Was Tim Duncan almost traded for Greg Oden?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 4, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Meant to post this yesterday.

Monday Bullets

Btw, Jason Quick is a decent beat writer. Edgy but informed. I wish we had a reporter like that in this market.

2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Abbott is implying the rumor's about Duncan, but it would make more sense if the player is Kobe. Despite the age difference, it's hard to imagine the Spurs giving up Duncan for anybody.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Sounds more like something Cuban would do....."was it dark and foggy enough". Actually, it makes sense to broom Koby for the top pick.

4. tosher

tosher Second Round Draft Pick

There are a lot of people called sure first ballot hall of famers. Doesn't mean it's Tim Duncan, that's silly. There's actually a well known rumor he's going to be extended for 3 yrs at 25 mill/yr almost. It could have been Nowitzki, or Stoudamire (though that's a stretch to say he's going to be a hall of famer so early), or Kobe, or even Paul Pierce possibly - I don't think he's a sure hall of famer, but someone else might... Anyways, if it was Kobe I think the Blazers may have thought about it more, but I'd just keep Oden, he's the perfect prospect and he's on a rookie contract. The only player I would trade him for is Lebron, maybe Duncan, otherwise this guy's going to make them win in the next few years.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hard to imagine that after so many good personnel decisions that RJ/PJ/JJ, whoever he is, would make one that took his dynasty in the making apart.

Kobe on the other hand...