1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Washington At Detroit - Apr 19, 2006

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by max, Oct 10, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Washington At Detroit
    7:30PM

TV: FSN
    Radio: WDFN

Notes. Last game of the 3 this year. It has to be as its also the last game of the season. The Wiz may have a chance here as the Pistons will probably be resting up for the post-season.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Well the Wiz are in after a win against the Bucks last night. However, who they play is yet to be determined.

I am not sure if they can fall down to the 8th seed or not, but they have 2 victories already at our expense, no more!

I hate this team, but some of the players are talented. Caron Butler brings it, Antonio Daniels won a ship with SA, Jamison is underated, and they have some up and coming young players that Eddie Jordan is not afraid to play.

If you stop Arenas this team is done, against a quality opponent. GA has got to be one of the most selfish, arrogant, ignorant people in professional sports. He can score too!!!!!

That`s how they win their games. Rememeber how you played back in the day and said, "first one to 10 wins". No defense, Arenas and his boys just jacking it up.

Please dont lose to this team, I already heard around here that the Wiz will cry foul if Detroit comes at them harder than they did against the Bucks. So they are expecting to see mostly the bench.

How gratifying it would be to beat the Wiz with Amir, Delfino, Delk, Dyess, DD, and Cato............Beautiful:laugh:

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Wiz cannot fall to 8th by virtue of having taken it to the Bucks in a good game last night. They played pretty strongly on both ends of the court, and got the benefit of some interesting foul calls.

4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The Pistons haven't been swept by an Eastern Conference team since 2000-2001. Looks like that's about to change.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Let's let the rookies bang Arenas around a little bit.

6. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

If Indiana and Chicago win, Washington loses:
    " 5. Chicago (41-41, 5-3 head-to-head)
    " 6. Washington (41-41, 29-23 in conf.)
    " 7. Indiana (41-41, 23-29 in conf.)
    " 8. Milwaukee (40-42)
    This is what I hope that happens tonight, but it will take Detroit to really play this game. I think it is in the best intrest for Detroit to win this game and have Chicago win and Indy win. This is a washington team that plays well with Detroit(even though they cant beat them in a 7 games series).

I Detroit can have CLeveland and Chicago in the same bracket this is the most desired road to the ECF. I never like to choose the eay road, because it is always best to have good challenges in the playoffs. GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Evans, Davis and Billups sitting out tonight. Maybe others.

8. roscoe36

Last regular season game!

Chat's open!!!!!!!

I'll pop by later tonight guys. Have a great time!

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Delfino got a lotta burn the last two games after not getting much late in the season. Any chance Flip was "hiding" Delfino down the stretch and will unleash him in the playoffs? Delfino can score more ways than Evans and Flip likes the O, doesn't he?

10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Only two overall positives: Lindsey Hunter and Carlos Delfino played very well.

Jason Maxiell played incredibly poorly.

On the other hand, Alex Acker impressed me. He has a long way to go, but I can see why Dumars is so high on him.

And Flip - no more zone. No more zone. No more zone. No more zone.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Unfortunately, the Wiz wanted this more than the Pistons as our guys gave up at the end of the first qtr. You knew we didn't care when Sheed was out there shooting FT's left handed.

VT your thought of having da Bulls and the Cavs in our bracket has merit, but unless the Raptors come back and win tonight (Bulls up 10 at HT as I am writing this) it will be the Bucs and possibly the Wiz again if the Cavs defense cannot stop Arenas, Jamison and Butler. Obviously we have not been able to figure out how to stop them.

The last thing we need is a our guys to be so arrogant that we let the Bucs extend us to 6 games and Wiz beat the Cavs and we have to face a confident Wiz team that has beaten us 3 times this year short handed or not. :doh:

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I only saw the second half but ditto on Delfino.

Maxiell was brutal on the bricked free throws but the guy is a beast in the post.

13. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Delfino was pretty spectacular in the first half. Hit a couple threes, but he had a couple VERY nice plays. On one he drove from halfcourt straight through the lane and threw it down (pic below). On another he grabbed an impossible rebound, then did a fake behind-the-back pass (ala Chauncey in the Finals) and layed it in. It was sick.

Here's the dunk...
    [​IMG]

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks...saw a couple on replays. Dude has mucho talento. Exciting player.

15. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

delfino

is better than evans without a doubt. he played great today. i love the fact that he will get in there mix it up and rebound. he's a great passer and ballhandler i think acker let him run the point for the last part of the game. i wish some of the guys had converted his passes.

maxiell is a beast. the guy is going to be great and his free throw percentage will go up. his shot is just too nice for his percentage not to go up. he also plays the type of game where he will get a lot of free throws to practice his shot. i'm so happy the playoffs are about to begin.

16. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Ok.....is time

ciao a tutti from Venezia

17. roscoe36

nene has a little trouble with English, but he sent me a message and I will do my best to give you the gist of how he feels.

That's from Italy's #1 Pistons fan. A really nice guy.

18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Ok, I have seen enough of the bench and losing. Time for the real party to begin. Time to step it up. Let our starters get back to work and show what they can do. Now is the time to notch another ship and get another ring. Let this Piston juggernaut role over anyone who gets in the way. Let the doubters be silenced! Pistons in 2006!

19. max

max All-Star

I second that. At least no one got hurt....

Not exactly a stellar showing for the young prospects tonight - but thats why they call them young prospects.

Another great game from Delfino, making a series push for some post-season PT. Hunters getting into playoff shape. Thats about it from that game.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

"beast" seems to be the most common adjective used to describe JMax.