vs Miami Tuesday October 5th 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'October 2010' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Brap

Brap Starter

Re: PISTONS V HEAT

You'd never know this was game 40 of the season. It looks like we're playing our first exhibition game out there tonight. Yecchhhh.

Can I just say that LeBron is either the biggest genetic freak of all-time, or he's the biggest steroid user of all time. Man he's just astonishingly great. There is no team in the league who can play this racehorse team if they're out on the break.

Impressions of the Pistons: I'm trying to find something/anything I like tonight. Maybe Tay and Bynum. Aside from that, we look ungodly awful in the 1st half.

Now that all said - it's the first half of the first exhibition game, and Lebron will make any team that isn't playing in sync, pay big time. So everyone get a gigantic grain of salt and take this performance with that in mind.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was quoting someone else.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

oh my god it's halftime of the first preseason game and we're down 20. might as well not watch the remaining preseason games and 82 regular season games. it's over!!

:D
  4. BillLaimbeer

I was thinking the same thing.
  5. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Sooooooo very bitter.....the only good I see tonight is coming from Prince whom everyone wants to have traded. Bynum has had a couple good moves....and then *crickets*. It appears as though Lee's evaluations of our team situation are remarkably accurate.

CV can't guard Bosh or players of his size so even the announcers mentioned that he should be at the 3....along with Daye, Tay, JJ, and TMac... We don't have anyone that can play the 4 and 5 aside from two undersized players in Max and Wallace.

Granted they had one week to prepare for this preseason game and it is the first of the season but I just don't know if I can watch another season similar to last season's failings. Watching the Pistons try to run their plays is agony....they keep tossing it to the opposite corner where the man AND his defender haven't moved for the first 20 seconds of the shot clock and somehow expect that he will magically be open? All the players on the team were creating movement on the other end of the floor.....I am no basketball guru but I would think that there should be an open shot somewhere on the side of the floor with all the ball movement with opportunity to get mismatches and picks.

Those with more basketball IQ than I can chime in on this question. Is it Q's fault that the plays are not creating opportunities or is it the fault of the players for not performing them correctly? Do you guys understand what Q is trying to make happen....and I just fail to see where we should be succeeding?
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

don't show this to mike illitch for god's sake!
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

exactically!!! jiminy crickets!!
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This looks bad but don't jump to conclusions after half a preseason game. Timberwolves won't be better than the Lakers this year.
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think anyone's calling it a wrap.

Laugh if you want, but you can still see if guys look good or not. If guys are playing well or not. It's not like they haven't touched a basketball since last April.
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

So far, it's going a lot better in the 2nd half (about 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter). We look a lot more balanced with CV in there (moving well by the way) for JJ. I'm a big JJ guy, but we just aren't going to look good IMO if Ben Wallace isn't paired with a really top offensive PF.

I also like us better with Gordon in the lineup than with Rip.

Tay's playing great.

Rebounding - not so good.
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

wow...just saw the worst play of the night...trapped a guy till he fell out of bounds...he throws a wild pass...ball goes between the legs of two pistons with butter fingers and MIA gets a layup...Good Night.
  12. pgrnpacer

4 pistons in the paint and not one of them could box out bosh as he tips in a missed three pointer from a literally wide open uncontested three point shot?............................oh..and there wasn't a white Miami jersey ANYWHERE near the paint.
  13. pgrnpacer

Another ball through the legs of CV. Kwame? That you?

Edit: I am being very very negative....I am going to stop posting for the night. Sorry all.
  14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

the thing is: in miami roles have been settled - lebron runs the show and others only have to follow; in pistons nothing, I mean, absolutey nothing has been written to the stone.
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

Daye continues to make a case to force him into the lineup. Problem for him: Tay looks like our best player again.

Solution: trade Rip, and have Daye play backup SG and start Bengo.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Prince is actually +4 even though major minutes. Obv the only one with positive numbers.
  17. Brap

Brap Starter

Intriguing lineup out there right now: Bynum, Gordon, Monroe, Daye - when you put Daye and Gordon out there with Bynum, you really stretch the floor. Monroe is making some really nice passes out there with this group. (I'm blanking on who the 5th guy is with those 4).
  18. Brap

Brap Starter

When Daye and Monroe are in there together, I just don't think you'll need a true PG. I love Daye's game - and Monroe is having a fine second half. The stats won't show it, but they've been feeding their teammates really beautifully - guys just aren't converting some gimmes.

Here's the thing - if Daye is in at SG, we look like a much bigger team. I still think we need a great defensive PF. Maybe JJ can ultimately fill the bill.

But I'd like to build this team around Stuckey/Bynum Daye and Monroe.
  19. Brap

Brap Starter

Good - Daye, Monroe (for his first game - he's got serious skill, but he's a rookie so it'll be a learning curve), Tay, Gordon, Bynum

Bad - Stuckey (and I'm a big Stuckey guy).

I think Stuckey and Bynum will be all we need at PG - because we can run the offense great through Daye and Monroe. With big time 3 pt shooters (fold in Gordon and CV) STuck and Bynum will have a field day getting to the room as the floor is spread.

We must must must address our team D, and I still think we've got to make a move for a monster PF.
  20. BillLaimbeer

Final thoughts:

Monroe had the best performance of the Pistons.
    Daye looked pretty good.
    Prince was solid.
    T-Mac wasn't bad. He was just invisible.
    Not many positives from this game.
    It should be a long season.