Away Utah Jazz Monday March 12 2012

Discussion in 'March 2012' started by roscoe36, Mar 9, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2012.
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Utah

75.0%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

9:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The Northwest division is a battle with 4 teams fighting for position.
    A .500 team battling the Pistons at their home.............Utah by 3.......

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Time for the jinx to end.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Utah doesn't have Charlie Villanueva on their team.
    They'll win because of this.
    ...Whether its from his play or just Karma; it doesn't really matter.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Pistons looking ok except for a 3 minute stretch of sloppiness resulting in like 5 straight turnovers. They were making the Jazz shoot jumpers for a bit then Favors came in and dominated inside. Stuckey countered a bit with aggressive drives.

6. Slippy

I'd give up our pick and something else for favors

7. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

That was such an awful foul. Late too. Talk about home cooking. :angrysoapbox: Stuckey's getting aggressive though. Utah's announcers saying the Pistons get a lot of offensive boards because "they're so bad at everything else'. What jerks.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

stuckey looked good in the second quarter and seem to stroll thru jazz bigs at will to the hoop. I like that aggressiveness...especially when he doesn't get blocked....

9. LA Dre

Devon Harris is a Piston killer, no matter what team he is playing on...can't let them beat us on the threes

10. Slippy

Monroe is getting the ball up top and guys are moving around.

11. Slippy

Why did GM sit so long?

12. LA Dre

Jazz close game on an 18-3 run to prevent the Pistons from breaking their losing streak in Utah which stretches back to November 2002.

The game was tied at 87 and I am thinking that coach Frankie waited to waited to long to bring Moose back in....although once he came in, he got blocked twice and missed a FT. Dude needs to learn how to dunk with two hands when he is playing against shot blockers. Al Jefferson had a monster night overshadowing Stuckeys 30 points (his sixth straight over 20). Al even hit his first three point shot ever to end the game.

This reminds me of the Memphis game a couple of weeks back when the Pistons and Grizz went down to the final 4 minutes tied and the Grizz won by 15+.....same situation here my fellow forumites.......They hit all of their shots in the last three minutes and the Pistons only made 3 free throws during that time span.

The road wearies continue.

linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Your guess is as good as mine Slip. We can't win on this floor, not even when we were good. I guess it's good that they can compete well on the road, but that CJ Miles 3 was killer. For a guy who apparently wasn't shooting it well from distance, he sure burned the Pistons with it. That's your man, Tay. And how many times was he open?

Only player of note was Stuck, who continues to be hot from the floor. Both Greg and Brandon shot just over 40% from the floor. Not going to get it done. Tayshaun's faded into the background of the offense a little, only took 6 shots, making 4.

Brandon's shot was on and off. BG's was on, then went off in crunch time. Greg played really well at the start of the third, then came back too late to be able to make much of a difference. JJ shoots too many jumpers. Putting it on the floor is a no go though.

Face Palm comment of the day: "Monroe wears 10? That's a guard's number. Big men wear big numbers." And then Enes Kanter walks into view, wearing number 0. :lol:

Weird game. No one could really get going outside of Stuckey for the Pistons, and it seemed like any Jazz player struggling to score before got it going for them. Up next, Boogie and the Kings.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. Slippy

The game started out pretty good. Monroe got the ball a lot and guys moved around him. There was more off the ball movement in this game than in any other this month. We negated that early on with turnovers which lead to easybuckets. Still it was back and forth. They need to deal a big and let Favors play. Maxiell was a big factor down low and Ben showed how hard he will be to replace even if the box score wasn't that impressive. For most of the game we made them shoot contested jumpers. Our defensive rotation was mostly crsip except for one highlight mis-cue. On the perimeter, several mistakes resulted in untimely 3bombs.

Gordon stank again. He hit 3 shots to make me think he'd get uncorked but as the game wore on he fired up bricks.

Stuckey was The MAN. The movement helped out since guys had to decide to rotate to the lane vs. cheat off and lay in wait for super collider attack!

Wilkins was in too long in this game. I have warmed up to the guy and in toronto he was good but in the 4th he was matched up against Kanter. Monroe sat out 8 minutes of 12 in the 4th. We're not tanking. I swear it.

Knight has got a long way to go. But I like him more than Kanter.

I thought we could have won but this is not the first time we went away from what worked for 3 quarters onto get a mini run on us in the 4th to put it out of reach....

raxrets and roscoe36 like this.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We competed really well and just ran out of steam in the 4th. The team looked good.

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Both teams played hard.

17. Slippy

I found it wierd that the Jazz announcers/TV producers were so hung up on their two finals appearances 15 years ago.