vs Chicago Bulls Sunday December 26 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The notion of Stuckey hustling is pretty rich. I don't think there's a player that hustles less than Stuckey on the Pistons.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

On the offensive possession that sent the game into OT it was Stuckey who got the first offensive rebound.

You have no idea I weird I feel right now ..... Me, KGREG defending Rodney Stuckey to You, 2Tough4you :cold:

Stuck has a loooooong way to go, and I really don't think that any team that has this guy as their starting PG will ever make it past the first round of the playoffs, but he's playing the best basketball I've ever seen him play as a PG in a Pistons jersey (although I don't know if that's saying much). He's starting to make better decisions, better passes, he's starting to see the floor (a little bit). Although with that said, you know how foreign immigrants have English as their second language, and while they're talking to you in English it still sounds foreign, that's how Stuckey is as a PG..... he's playing it, but it still looks and feels foreign to him.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Stucky lost this game on the last play. He never even looked to pass. Tayshaun threw up his arms when the Supercollider drove in against three defenders.

Stuckey is a good player. But he lost this game.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I see it as he missed a shot, had he made it NOBODY would be complaining. I saw Tay open too, but it's not like Tay is Mr.Automatic in these situations. I hate Stuckey missed that shot, I wish like heck he knew how to create easy shots for his teammates when defenses collapse on him, but he took a shot he has a decent amount of success with most of the time.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Tay actually threw up his hands as if he was looking for a whistle from the refs. At least thats the impression I got from the play. Tay seemed to be doin that alot tonight.
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey isn't a loser for taking that shot. He's a loser for MISSING it. It's a make or miss league a lot of the times, that's just how it is. Compound the matter by practically making out with Rose after the game, after Stuckey just cost his team a win... like he didn't even care.

The dude's a joke.
  7. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Sometimes you make, sometimes you miss important shots.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey almost always misses big shots. I can count like two big shots he's made in his career... the corner three he made against Boston to pull them within 1 in with the minute left in the 4th quarter in game 5 of the 08 ECFs and the game winning jumper he hit against Philly last year.

That's it.
  9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I like the span in the discussion - one side compares Stuckey to MVP candidate Rose and the other side thinks he's a joke and will be out of the league soon.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I was thinking the same thing Mog.
    I think that Collider is somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.
  11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Exactly right. Tay was looking for the foul call because Rose give Stuck a bump as he was going up for the shot.

Not sure what play some of you are referring to when you say he was going against 3 defenders??

Stuckey backed the ball out on the last play and the defense shifted to the top giving him a clear path to the hoop at the baseline. He took the opening and Rose cut him off late. That is shot that Stuck can make and he just sort armed it.

I'll take that play over a Tay contested jumper any day with time running out.
  12. Delfino Delivers

Because if the roles were reversed; Rose gets that call and goes to the line.

Exactly. You make some and you miss some. The only way he gets better is to take some.

I like the part where Stuckey is getting ripped for playing passive during the game and then shredded for being aggressive and not looking to pass. :pound:

With Rip and Tay on the floor you are probably looking at the only two times that Stuck had a chance to make the winning play. With those two on the floor; the odds of someone else taking the final shot are astonomical. They "always" take the "big" shot since CB left.
  13. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

My take on Stuckey hugging all the opponents like that is him finally coming to terms with the fact that he will not be on the Pistons next year and he is making connections. He might be Rose's backup next year....who knows.

I would only offer Stuckey maybe 5 mil a year to come back and play with us....and it would be with the understanding that he will be the backup point to x draft pick. Having said that, I believe that he has enough of a highlight reel to bluff his way in to a much more lucrative contract from some other team with a terrible GM. So he will be leaving us in my opinion. Will Bynum will start at point next year and get us more ping pong balls.

I figure a couple years of top 5 picks should yield a high value PG, C, or at the very least a trade piece.
  14. Delfino Delivers

I hope this is not the way it plays out.

I am not sure why all the greetings after the game are drawing so much attention? Almost every player in the league does it. To me it is more a sign of respect that each opponent gave their all and appreciated the competition. Like two boxers after a 12 round fight.

There is no hatred in the league anymore. It has been eliminated by the commish.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Stuck will get somewhere between $45-$50 Mill this summer, you can thank the Grizzlies (and the extension they gave Mike Conley) for that.
  16. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If Will Bynum is our starting point next season, I will puke.....
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

No, I see it more like, he doesn't really care if he wins or loses. Does Kobe go around hugging other players after games? No. He's a competitor... Stuckey is the furthest thing from a competitor that you will ever see.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If this is the case, I would wish him the best of luck as he attempts to help the Sacramento Kings win a championship.
  20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Oh, man, you hurt me so, hope that you ain't doing discrimination. :Cry:

BTW, do football players hug opponents a lot after the game ?