Want to remake my roster in Novice League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Dec 5, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

All sub .500 teams, I will trade players for a somewhat reasonable offer.

Players I am looking to move

Jason Richardson
    Baron Davis
    Nenad Krstic
    Mo Peterson
    Larry Hughes
    possibly others

I will trade for quality injured players or players with injury concerns.

I want to remake my roster to compete in different categories, and help maintain some competitive balance in the league.

Above .500 teams, you better bring a good offer. I'm not interested in feeding the rich.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ha Ha. Feeding the rich? The only thing you're feeding us is a line! Are you trying to make us regurgitate with those losers you are offering?
    Good luck on your :fish2: expedition trying to catch a big one (like Shaq).:laugh: :P
  3. roscoe36

My roster = 3X your roster. I've got 4 guys in the top 12. Your best player starts at 13th position.

I'm willing to give up top 75 players. BDiddy and JRich are top 15 players. Hughes is top 60 and coming on.

Don't read too much into this. I do the stats each week. My team is top 1 or 2 now. I'm willing to take a step back and make this challenging.
  4. Darth Tater

LOL. Whaaat? Are you telling me Dwyane Wade and Gilbert Arenas are NOT top 10 players in fantasy leagues? What list are you looking at anyhow? You better get some eyeglasses...I think you are reading your list upside down!!

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=bf-bigboard-basketball&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/nba

(That list is dated December 2, 2005).

You better come with more than that if you wanna talk smack with me.:boink:Your smack is almost as sorry as those guys you put up for fire sale.

My team beat your team 5-4...how soon we forget. :boxing:

My team is probably #3 right now, far behind Webzie and right on your tail . I'd be up on ya in the standings too if Webz didn't spank me so soundly. (My guys happened to take a week off when playing the best team).

Now put down that crack pipe and go pick up a couple of free agents to help that sorry arse squad of yours. I think Darko is available. :laugh:
  5. roscoe36

The reason why you are not top 3 is that you are not looking at CURRENT rankings. I don't care what some prognosticator thought in the offseason, I'm talking about results and value. Look at how many of your guys are underachieving from their original rankings...

Anyway, looks like you want a trash talk battle. That's not why I started this thread. You think your roster is great? Ignorance is bliss.
  6. Darth Tater

My list is dated 12-2-05. Quite recent and not pre-season.

Yeesh...taking this fantasy stuff a bit seriously, dontcha think? I thought it was for fun? Go ahead and make your deals. I really could care less.
  7. roscoe36

That's not a performance list. Read the fine print. Then check the attachments on this post.

Not at all man, you are the one who came hard. I'm tempted to make no trades and show you a thing or two in our next matchup. :eyebrows:

Attached Files:

8. Darth Tater

I'm still slightly better using YOUR performance list. You take a drop at your number 4

My top guys are numbers 6, 11, 16, & 19

Your top guys are numbers 4, 13, 15, & 27
  9. roscoe36

Don't look at O-Rank. That was before the season started (original rank).

Look at Season, last month etc. I don't like to evaluate players based on one week performance. Those are what the guys are actually doing.
  10. Darth Tater

No No No...THIS is what they are actually doing: :nod:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/135936/schedule?week=1

You got nuthin to say until you redeem yourself from the week one whooping!
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

As the current holder of Shaq's contract, I may be interested. I am struggling right now, and I could use a few more of everything...

Micro, I'm not sure I am ready to trade Shaq right now, but I have a few other players I might be willing to give up. What areas are you looking to improve?

Look over my roster and let me know.
  12. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Wow, Micro aren't we gettin cocky? lmao!

Mr. "I'll make some trades to make this more competitive"! LMAO!

It's a long season dude. Alot can happen to even the playing field. :)

By the way fellas....what you need to be looking at is AVERAGE stats not TOTALS. Go to the players section and sort by AVERAGE to see whats really going on. TOTALS can be misleading as a player who has played 10 games versus 20 may seem less dominant, but may in fact actually be more productive per game. TOTALS do not take into account injuries my friends.

It is also important to mention that O-Rank does not stand for "Original" but "Overall" ranking.

According to Yahoo:

"O-Rank = Player's overall Yahoo! Sports ranking (based on current and prior seasons)."

So based on your fantasy studs I see:

Tater -
    Arenas ~ Ovr - 11 Avg - 15
    Wade ~ Ovr - 6 Avg - 18
    Peja ~ Ovr - 16 Avg - 22
    Gasol ~ Ovr - 33 Avg - 42
    Bibby ~ Ovr - 19 Avg - 44

Micro -
    Dirk ~ Ovr - 4 Avg - 8
    Kidd ~ Ovr - 13 Avg - 11
    B. Davis ~ Ovr - 15 Avg - 19
    Richardson ~ Ovr - 36 Avg - 25
    R. Davis ~ Ovr - 98 Avg - 27

So basically Micro's top players have performed better this year, but Tater's guys have more "projected" potential based on Yahoo's rankings.

Hope this settles things. lol!

:fencing:
  13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Motown aka "Jerry Springer" :)

By the way, if Tater won the first battle, then he's right. He technically has the braggin' rights regardless of what the stats show. Advantage Tater!
  14. Darth Tater

LOL!

Wooo hoooo ...WTG Motown. I knew I could count on you to talk some sense into this guy.After all, you are the commish in the EXPERT league and we are just novices anyhow, so you can decide all future disputes between us. :humble:<---- Motown

:first: <---- Tater :second:<----- Micro

Ha HA Nuke. You LOSE!
  15. roscoe36

I think both of you missed the boat. I'm not trying to demolish everyone. I'm willing to make trades to genuinely make the league more competitive and give everyone a chance to have success.

With some newbies and a couple people who have played before, the autodraft kinda hurt folks and set some people way back.

Like I said, if you want to make a trade and you're under .500, I am willing to listen to relatively reasonable offers. If you are over .500 and kicking butt, I'm going to make you really work for a trade if you want one of my good players.

It's a different paradigm between an experienced league and a league with people who are playing casually without any experience. Not everyone is cut throat. Heck, if I'm in last place and some guy is talking trash, I'm like, "screw this, I don't like this fantasy bball stuff".

You feel me?

Anyone who wants to make a trade, contact me by PM. This thread is getting unproductive. Linwood, I'll drop you a line tonight.
  16. Darth Tater

It's all in fun. Besides, I haven't seen anyone talk any smack to teams that are struggling right now.

That auto draft was a killer, and if you'll notice, the teams that are doing well pretty much had the top 4 picks. It's mostly luck, if you ask me.

Sorry for messing up your thread to balance the league with trades. I was just trying to have some lighthearted fun with this.
  17. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Go Motown! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I think Micro's team has redeemed itself from that early loss to Tater and then some. But you still have to respect the W from Tater at the time.

I think quite a few of Micro's players are having career years thus far.
    Pachulia, R.Davis, Krstic, J.Rich, Hughes

I'm interested to see if they can continue their hot play right throughout the season.
  18. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

My team is going to go under a major change as well. I have a great All-Star team, but not good Fantasy team.

**However, Lebron James will take a couple of Good Players. Also, Micro what do you think of BoozeR?