1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Boston Celtics Tuesday March 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics

Tuesday March 2

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

It looks like the game will be on NBATV. Wow

5. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

KG finds Sheed's lack of faith disturbing.

7. max

max All-Star

In reality it would take an Earth sized planet about an hour to blow up from a death star blast. It would look like it was happening in slow motion - kind of like the Pistons offensive this year.

Celts lost to the Nets and to the Pistons the last time so you never know. This would be a nice "spoiler" game to have.

8. roscoe36

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Probably my 2 favorite players since the 80's guys stopped playing.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This game is on NBA TV fan night....voted on by the fans last week.....who voted for this celtic at Pistons matchup?

Would the nation be better off with a matchup of the Pacers at lakers??

Warriors @ Heat

Kings @ Thunder??

Yeah the Fans got it right...I guess. Go Pistons!

11. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think this will be a good game. Looking forward to some Kenny "The Pistons have no place contending for the NBA Champisonship" Smith, and Brent Barry comments on where they think our franchise is heading. EJ is always an interesting analyst.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now that's just mean. Sheed's head is no where near that big.

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Go Pistons!

14. roscoe36

True, but can you see any other player in NBA history besides Sheed saying what Walker said when asked why he shoots so many threes?

"Because there are no fours."
    -Antoine Walker

15. roscoe36

16. roscoe36

Charlie Garbage stinking it up in crunch time. Doesn't even bother to lift his feet to get defensive rebounding position.

17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I know he has defensive limitation, but you never know a player unless you see him game after game...however, if he was performing offensively he would not be so offensive.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well for the 19th time this season, the Pistons lose a game where they gave up 100+points. In fact they have only won 3 of the 22 games this year where they gave up 100pts. But when you are only averaging 92 points a game, you are going to get beat a lot and now the Pistons are 3 games shy of finishing under .500 for the second straight year.

The Celtics vets looked weary tonight and were primed for a beating but their bench led by Nate Robinson's 4-5 three point shooting outscrubed the Pistons scrubs and vets in the 4th. The Pistons actually led 75-72 at the end of three, but as per the last three road games, the Pistons faded in the fourth throwing up bricks and playing bad D.

Piston rookie of the Month> Jonas Jereko celebrated his 23rd birthday, leading the team with 16 pts and 10 boards, but no other team mate other than Taynk cared about this one and thats just what they did, taynk another game down the stretch. Taynkshon tried to make it respectable with two late threes, but that didn't make up for his SEVEN TAYKN turnovers.....:yellowprison:

I will give some credit to Daye who dropped in 9 pts in the first half, but with our FA signings going 5-16 and Stuckey going 5-15, and Big Ben just barely grazing the [strike]rim[/strike] backboard on his five free throw misses, we could not hold on to win this one. ......Lets also remember that we were 3-20 from beyond the arc compared to their 9-18. For those keeping score that is 27-9 or a 18 pt differential...

With both the Kings and Warriors losing tonight and the Pacers probable loss to the Lakers later tonight, I guess the word came down from the top to taynk so that we could stay close to the losers in the lottery sweepstakes....

Final ~Celtics 105 ~ Pistons 100

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not a bad game. Coached decently. Nobody had too high minutes. Very little small ball played. Hey, it was not perfect, but look what happened at the end of the game. With Tay's minutes kept down, he made 3 triples in the 2nd half, two of them quite late.

We played Gordon some at point. But we still played Bynum too much anyway. I say until Bynum is fully healthy, just use Gordon as the backup point. Other than that, I got no complaints about this one.

Summers played for just a moment, had a nice defensive play, and sat back down. Daye played plenty, did some scoring for us. He even made an appearance in the 2nd half. Too bad this kind of thing was not happening all season. Better late than never though.

JJ had a solid double double. But he still passes up shots he should not.

Ben just played the good D. Walked off hobbled at the end of the game. I wonder why he shot his free throws when it looked like he could not come back in anyway. We could have used those 2 points. Oh, I said no more complaining. Maybe just a little.

Boston was left open way too much on the perimeter, and knocked down 3's all game long while we were missing 3's all game long. Other than this major 3 point discrepency, we played very well indeed. Too bad Dumars gave away our two best perimeter defense guys for someone who does not play for us at all.

Boston is a pretty good team, so losing to them ain't such a bad thing. A couple more 3's made by us, a couple less by them, and we win this one. I'd say keep doing the same thing the rest of the season and things should go well.

Rip did not hog the ball tonight. That is good to see. Everyone else made some efforts to go inside.

Stuckey just flat out had a bad game. Off balance, whatever. He did especially poorly in crunch time.

20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was going to say we would have been at a disadvantage had he left the game because then Doc Rivers could have picked anyone on our roster to shoot. Then I realized - Ben Wallace is the one Doc Rivers would have WANTED shooting those free throws. :frusty: