vs Dallas Mavericks Sunday November 15 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Dallas Mavericks

Sunday November 15

6:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Well this is going to be the toughest game so far this season, you can make a point that Orlando was, but Pistons always seem to play well against them.

Anyway, Stuck and Will should have no problem driving by Kidd all night, Bengo should score big matching up against Terry,Dampier should be an easy task for Big Ben and Marion has not played as the Mavs would hope so far, JJ will do a good job on him.

But, there is a big problem, Charlie V guarding Dirk, this might be even more uglier than Amir guarding him last year.

A W is possible tough and it could not come at a better time, cause next up is a 4 game road trip against 4 very good West teams.

Lets go Pistons!
  3. SJAndre

SJAndre Second Round Draft Pick

It's going to be a tough match if we put Charlie on Dirk. Then again, ben with have a hard time since Dirk could easily just shoot over him. Let's just hope that Bynumite/BG/ and Stuckey have a dominant game in the back court, and we bang them up on the boards.

I HAVE HOPE. :gun1: :gun1: :gun1:
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

We had a Dirk stopper last year with his own golden locks. Where is he when we need him!!!
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Who knows what the future holds, but Ben in the past has done an unbelievable job on Dirk. He is too strong for Dirk to get his shots off if he crowds him.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Just an FYI guys, no post game show today. Will resume next week.
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Dirk is going to score 52 points.

Detroit's going to win by 4.
  8. roscoe36

9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm pretty angry: instead of routing Pistons, what was reasonable expectation, Dallas gave away this game but two starters did everything not to accept this gift.

Pistons wont get many winnable games from heavy favourites, take those what is offered.

:frusty::deathstar1:
  10. max

max All-Star

Yes, very disappointing. Normally it would be just one of those games but this really could have helped going into the West coast trip.

PG's Stuckey-Bynum did everything they could. 1-16 shooting from Ben Gordon and they got little from the front court reserves.
  11. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Idk I thought it was a valliant effort by a team on a short back to back. To be honest with you I'm not upset at all and I'm glad I get to see a team battle every nite just like the "Goin to Work" squad. I guess some individuals will never be happy with supreme effort even if it results in a tough loss. Of course we'd like to win all 82 games but my friend that is not a reality. Anyway I guess you call this a scheduled loss.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tough loss for the Pistons as pistons leading scorer Ben Gordon had a horrible night shooting 1-16....had he gone 4-16 we may have won this one....

Will thaThrill looks like our 4th qtr go to guy and finished with 27 pts including 13 or so in the 4th qtr.

Stuckey started strong and scored 28 pts but went down with a cramp late in the game.

This is a game we could have won and would have been a nice momentum win to take on the road especially with the first game being at the Staples center vs the Lakers.

The back to back caught up with the Pistons and you could tell in the 4th qtr when the shots started falling short. You got to do what Bynum does and drive to the hoop when your legs are starting feel rubbery...of course you got to see if Bynum will pass you the ball too, because obviously he and Stuckey trusted no one as we finished below our 15 pg assist average with only 12. of course with BenG missing 15 and CV missing 10 shots there were no assists to be generated tonight...
  13. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

man, tough loss, but other than Chuckles and little Ben's shooting I don't really have a lot to complain about. Fun game to watch. Hope Stuckey is alright!
  14. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I agree. I'm not upset at all. Would I have liked to see them win the game? Yes, but like you said you can't win all 82. It was a really good game and a great effort from the Pistons. You can tell this team has heart. Stuckey and Bynum played a great game tonight.
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, tough loss.

The coach will have to find ways to get Gordon off when he is shooting poorly. Dallas scouted the Pistons and they came way out on Gordon forcing him to give it up--to a non-shooting big early on. The Pistons will have to counter this move that will surely come from other teams. The other two guards were great.

A few plays hurt us badly. Daye threw the ball away with 9 seconds left in the 3rd on an inbound. Later, CV passed up a shot and instead threw an interception. Comments: shoot the ball CV (who seemed to rush a couple of other shots late) and being a rookie is no excuse for the inbound play by Daye.

Maxiel actually got into Dirk's head. Coach, reward him and keep him on Dirk. We went back to CV and then Dirk got off.

The Piston defense has some decent rotations. The team left Dirk alone on one key play and overall, the team may be susceptible to tall teams which is not a surprise. Dampier was out tonight--I wanted to see how we defended him while keeping their shooters at bay.

Still, the Bynum/Stuckey/Gordon threat seems to wear the opposition down.

A brutal trip ahead.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is there a better backup PG in the league? Coming off the bench, he led the team in assists, made free throws, steals, +/-, and had 27 points.

The game before this, puts down 20, leads the team in free throws, gets more rebounds than Ben Wallace, and dishes out 6 assists for bunnies to our big men.

Against Philly, he flirts with a triple double in only 28 minutes!

Found money.
  17. roscoe36

Shorthanded, anything less than a 15 point loss is a victory for me. That the Pistons almost beat the Mavs is awesome. The Mavs are a perennial contender, and if you told me a month ago the Pistons would be without Rip and Tay, I would have assured you this game would be a slaughter for Dallas.

Only caught the first half, but this Pistons team is competing.

Super poor night from Gordon, but if we have Rip, he doesn't have to take so many shots. We've got 1/3 of our payroll sitting out. When we get Rip back we will be even tougher. The 3/4 guard attack is our torture chamber to inflict on opponents who simply do not have the sort of depth we do in the backcourt.

Another nice game from Ben. 9,10 and 3 blocks.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm OK with this L... one team has experience (have you ever been experienced?) and the other is an upstart squad with skills.

Working on building a bunker for the upcoming road trip... expecting nothing... while hopefully for the best
    The new guys are getting a fair share of PT (minus Summers) and the rooks are workin' their way in.
    We have to be honest about every single guy on the roster getting some PT... it will never be what some expect.
    The suprise so far is the lack of PT for Wilcox... have to honest I had good expectations for him... maybe this will light a fire under his arse... next years deal is his call, so Joe may be thinking about what's right for the future.... 3 Mil will not make or break the bank either way.

For this year, Less expectations will lead to less frustration.

A great game by WB & RS... Gordon is the least of our concerns.

Liking coach Q so far... timely rotations... they'll respond to a coach that gets it.
  19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Nicely expressed.
  20. max

max All-Star

Thanks all. I feel better about the loss after reading some of the posts.

Still should have had this one though. Dallas is a little less premier than they used to be, especially on the road and w/o Howard.