Varejao "I Want $10M A Year" Ferry "Maybe We Offer $6M"

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I guess Ferry doesn't think he is worth as much as Darko. If I was Ferry, I'd do a sign and trade with Orlando, they are desperate and dumb
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. buddahfan

Maybe one of our forum leaders can write a nifty little sub-routine that will analyze the content of the post and then place it in the appropriate thread.

That would be really cool and probably could be copyright protected and marketed for some green stuff.

:hoops:
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good idea. In the meantime, continue creating brand new threads every time an NBA player wipes his nose.

6. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Consolidating threads may help keep things tidy, but new threads keep the site fresh and interesting.
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Based on last year's sprocket points he should be making around $6.6 mil. He's a player you got to assume will get better. So, a five year deal starting at $6.7 with 10% annual raises gets him to just shy of ten in the last year.

Not quite what he's asking for, but I'd guess pretty close to what he ends up with.
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This sounds like a sensible idea. I don't believe that a bench player should warrant $10mil salary.
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

I didn't want to start a new thread but I wanted to discuss why Bill Laimbeer is poking his lip. And what is the girl in the upper right sitting on?
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd start him over what's-his-name with the funny hair.
  11. buddahfan

I have a sneaking suspicion that you didn't mean nose and were trying to be politically correct.

[​IMG]

This post has been to you as a public service guide for the upcoming winter.

How to blow your nose ? on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If we could do that level of analysis, we'd start a search engine and wipe out Google. :gun1:

Bill has a point, and kpaav does as well. Let's try to add the process of evaluating if news is worthy of it's own thread, or if it would be better served in a "catch all" thread. The best way to keep the board clean is for the members to take personal responsibility for it, not for staff to create/enforce new and more standards.

Don't let that stop anyone from posting, but add in selectivity for where the post will go.

Thanks for the info on the runny noses btw. It's cold up here in Canada. :)
  13. max

max All-Star

It would set a very dangerous precedence if that clown got 10mil/yr.
  14. buddahfan

That sounds good to me, except it seems to me that if the posters can be a little more conscientious of where their posts go, then the forum leaders should take the time to move them if they feel the post is in the wrong place.

After all, the forum leaders are supposed to be more in the know than the "casual internet poster".

It seems to me that we should all try and pitch in to do our part to keep the forum in ship shape.

15. buddahfan

The biggest problem of combining posts on marginally related topics in a preexisting thread is that the topic can get lost among other topics on that thread.

For example, if you think it is worthwhile to discuss Varejao's contract demands and Cleveland's offer and you put it in another thread, then it makes it confusing trying to keep a running discussion going on that particular topic because its posts will get mixed up with other themes in the same thread.

It seems to me that if the poster and forum leader think that a topic will generate a decent amount of discussion, like for example 20 or more posts then that topic should have its own thread in order to be able to have a decent conversation about the topic without it getting mixed up with other material.

Thanks for listening.

16. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I am a father of four and husband. I love the site but never have the time to explore the other threads. I would not have a problem with posts being moved to create new threads. How long doe a thread stay available if no one posts to it?
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We almost never delete threads. They will fall down towards the bottom of the forum if there is no discussion, but clicking the NEW POSTS link on the top menu bar should always show you what is both new, and unread.