Away Utah Jazz Monday, March 24, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. max

max All-Star

Its amazing how SanAntonio gets the most out of their players. Such a good system that really puts their players in
    the best position to succeed.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah but I had Tiaggo Splitter on my fantasy team ready to give me a mini double-double last night and Pops didn't play him opting to play Daye instead...of course I am only playing for 5th place, so no big deal I guess...............
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Here comes the 3 win streak that robs us of the pick. When the Pistons went ahead 15 or something in the 2nd quarter I couldn't take it anymore so I jumped to the end of the 4th.

I doubt Burke will hang on to a starting position longterm.
  4. max

max All-Star

At least we would not have to worry about losing the pick next year.
    Walter likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I really think our pick next year will be significantly worse. The draft will likely be shallower too.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Coach must have decided to win this game.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

No, the Clueless Coach still has an Agenda Against Winning. It's clear after this win that he has lost control of the team.

Sent from outerspace
    Walter likes this.
  8. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I read this after the game and luckely managed to download the Utah game (not many NBA games on TV here in Europe) and then watch it. So Lee i did what you always swear by.
    First thing i noticed was that when Singler went out the so called "Major Run" didn't happen. As a noob game watcher ofcourse i thought i missed it but even the second time it just didnt happen. Therefore i decided to check on NBA.com how the game developed minute by minute. But looking at the score and Singler's exit this is what it said:
    11:35 Score 28-23, Singler Substitution replaced by Jerebko
    08:21 Score 29-36,
    07:59 Score 31-36
    05:43 Score 33-44 (after 3 lobs from Bynum to Drummond)
    04:54 Score 34-49
    So after Singler's exit(11:35) it still took till 05:43 untill Detroit had a lead larger then 10 points. At 07:59 it was still 5 points, the same when Singler went out at 11:35
    So your claim of sitting Singler as the trigger for the "Major Run" is incorrect. This proves to me you are either really biased towards Singler or you are just writing this to troll the forum and get a response (which i think is disrespectfull to the readers of this forum).
    The "Major Run" was actually triggered more by Bynum (another of Lee's nightmares). Bynum came in at 08:21 Score 29-36 (Jennings Substitution replaced by Bynum). At 05:43 Score 33-44 (after 3 lobs from Bynum to Drummond) Bynum came in and had 3 assists straight away, all oops to Drummond. If you want to look at it in a negative way you could say benching Jennings triggered your "Major Run"

Same here. Checked it, didn't see it as Lee and checked NBA.com. This is what they said:
    10:03 Score 76-88, Singler Substitution replaced by Bynum and Jennings Substitution replaced by Caldwell-Pope
    08:35 Caldwell-Pope Jump Shot: Made (8 PTS) Assist: Bynum (7 AST) [DET 92-76]
    08:21 Caldwell-Pope Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA)
    08:03 Caldwell-Pope Running Jump Shot: Made (10 PTS) [DET 94-77]
    07:44 Bynum Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
    07:03 Caldwell-Pope Rebound (Off:0 Def:1)
    06:48 Drummond Alley Oop Layup shot: Made (19 PTS) Assist: Bynum (8 AST) [DET 96-79]
    06:28 Caldwell-Pope Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
    06:09 Score 79-99

I see a lot of KCP and Bynum in there (also a few Stuckey hoops which i didn't mention) getting the score back up to a 20 point lead. So to me it seems that the run was started by KCP and Bynum (again) entering the game and not by Singler sitting down.

Singler went out at 10:03.
    10:03 12 point lead
    08:35 16 point lead
    08:03 17 point lead
    6:09 20 point lead
    To me this is not a "Major Run" (which you say started at 10:03). To me a "Major Run" is getting 10-12 points in 2 minutes.

Looking at these two examples of your observation vs mine/NBA.com really shows to me that you are biased. Not only towards Singler but probably also towards other aspects of the game.
    basketbills and BillLaimbeer like this.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We simply have different definitions of major runs. I look at a much long time period for a major run. Any two minute run I call a mini run, or little run. Sorry you had to write up all that for a simple misunderstanding.
    Mogilny likes this.
  10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Stop mixing up mini runs, little runs and major runs.

Thanks in advance.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

I've always considered them minor runs, major runs, and dominant runs.

Sent from outerspace
    Mogilny likes this.
  12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You might want to see a doctor for that.
    coynejeremy, roscoe36 and linwood like this.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

The Rock and Roll Doctor.

Sent from outerspace
  14. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

As usual you focus and debate on what you want to read, the rest you just neglect. You said started the major run, there was no discussion about the length.
    11:35 Score 28-23, Singler Substitution replaced by Jerebko (you say started a major run)
    08:21 Score 29-36,
    07:59 Score 31-36 (here the lead is still 5 points, where is the run?)
    04:54 Score 34-49
    So to me the run started at 07:59, way long after Singler went out, and close after Bynum entered. So the discussion is about your bias towards Singler.

Same for the second part. That run didn't start when Singler went out. But because of your bias you only look at the things that prove your point. You discard anything that contradicts your opinion or that proves your opinion is wrong. Your reaction to my post is just a clear example.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You realize, I am sure,that the burden is on you to prove me wrong. And I see you are doing a whole lot to do so. And I might add, you could use simpler arguments. But you would still be wrong in calling out what I wrote. I still stand by it. I still say it was the fact Singler was not in the game that allowed us to get a 20 point lead. In my opinion, we are a much worse team simply because Singler is on it and getting playing time. Here are some major flaws with your arguments so far.

1. The subject of praise for Bynum has already been debated enough for this game. I quoted a guy who mentioned Bynum had a lot of assists. And this fact has been mentioned, leaving the door open to Bynum deserving more praise, yet remembering it was just Utah we are talking about.

2. You fail to mention the before and after when Singler came out in the 2nd half. Before, we had just lost a lot of lead. After, we put the game away. I never said anything about anything starting instantaneously. Mini runs occur all the time. They are not as important as where you end up later in a quarter.

3. You fail to get my message, that the Pistons got that 20 point lead in the first half without Singler. Its a fact. Get over it. No way in this game was there any need for Singler to play, as he could not guard anybody, something pretty much consistent game after game. All guards are too quick for him. Nearly all small forwards can overpower him, and most are also quicker. I see continual problems from him playing for us, on both ends of the floor. I see us getting better as a team when he leaves the floor. So lets recap: We played basically even against Utah, a very poor team. Singler came out. We got a sizeabe, 20 point lead. Singler came back in the game, and that point, he did not come back out of the game until the lead had shrunk to 12. Then he came out. And gee, we soon put that lead back up to 20 and had control of the game. Do you now get my message, that Singler had no role in getting us a win? Disagree or agree, but I certainly hope you understand what I wrote.

4. Another game has happened since this one. A game we had in hand, we lost. The game slipped from us, in my opinion, mainly due to Singler coming back in with 6 minutes left, for no reason. There was nobody he was needed for to guard. Our team was doing pretty darn well, and seemingly on a way to a win. There were no real defensive problems, since Bynum, nor Singler was in the game During those first 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. By the end of the quarter, wow, a 10-0 run for the other team to beat us. With Singler in the game, doing absolutely nothing, since that is his talent level. That is his worth in the NBA. Zero.

5. PS, I did not have to look anything up on this, since I actually watched the game. Please try watching the games, and forming your own opinon from that. Thankyou. And then tell me how you think Singler helped us.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That isn't actually how the burden of proof works. If you assert that such and such happened in a game, the onus is on YOU to prove what you have claimed is correct. Menace needs only challenge your claims, and then the burden is on you to substantiate them.

At least that is how it works in court, in science etc.

I think Menace made a pretty strong argument that you engage in hyperbole when talking about players you do not like.

Also, Menace said he watched this game, so please stop telling people to watch the game when they already have. It's condescending.
    The Panda and Walter like this.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That one was too easy...
  18. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I don't like the runs...
    I wish the Tigers could score a lot of runs.
    I wonder who makes the JD...popcorn runs.
  19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What about mixolydian runs and dorian runs if you wanna get all metallica about it.
    linwood likes this.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Finally someone "gets" me.

Sent from outerspace