Walter Sharpe is the 1st pick---DJW traded

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Ozarkruffrider, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

Of all of those players, the only one that may have made the difference and made us champs last year would be Josh Smith. We still have Sheed and can still trade him for a high pick or another proven player.

I'm not saying Sheed was free, but I am saying it was an absolute no brainer at that time and now.

2. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Walter Sharpe is a true sleeper. Eheh. :yawn: I think everyone is going to like this pick after we see him play in the summer league. He's not going to take this opportunity fore granted. Our SL starting 5 seems like it will be Stuck/Afflalo/Sharpe/Johnson/Plaisted. Probably going to be the worst 3pt shooting team there.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Samb will play over Plaisted.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'd like to propose that from now on, we refer to Walter Sharpe as: "Narco" (short for narcolepsy)

My reasoning is that it sounds just like Darko & I can't recall people being this upset with a draft pick since DMC.

5. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Forgot about Samb.

EDIT: Scratch what I said about not being a good 3pt shooting team. Again, forgot about Samb.

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Oh that's it! Narco.

7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's not nice to call someone by the name of the illness that they have.
    Also, we were complaining about too many 3-pointers, now we're complaining about not enough 3-point shooters on summer league?

Have a nice day.

:hoops:

8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am with you Dre. I thought CDR was ours then Joe D. pulls this crap. These guy's Joe D drafted can't help us win now and won't make the team. We no longer have the luxury of stock piling guy's for future potential. Our championship window is closed after next season. I will say this again THE CHAMPIONSHIP WINDOW IS CLOSED AFTER NEXT SEASON. It is now or never. I am growing frustrated with the Pistons organization because they seem to just want to tread water and don't seem to want to do what is needed to win now. What is wrong with bringing in guy's that can push starters for playing time? Why not move up in the draft to get an impact player? I think it was New Orleans that sold their 20th pick for cash. Why is not Joe D. getting on the phone buying draft picks to get us some young talent? This trade move was nothing more than a cheap way of getting out of a guaranteed contract. A contract I might add that can be used as filler in a trade. That is one of the reasons we couldn't make any deals the last couple of season's because we didn't have enough contracts to go get a Pau Gasol or some of the other players on the trading block.

I don't see a big trade coming people. Mike Miller traded, Richard Jefferson traded, O'Neal traded. Not many impact players left. You have Brand and Melo out there maybe, but do we have to give up too much to get them? Who really wants a injury prone T-Mac?

I think this team is going to come back basically the same.

9. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

Then we would be complaining that they sold it for cash...

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Joe says he can play, then I buy in. All you guys yelling for CDR, give it a rest, we have AA, who fits this team like a hand to a glove. I do not buy into drafting hometown heroes, it's too much pressure, and too many bad influences close to the guys. It would be Charles Rogers all over again, or Mateen. CDR would not have made the difference between us and a ring next season. None of us have seen Sharpe play, Joe has. Armygirl also has an eyewitness to confirm what Joe says. Let's just wait and see. Joe has PROVEN that he knows how to draft deep and find a sleeper, this time LITERALLY!!!!!!!

11. mikhail1973

Exactly my point.

12. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

]True Blue Pistons

Please Sharpe, don't fail us.

13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

So CDR would have been the player to get us over the top and get us our Championship? You sound like Joe passed on LBJ; not a player that is worse than Amir.

14. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Who is this Lottery type player you speak of? We alreday have a bench full of players that we are trying to give playing time. If you draft the big name (or hyped) and he gets frustrated by lack of playing time you have wasted time and money.

Joe went with a guy that has the talent he was looking for and a chip on his shoulder with something to prove. We don't want anymore prima donnas; we need work horses!!

15. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

heh, anyone else thing sharpe might be secretly pissed that Joe D basically clowned him out of a couple million dollars with the difference between a 1st round contract and a 2nd round?

Just sayin'...I know I'd be thinking about it.

Excited to see him play!

16. mikhail1973

Yep. Nothing else needs to be said here.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was talking about Bill Walker. Had he not recently hurt his knee he would have been selected much higher and plays a position where DET is lacking.

I am not sure what type of chip the guys have on their shoulders when the reason they were selected is because they agreed that it wouldn't bother them to not make the team. Now that is a killer instinct.

18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think Bill Walker could have a Michael Redd-like career in terms of people scratching their heads 3 years down the line asking how did that happen?

Both guys are the swing for the fences type of sleeper picks for different reasons. However, Dumars and his staff saw something in Sharpe to notch him ahead of Walker. This is despite the lack of game experience. That's one impressive workout!

Our focus this year development-wise will be Amir and Afflalo.

19. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

No one is saying CDR is the savior simply that he played on a championship team and put up good numbers and brings something this team lacks a wing guy that slashes to the basket. Also I think he is alot more battle tested and played against stiffer competition than a guy that played only 18 games and had a so called "good work out" with the Pistons. We have heard that line before.

I guess it is no use complaining about it now. We will see what happens. I wish these draft picks the best and hope they come here and work hard.

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i added what youtube links i could find to the first post.