Watch out

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Mar 7, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah i know this team is tough and can win a championship on the road, but they're also tough in another way. Yes they can pull off comebacks that no ordinary team can do, and yesa they pull out tough games down the stretch, but they also make it "tough" on themselves. with the pistons losing 2/3, and san antonio right now on a 7 game win streak we've seen the pistons comfortable lead in the standings widdled down to 1 game ahead of san antonio. Let's go on a win streak now, and not make it tough on ourselves, of course i believe we can get the trophy back without HCA, but unlike the last 2 years we can make it a whole lot easier if we can have Game 7 in the building where we only have 2 losses this season. I'm hoping this was because of the 8 games in 12 days:fingerscr, and that the pistons become determined to finish this season on a huge run to get HCA and momentum going into the playoffs.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

These next seven games seem pretty important to me too - all games they should win, especially coming off some rest days -

Bulls, Wizards, Bobcats, Raptors, Knicks, Bobcats again, Hawks.

These games are important not only to keep the pressure on San Antonio and Dallas, but to get everyone on the same page for a full plate of statement games that follow -

Heat, Pacers, Nets, Mavericks, Suns, Heat again, Pacers again, and Cavs with a couple of others tossed in over over a three week period. Not necessarily winning every game, but playing well during this period will say a lot about how well they do once playoff time comes around.

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

true, but you could also look at it as the pistons surviving a tough trip of 8 different cities and going 6-2 during that stretch. :D

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:nod: way to look at it from the bright side.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I also think this team should do very good starting tommorow. the team has had 2 or 3 practices in a row now, and should be determined, rested, and prepared to not let any of these lottery teams pull off upsets. As for the good teams I still expect a lot out of this team, and I want the pistons to send a message to miami, and dallas that they are better than them.

6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Maybe we won't see an inside game until the playoffs. Opposing coaching staffs are figuring to counter the perimeter. Flips keeping that other aspect up his sleeve so that playoff teams have a bit more difficulty shifting gears. It'll be like the begining all over again. :fingerscr

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i hope you're exactly right, man.:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

(If I have that many places to cross.)

8. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think DBA's break down is on the mark. I wanted to add though that throughout both stretches, under the category of "should win" fall some teams that are either playing hard to make the playoffs, or are playing hard to improve their seeding. add this to the whole pistons-have-a-target thing and, while I agree that they should win the "should-wins", it is also true that they are going to have to bring it every night.

aside from particular strategies which might be relevant as particular games unfold and aside from developing playoff readiness (whether this be new sets or defensive schemes or getting rotations where they want them), i see focus and intensity as the pistons' overall keys for a strong regular season stretch run.few if any of their opponents over the last twenty games or so are going to be taking a night off against the pistons.