1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Washington Wizards Sunday March 6 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

We've got the putrid Washington Bullets and their 1-28 road record coming into The Palace tonight! Our Detroit Pistons are 5.5 games behind the dastardly Pacers of Indiana for the #8 spot in the playoffs. At this point a loss probably helps the Pistons more than a win which can only mean one thing.

I expect a yuge game, Y-U-G-E game, from Charlie Garbage.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I really really needed Austin Daye to continue being the starter for this Sunday game for my fantasy team today and of course Prince is in the starting lineup. Boo Hiss. Why does his back have to get better today! Harumphf.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Washington. Bad coaching. Bad players. We won, but we might as well have been playing a highschool team. At least we won though, and hey, believe it or not, we gained ground in the playoff race by just winning one of our last 3.

Ok 3 tough games on a West coast trip. We have to win 2 of them, and I think we got this.

This TMAC not playing thing - getting to be a bigger story by the day. What is up with that?

Stuckey did great getting to the hoop, and getting to the line. I don't remember him taking any outside shots. Tay did very well his frist game back, Rip seemed to have some shooting touch again. Gordon shot well. Monroe got points here and there. Lots of passing tonight. JMAX played the D. CV hit shots, played no D at all. Daye made plenty of shots. Wilcox? He was out there. Still not great on moving on D

Ben Wallace is still tending to the passing of his brother. Still no word on when White will actually start his rehab assignment - or at least I have heard nothing. JJ, probably out until next year - even if he is healed, he will not be conditioned to play hoops for a long time. Summers did not play.

Oh, and we did not have the same starting 5. We went backwards and put Tay in to start.

The Pistons led most of the way, sometimes just barely, sometimes by 12.

Worst aspect of the game - a tie between the non-existent defense from guys like Wilcox and CV up front or the diminutive Will Bynum looking totally out of place amongst the trees.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons avoid sinking to the Cavs level (but not far from it) by beating the 1 and 28 road Wizards at the palace.

Tay returns from oblivion to score 20 pts . Still another CD-DNP for Tay unless he still has stomach ailments. I am thinking that Q saw him as the one leading the so called laughing incident and he is being doghouse punished for it.

Good showing from Stuckey, Daye and Charlie V.

Only issue I saw was the home team getting beat up in the paint and getting out shot at the FT line 34-14...what happen to home cooking?? John Wall had 12 pts from the FT line to match the Pistons team total. Guess our guys decided it was jump shot night with Blatche and McGee in there waiting to swat away their shots.

In the end we killed them on the boards and 8 Piston players dished out a total of 29 assists.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Stuckey was AWESOME in tonights scrimmage! Played efficient, under control, moved the rock and controlled tempo. Tonight he looked as comfotable at the point as I've ever seen him. Daye actually used his height advantage a few times tonight and we executed late in the 4th qtr!!!!!!!! If this was all against a real NBA team I'd be pumped, but it was the Wiz........at home. But hey maybe this can be that spark that has been alluding this team for the last 3 seasons. Oh and one last thing, I REALLY hate having Rip Gordon instead Arron Afflalo, I feel like a dude that got dumped and just can't move on.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why didn't we trade T-Mac to a contender for a draft pick or two?

Funny game with SAS vs the Lakers: SAS had 4 starters who ended up scoring 1, 2, 6, and 6 points each. That's anemic. They got Ron Artested.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Guess Joe was handcuffed...I thought the Knicks wanted to take another stab at him before they got C-Bill and Melo. They are still short a player or two since they have been punked twice by the Cavs since the trade...

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I have no idea on this one TaS.

I've been making this suggestion and getting shot-down all season long. Maybe one of the "T-Mac is our PG of the future" crowd can shed some light on this for us.

11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I honestly think it comes down to numbers.... no matter how much some folks here claim you can play 12 players real mins in a real game situation it just doesn't happen in the league.

Stuckey is playing alot better at the 1, don't we need to know if he can play the 1 going forward or not? big decisions need to be made about paying him next year and going beyond.

T-mac got all his mins at the expense of playing Bynum and/or Rip, we look like were stuck with him for the near future and are paying him a butt load of money. He has to play.

Its the same reason that Max is playing right now, its because Ben's away attending to his family, when he comes back one of our bigs is going to have to sit.

My question is though... is this a case again of no communication between coach and player, or is it a case of the coach telling the player and the player playing stupid to the media.

12. BallDon'tLie

Tracy McGrady is/never was a long-term solution for the Detroit Pistons. It was a good "value" signing by Joe that has been squandered now that the deadline has passed and we have nothing to show for him.

Tracy McGrady was NEVER EVER going to be a Piston beyond this season and he should have been traded for a pick or a player.

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

But it takes two sides to want a trade... Unless I missed it I didn't see any teams beating down our doors for him. Unless it was part of a bigger trade we would have gotten at best a late 2nd round draft pick how is that going to help us? All we talk about is how terrible Joe has been for collecting 2nd round draft picks?

No late round 2nd round draft pick is going to turn around this team next year.

I just think we are getting really crazy nuts in what we expect / want... were begging/demanding for things that we have complained about getting in the past.

I really wish being the GM was as easy as folks on this forum have decided it is... it takes two sides to make a trade, and even then it doesn't work (aka the rip to Cleveland trade)

I am as frustrated as the rest of the fans here, but guys if it was as easy a fix as folks think every team would be 82-0 and win the championship ever year.... ohh wait not every team can win all there games?.... just saying....

14. BallDon'tLie

Don't get me wrong round, I never for a minute thought that we'd be "turning the franchise around" with a trade for Tracy. But a late 1st round pick or even a 2nd rounder for a player who isn't going to re-sign with us anyway could have been had.

The dude is making the vet minimum and proved that he could help contender this year. I find it [STRIKE]hard[/STRIKE] impossible to believe that Joe could have aquired some kind of asset for him.

...And yeah, I was one of those dudes who was laughing at Joe for aquiring 2nd round picks and filling-out the rosters of Euroleague teams but our situation is much different now. We need every available asset that we can get to try and correct this mess of a roster.

15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I agree with you. this black and white attitude in this forum is for me quite irritating.

make "right" decisions, play X player now, wait this X player missed 3 shots in a row, yeah, stupid, stupid coach, it was wrong substitution, oh wait coach why do not develope this X player in the right way?

16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

To Joe's credit, I don't ever remember any example of a player being signed for the vet minimum being moved as the centerpiece of a trade in that same season. Especially for any kind of asset. Usually they just get cut and go elsewhere.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I could understand keeping him if we were going to play him and somehow thought that he might sign on for below his market value next year and beyond.

But to hog a veteran player who is expiring and outplaying his league minimum salary when you're clearly missing the playoffs seems short signted. Also, to then bench him for the remainder of the season seems even stupider. Now he's good as gone after the season ends and we proved that it's probably a bad idea to go to Detroit if you're looking to redeem yourself.

He's been an ideal veteran player all season and he's in the dog house because he's part of the 50% of the team that doesn't respect the coach. Even more reason to trade him... unless you're so out of touch with your organization that you don't realize that there was trouble.

18. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm guessing that perhaps he wasn't ideal - and that he might have been a leader of the mutiny.

But I argued all season long that we should trade him at the trade deadline. I can't believe he wouldn't have been a nice addition to any contender. I guess I was wrong. I refuse to believe Joe turned down anything good for him.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We could have picked up a first round draft pick by trading Tay for Caron Butler (both are expirings).

We probably could have picked up a late first rounder by trading TMac.

With 2 late first rounders and our soon to be high first rounder, you'd think that we could have either sweetened the pot to get rid of Rip, Gordon, or Villanueva (ie undo Joe's mistakes), or traded up in the draft.

These are essentially free picks that we are turning down. If you're not going to use them, they are at least currency. What would Blago have done?

20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Think that here I'm far enough from Detroit and got no idea what's happening over there.
    Good for Tmac to sit out this season because he's already proven that he has games and healthy enough to help a contender next year with an appropriate contract so why risk to play out the season ? The league'd assigned a non-factor team, like us, a mission to offer places and games for them to evaluate his rehabilitation and the mission's completed.
    Always love to imagine what's behind the scene I am, lol. :)