1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Minnesota Timberwolves Wednesday March 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Minnesota Timberwolves

Wednesday March 2

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: WWJ 950 AM

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Quote of the day:

Good luck with that. Tweet about how that works out for you Chaz.

source

3. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

George and Greg just checked into the beautiful palace by having the lovely Sharon Johnson, Mickey York's mother-in-law, scan their tickets.

It's telecast night at the Palace!

PF.com chat?

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are these the worst two defenses in the league? Both teams shooting over 53% and the Pistons already have 20 assists, but they can't stop the Wolves..

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

In the Pistons defense, Minnesota is knocking down a lot of 3's, beyond their typical percentage for sure. On the other hand, the Pistons total lack of commitment to put a hand up out on the perimeter is horrid.

By the way, as usual, Kuester used the same starters as last game. So much for all positions being up for grabs. And no Summers in the game. Pointless small ball yes, Summers no.

6. LA Dre

Definitely these guys never put a hand up on any shot outside 10 feet from the hoop...they dare the opposing shooter to make it...and how come they don't know how to finish or dunk at the rim?

7. LA Dre

[STRIKE] We[/STRIKE] they lost to a team that had only won 4 road games all year....a team that had the second worst record in the league...a team where their yunguns, beat our yunguns....even Bill Laimbeer was embarrassed for the Piston performance.

I mean they hung with them for awhile and were only down 3 at the end of three, but once the 4th started it was almost a redux of last night as they scored only 8 pts in the first 8 mins (last night it was 6pts in the first 8 mins).

Rip came into the 4th quarter shooting 4 out of 5, and then proceeded to miss 4 straight shots and finished 5-12 from the field. Not to be out done between the 3rd and 4th qtr , Daye missed at least four treys in a row, but still finished with a team high 22 pts.

Pistons shot 53% in the first half but a paltry 35% in the second half, and that was because they decided to turn it into three ball contest where they were only 5 of 25 from beyond the arc. In fact during one stretch in the 4th, for every long Piston miss, the Twolves got a bucket on the other end. They had 20 assists in the first half and 9 in the second half.

KLove did his usual thing getting another 20-20 with little effort and the Pistons created another all star for a day in some scrub by the name of Lazar Hayward who scored 16 pts and regenerated the career of recently acquired Anthony Randolph, who grabbed 19-10....Hate to say it, but boy did they miss TMac and Big Ben in this game.

forget about playoffs....taynking is in full effect:yellowprison:

By the way Darko missed practice and the game....staying home to see the birth if his second child.....Darko is a father???

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My bad guys. I completely missed chat for this one. I worked straight through it. Really sorry.

Will be back next game for sure.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'll only give one player a pass on playing defense without using a hand up, and a hand to the side to interfere a bit with passes - Rodman. Even he should have done better with his hands, but hey, he was so good at moving his feet he was already the best - and how can you possibly say much about the best. It seems the Pistons are "too cool" to play proper defense. Now mind you, we have players who play proper defense - so I guess next time I will take the time to look at the tape and see just who forget to put a hand up as they challenged a shot. Oh, thats right, I quit taping the games.

10. Walter

We have players capable of playing defense, but are just disinterested. Watching all the games this year, every player we have with the exception of CV and TMac is capable of playing serviceable defense. However, the only ones that consistently try to play defense are Monroe, Daye and Summers. Everybody else just mails it in on the defensive end.

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought Stuckey did a really nice job running the point. He did not force his offense especially when the Pistons were struggling to score late and he kept his head up.

He had an awesome quote that they showed during the game when he was asked about the Pistons running more saying something like, "We got some young guys on the team now. We used to be known for grinding it out in the half court and playing tough D (read: when they were good). We don't really do that anymore. We like to get out and run. (They've got a bottom 10 offense in the L!)"

I don't think I've ever seen a team shoot as well as the Wolves while simultaneously shooting as many air balls as they did.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We have the 2nd slowest pace in the league.

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I disagree with the notion of Stuckey mailing it defensively. He is at worst, our second best perimeter defender.

14. Walter

...if he feels like it. He's certainly capable of playing good defense but rarely does it consistently throughout an entire game. He doesn't fight through screens and almost never challenges shooters. But, there's no reason to single him out; this is a problem for the entire team.

15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I see Stuckey "fighting" through screens, he just gets his big body hung up on them and has trouble going around them. If he goes under the screen that's probably what the coach is telling him to do.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's the part of defense people ignore. In the NBA very few players have the ability to play lock down defense. It takes 5, especially when 75% of NBA offensive plays are about a ball screen. It takes (a total team) effort to show, recover, rotate and recover again. NOBODY is doing it. I'll even acknowledge that Stuckey is our best perimeter defender, but that explains our problem more than it lauds his defensive ability.

17. LA Dre

The result of this game must have really hit rock bottom and turned Piston fan off when you see there were only 16 responses/posts compared the Milwaukee game the night before when there were 80...:confused: