vs Boston Celtics Tuesday November 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

It might not have been pretty, or particularly manly (whatever that is), but it'll stick. It's important to be effective. Getting thrown out of a ball game is a one news cycle story because of KG's stature. Charlie doesn't have any stature. He used the "media" to get his story out. Look at all the buzz. Columns being written by national sportswriters. Let me try my hand at writing one:

"Aurora. Read all about it! Read all about it! KG is a insensitive bully who is stupid too, instead of that All-Star alpha male with that hot aggressive drive you've been swooning over for years..." Hey...I GOT THE STORY.

Thanks Charlie. Twitter was the smart move. That's why everyone is so mad about it. If KG can get "outed" for being a "bad person", so can anyone else between the lines or outside of them. Wow it's kind of like being a real person, accountable for your actions and your words.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Jalen Rose claimed, as did most players, that his trash talk was almost always worse than what KG said.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:thumb[1]: :thumb: :thumb[1]: :thumb: :good:
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There are different types of trash talk. Ripping on someone's game is one thing. Making fun of someones' family, race, health, or other personal matter takes it to a different level. People have to be held accountable for what comes out of their mouth. I agree with Aurora and Rascoe. I think it is great that KG got ratted out for being an ass. He is the one that needs to man up.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

How is this even possible? The next step is something in line with taunting a player for having a terminally ill wife or diseased kid. And even if this was one of the tricks up his sleeve there has to be enough players unlucky enough to have personal tragedies of this magnitude to make it possible at all. This exaggeration from his side is just a way to show he is on KG:s side in the same way kids who don't like a movie someone else is praising shows it by saying it was the worst movie they ever saw. I'm calling this bluff! (and I have in fact made a living by playing online poker while studying)
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I can't wait for tonight's game so we can start talking about something else. :rolleyes:
  7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Like how much CAS suck. :MusicBigGrin:
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

When was Charlie V diagnosed with cancer?

Doc Rivers was quoted as saying "Larry Bird said some things to me that really hurt, they still hurt, but you move on.

When I was in HS a guy on my team was taunting twins from our rival HS because their mom killed herself. I'm not saying it is right, just that it happened.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

10. max

max All-Star

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

What is even more interesting about cancergate is that I don't think there was one story in the Detroit papers/MLive that had anything but the Twitter feed in it.

This is in the hometown of the victim and there wasn't one story or column with a direct quote from CCG or his teammates. That doesn't seem right to me. There were other columns written that day, but nothing on such a hot button topic in the city where it supposedly happened.
  12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If I was Charlie, I'd get on the horn With Sam Bernstein and threaten legal action. If Sam's busy make sure the smart looking kid gets it.
  13. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Sam musta had another kid that I've never seen...