but the team seems somewhat jumpshot happy. :ohwell: I'm sure that won't come as a surprise to anyone.

Game Story, Box Score, and Quotes from USA Coach and Team
    http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2006/06_mwc_training_schedule.html