Vick pleads guilty

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by coynejeremy, Aug 20, 2007.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I support him and I'm a white dude.....So what is this about the "Ricky Williams rule" that means he won't be able to play in Canada when he's released?

2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think the CFL passed a rule that prevents any of their teams from signing anyone who's suspended from playing in the NFL.

3. basketbills

That doesn't seem right. If a guy goes to prison and serves his sentence isn't that enough? Why deny him a chance to get a job in his profession on top of that? This is overkill to the max...way out of proportion to the crime.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Even though NFL has suspended Vick, Falcons still have some hope and have not cut or released him yet. If the CFL and NFL-Euro rejects Vicks after he gets out of the pokey:yellowprison: , is he eligible for the Arena Foolsball?

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I think that Vick needs to stay on the roster for the team to be able to collect bonus monies that were defaulted due to his latest issues.......

Of course, he deserves another chance, if he does the time for his crime. I just don't think it will be with Atlanta. Blanks has got to be cheesed that Vick lied to him about his involvement.

One year in jail with one year suspension added means he'll be eligible around 30. That penalty would be fair.........IMHO..

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Well, nothing is ever absolute, bills. I'm a white dude and I didn't support Imus. :pound: But I certainly don't support Vick either.

Romonowski was on WDFN this morning and said Al Davis would be just the maverick who would bring Vick back into the NFL. In Oaktown, Vick would be of high moral character.

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

NFL-Europe no longer exists. Unfortunately. I liked it when I was living in Germany and had some German friends who were WAY into it.

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm a black dude and I don't support Vick.

9. Nemo

I hope he has the opportunity to play again. I really don't think he's all that good. I just want to see which owner will take the chance.
    Will AL Davis still be around................
    Will WCF still be in charge...........aaaarrrrgggghhhh............
    Does Jerry Jones like to collect these characters.............
    Will Mark Cuban have an NFL franchise by then.............

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

11. basketbills

I don't know....you seem pretty wishy washy about the whole thing. Make up your mind...do you support him or not?

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I would like to say that I support white and black dudes.

13. Nemo

I would like to say that I support one white lady..........Actually, she makes very good money...........

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now he has to stay at home and can't go out and get any smoke. Its's obvious by the way his eyes looked , he was smoking MJ for a long time....

I know that this requires it's own thread in the smoke room (green room), but I still don't know why booze is legal and Marijuana isn't? Both can lead to impaired judgement depending upon how much you use at one sitting, but only athletes are subjected to suspensions etc., if it is in their blood stream and the rest of us are free to drink as much as we can and smoke as long as we don't make a fool of ourselves in public and wake up an make it to work on time....

In fact every Britney or Lindsey who drinks to much and gets their name in the media still gets to make another record or movie without any suspensions....

Yes I understand it can affect our own personal jobs if it becomes a habit, but how many of us know someone who was fired from their jobs for having a joint on the weekend? Maybe I am too far from this because I never drank or smoked (Ok I enhaled once or twice in college 30 years ago), but in the early 80's many of my friends partied with mary jane and all now are outstanding men and women....with no apparent affects from it. If doctors are prescribing it, it must not be all that bad.

Moderators, please start another thread if you feel this is another topic we can discuss..until...Heat vs Pistons Oct 8, 2007

16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I would tend to agree with you.... and I think its a topic worth discussing but more to the point of vick today.... What a fool, your on court orders to not do it, know your getting random drug tests.... you look really bad already in the puplic eyes, and you want to get back into the NFL. (isn't it also banned by them?.... a longer suspension?)

He sure isn't doing himself any favors.....

On the ESPN spec last night they had a question i truely hated.... something like do you want him on your team after its all over. As much as i think as soon as his penalties are up he should be allowed to return to his way of making a living... i don't want him on my team, and it has nothing to do with the off the field stuff. I have yet to see enough from him to show he's going to lead me to a title....

Here's hoping that he gets his head straight and can go on to live a full and productive life.