vs Indiana Pacers Friday January 22 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Indiana Pacers

Friday January 22

8:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I can't believe there isn't more talk about this game. I bet this game will be the only topic discussed on PTI today.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

What's to say? Anyone have a doubt that we'll follow the great victory against Celtics with a major flop?

Man, I have a bad feeling about this game.

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

From 2003-2006, Pistons/Pacers were hands down my favorite games to watch.

5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree linwood. Those were some of the most heated games that I saw since the Knicks-Heat rivalry. Great games, just fantastic. Both teams play great basketball. Wow.

6. Brap

Brap Starter

Tayshaun Prince back in starting lineup tonight for Pistons

By Chris Iott

January 22, 2010, 6:47PM

AUBURN HILLS -- Tayshaun Prince will start tonight against the Indiana Pacers, but it is unclear how much playing time he will see.

"I've got something in mind," Pistons coach John Kuester said when asked how many minutes Prince would play. "We'll monitor his minutes."

Prince has been dealing with a sore left knee after battling a back injury that kept him out for a long stretch early in the season.

Chris Wilcox will start at the other forward position, which means Jonas Jerebko will come off the bench.

Ben Gordon (groin) and Will Bynum (left ankle) will not play.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why do the Pistons have to start players coming off of long injuries?? Couldn't Tay just come in off the bench and give it go?? Seems that our coaches always have to give in to egos??? But then again..Tay probably could care less.... if he plays more than 25 minutes tonight coach Q and Arne need to have their heads examined...

8. Brap

Brap Starter

The only good I can make of this is that this can showcase Tay. With Rip and Stuckey, Tay can show up as a healthy complimentary piece to remind other GM's of his value.

Otherwise, I hate it.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Showcase how he can play 25 mpg once every 9 games?

10. Brap

Brap Starter

Yeah, and hopefully it's a great game during that 1 time in 9 games.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Brap, welcome to PF.com. Dunno if the welcome mat was rolled out yet. You fit like an old shoe, and I'm happy you are here. I bumped your account up to reg+ so you can set a custom avatar if you want. Keep up the good posts. Much appreciated!

Chat izzzzzz OPEN!!!!!

http://www.pistonsforum.com/playoff-chat/

:)

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

sorry...will be watching HOPE FOR HAITI tonight. Maybe u can remind people to make a donation at each timeout.

13. Brap

Brap Starter

Absolutely awful D being played. Tay coming back and the team concepts totally fall apart, and the energy is.... ok there is no energy from our team. Damn, I hate it when Tay plays. Add that to the fact that nobody but Rip is hitting shots - and yechhhh. Down 16 with about 8:30 left in the second quarter.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The MOST URGENT improvement Stuckey needs to add to his game is putting a friggin' hand up when someone's shooting. His perimeter D is atrocious.

15. Brap

Brap Starter

Tay just slows everything down when he's out there -- absolutely zero pace.

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Very moving show. I am so enjoying it. Mary J, Stevie, and Bono stand out so far for me.

17. Brap

Brap Starter

We are totally unwatchable whenever Tay plays. That keeps happening whenever he's available to play.

Absolute dog of a game by everyone except the rookies.

And Rip sucked - I could care less what his stat line showed. He was awful with his turnovers, and sucking the life out of the ball. The ball stopped here, everytime he got his mitts on it.

Finally, Stuckey absolutely positively cannot defer to Rip and Tay and be effective. He just has to assert himself. Tonight, he didn't. But he really needs to learn that lesson. He's the leader of the team - and when he doesn't play that way, then we're dead in the water.

18. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

This team played like they had nothing against of getting John Wall.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bad coaching. Bad decisions by the coach. And more bad decisions by the coach. First, Wilcox is injured and not playing well. He played way too long in this one. What good did that do. 2nd, what possible good is adding an injured Tay to the rotation while removing Daye. Subtraction by addition.

Next, insulting JJ, or is Tay starting sacred? I say they insulted JJ badly letting a guy not prepared to play much get a start over him. Sure, it was just 4 minutes to open each half, but did we really need the turmoil of trying to reintroduce a player comimg off an injury. Why not use Tay, as limited as he was, as an asset, playing him just a little off the bench?

Finally, look, the last two games, we came out with Ben Wallace and JMAX up front and did fantastic in the 3rd quarter. But tonight, we march out bad back Tay and bad back Wilcox to start a disastrous 3rd quarter. Why does Kuester hate success?

The coaching was pure trash. Worse, with Rip hitting all those shots, and he did get 28 points tonight, man do we ever look like a whimpy jump shooting team. We did get lots of offensive boards to make us look a bit less whimpy, but hey, Rip has to go if that is what we become when he plays.

We did manage a run, with Atkins at the point, in the 2nd quarter to narrow a huge deficit down to just 6 at one point. Unfortunately, such gutsy effort was totally negated by a coach who can't coach.

Of note, Summers came out and hit a jumper in garbage time. Again showing he can shoot. If we play the guy. And with CV playing poorly tonight - why not give Summers a shot at some of his time - before it gets to garbage time.

Total frustration knowing this coach only knows how to find negatives out of anyone getting back healthy enough to play. A game like this is where Dumars should just step in and hire a new coach. Horribe to lose to Indiana at home, and directly from bad coaching.

Can't think of much else to write at the moment. Oh, Ben Wallace sure has added an actual useful offensive tool to his skills with that reverse layup post move. JJ, although he came in the game early enough, certainly was not having plays run for him. Credit ball hog Rip for that I suppose. And CV came in to miss a bunch of shots not too much later.

Although Tay did seem to loosen up a bit from his injuries there in that late 2nd quarter run, his defensive ability is running at maybe 50%. Not ready to play really.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I like your writeup a lot. Thanks.