1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Villenueva's New Look

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 18, 2010.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Good Morning all. Good News.

My nephew works at the Bistro Bordeaux in Auburn Hills. CC comes in, I guess he just finished working out at Auburn Hills.

According to my nephew, he got an autograph from CV talked a bit.

The thing that was very, very noticeable, is CV's body mass. He was cuttttt and has put on quite a bit of muscle both lower and upper body.

That is very good news.

2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

um...there was a story mentioned by silvertongue how CV had to give his word to dumars to stay in detroit and work out.

Seems that...JoeD is more sucessful as a personal trainer than a GM

damn john hammond, where are you?

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good stuff. Joe has said repeatedly that Vill has been the gym rat this summer. As much smack as I talk/type, I truly want this team to excel and if Vill could put it all together that could be a major piece in moving forward. I really hope Vill can transition to a PF/C type of player, because as gifted as he is, for a face up 4 he's slower than molasses on a cold day.

4. armygirl

My nephew didn't care much at all for the Villenueva acquisition last year, considered him a lazy player and lacked self motivation.

However, after talking to my nephew, he must have really impressed him, he siad the muscle that he put on is very noticeable. We will see in Ocotber.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Hopefully Arnie has been successfull in getting rid of that 'dirty diaper' run of his.

6. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Good News !!! No doubt about that!

I don't see him never playing as a Center

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking this thread was going to say that CV grew an afro and a mustache:MusicBigGrin:

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I was thinking the same thing as a clicked on this thread.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I just figured he went shopping at Louis The Hatter.

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Did your nephew mention anything about the improvement in CG's stride mechanics?

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think so, but they're saying that he can now lift his leg up to 2nd brick on a standard brick wall.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I dunno what you guys are talking about. CV is plenty athletic.

How do you think he managed to evade the weight room for so many years?

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

It's funny though, that the initial overwhelming scout impression was that CV was lazy predraft. This was why he slipped.

He busts his butt into a contract year and all of a sudden he earns Joe's attention, now he's back to being CG.

Go figure.

Perhaps he will surprise some of us next year.

I'd say he better watch it or he may end up a Clipper...but I think I'd rather play for them right now.

14. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

I wonder if he is putting on all this weight with the idea of being a center? That would make next year a lot more sensible, and might explain why he is working so closely with Ben Wallace. If he could play Center that would free up some minutes for the 4 headed PF monster "Summaxroebko."

Weird how I started the summer hoping for Bosh to solve our problems in the post, and now I'm hoping for a breakout CV season.

15. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

If they try to put Charlie V at center, I will find a way to buy the team and move them to Anchorage.

This guy has the potential to live up to his contract, but he doesn't have the work ethic. At least he's never proven to have it. I suppose he wants to look better while not hitting the boards, taking bad shots, and playing fly swat defense.

16. Brap

Brap Starter

A CV who plays up to his potential is an all-star performer in this league. I'll believe it when I see it, of course, but if what we're hearing about him getting into great shape turns out to be true, he could be very dynamic for us in combination with Monroe on offense.

A CV who reaches those levels still might not provide enough D, but down the road, you can trade a guy like that for value since he has a very reasonable contract.

17. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

It's the muscle between his ears which will dictate where CV fits in this year.

18. armygirl

My nephew doesn't go that way lol.

19. armygirl

Some of you guys are so Benedict Arnold. The only thing I can do is laugh out loud (LOL) at some of your comments.

One day it's hooah, hooah what a great guy, and I swear I can hear the star bangled banner coming from CV's ass (a year ago today mind you).

The next time around a lot of you have done a 180 and its like whoaaaaa. You're making me dizzy here and I am just too old to keep up with your brand of thinking.

If CV goes out and tears it up, I can see it now, wait hold on! its, its, its, (with emphasis) Charlie Villanueva, oh my God he is walking on water.

Now Ernie and TFD I can understand, Mother Theresa, MLK, Ghandi, and the Pope all rolled up into one will get no love from these guys. With these guys, they will probably complain that Mother Theresa wears too many clothes this interferes with her lift, MLK spent too much time marching thereby decreasing his foot speed, Ghandi, is just too much like Villaneuva and the Pope he just needs to spend more time in the gym and less at the Vatican. You can't win with these guys. Don't get me wrong, still love these guys because we've been in this room for awhile bantering and bickering.

I say let's give the guy another year to redeem himself, he may have been more injured than we thought. If after this year there is no improvement, then I can start really, really questioning his abilities and desire to play the game at the level he needs to. You get one free pass from me.

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

blame milwakuee management for it..Piston got a half baked blank...

also in milwaukee he scored enough for them - no pressure for extra work.

in Pistons it only took one year to make clear that CV still has to work on
    every area.

maybe in milwaukee they have an excuse, though: but we do not have so good personal trainer here as joe dumars!

@ armygirl: both ernie and TFD are dissapointed that JoeD has not signed lebron. thats why they constantly complain " but we have nooo suppperstarr here!" :diablo: