1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

WCF Lakers/Spurs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 21, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Spurs are fine. Almost had the game. Manu played the worst game of his PO career, and Pop made an idiotic coaching move by taking out Bowen with 3 fouls when they were up 20. It let Kobe get into a rythm, and then whoever you put on him was useless (Kinda like the way the Pistons let the opposing team get into a rythm, and then wonder why they can't stop them later)

Defense is a whole game thing not a when you feel like it thing.

Great adjustments by Jackson on the pick and roll, and Parker specifically.

Gasol is still soft.

Spurs will still most likely win the series, unless that was a serious case of rust by the Lakeshow.

Spurs didn't look overmatched. Sad thing is, the Pistons (and Flip) do.

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting that Kobe took three shots in the first half. He waited for the right time and then got it going. The bench unit for L.A. is good. When they had the four bench players out there with Odom it reminded me of our bench unit in the regular season. Now we don't have a well defined bench unit.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That 40-0 record is pretty shocking (when a Phil Jackson team wins game 1, they have never failed to close out a series).

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree LP, Manu was out of control tossing cross court passes to the Lakers and once Bowen sat down Kobe found his groove. Once the Laker got back within single digits I knew they had it.

In today's LA Times, Odom admitted that he tackled Manu on that last play going for that loose ball that eventually went to Sasha who hit the last fT's. But who was going to blow the whistle on that play.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would bet the ref saw it and couldn't call it because there was a 50/50 chance that Manu was flopping. Better to not call it than get bamboozled by an actor.

That is one of those plays where crying wolf really comes back to haunt you.

6. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Come on, I saw that rugby-like tackle live, I didn't even need a repetition for it. In fact, I wasn't listening to the guys talking on the game, and I thought it was a pf by Odom over Manu, not by Finley over Vujavic (Barkley said his name like that after the game, and I lol'd). No way the ref didn't see that, but the thing is that also no-one would have called that fault.

---

The Spurs were on their tracks all the game, there is a high possibility of them winning the 2nd game, that is if their real heart (Manu) plays like he knows to.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When I watched that play, I thought to myself, how did they miss that call? Then I rewound it and played it in super slow-mo and it wasn't really obvious what happened. To me it looked like his arm was held and then he sold it as hard as he could.

I was rooting for the Spurs, but I never mind seeing a no-call on a notorious flopper.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pop has allowed opponents back into games too many times. Last series it happened during games 1,2, and 5. Let's see, this last game he has a 20 point lead in the middle of the third quarter and then he lets his team lose. His team shot 3-21 in the 4th quarter..... Not very good coaching in my book. He must have been sitting on the bench just eating rolaids. When is this guy gonna get it. He has too much talent on his team to allow them to falter without making some appropriate moves. Too many comebacks needed to consider this guy to still be a good coach. We'll have to see if he can match Flip and make it to the finals. probably not...........

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Everybody send your positive karma to the Spurs tonight. We need them to win. (Sorry aurora LOL)

10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Man, what a butt-whipping this is. I haven't even been watching the second half. I guess the Spurs are really going to regret blowing that lead in Game 1. Winning 4 in a row, or Game 7 in LA, is going to be a very tall order.

11. philpiston32

philpiston32 First Round Draft Pick

"lights off" indeed

BTW, Duncan looks retard holding the free throw ball for 6 seconds on his hands before launching it.

12. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Omg... I guess that happens when no one of your star players step up in the game.

Yep, that happens. Luckily we are the only team to have 4 star players (almost 5). Yay. ^_^.

13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You know, your old avatar was the best I have seen on any forum. A nice combination of playfulness, combined with a serious, creative intent. I miss it.

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Original intent comes out strong and perceptive, then all that is solid melts into air. You just can't help yourself, can you?

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Spurs down 0-2. I guess there's plenty of blame to go around. Score of 101-71 sounds like a whupping to me. Let's look at the stats. Spurs lose by 30 points but take 16 MORE shots....Good job coach. Nice shot selection. Let's give him credit though, he played his bench. 10 of his players played 14 minutes or more and the next two got 9 minutes each. How's playing all those different players working out for you? Top scorer only gets 13 points and only 2 players score in double figures...I guess if we compare the shooting percentages we may find out something. Let's see .545 to .341.....I wonder which team shot better? I wonder which team played DEFENSE? There's a team out there that needs a new coach and it's not the Pistons (bye-bye Pop). And I actually picked the Spurs this series. Musta been my dislike for Kobe speaking versus looking at the two coaches abilities..

16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I believe the Lakers will win this series, (I picked the Lakers in 7) however, don`t think the Spurs are going to just roll over and die.

Remember what Barkley says, "they are like roaches, they will not die, you have to kill them".

I must say, they have been sprayed with some cheap roach spray that has them dazed and confused at the moment!!!!!!!!!

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Coming into the playoffs I thought the Spurs looked slow, old, and unable to score. It wasn't clear to me that they could put enough points up to beat anyone. So I picked them to lose to Phoenix.

Then the Spurs of old showed up against Phoenix. And at least part of the time against NO. And now, old, slow, and unable to score again. Must be pretty frustrating to be a Spurs fan right now.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Unless that was a serious case of rust by the Lakeshow.

Manu's ankle is worse that previously thought, and unfortunately Jackson still owns Pop.

But i wasn't aware that series are over after Game 2. Someone should have told the NO Hornets that in their series. They can file a protest against the league.

Thanks for your opinion on my opinion. Appreciated.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Seemed to worked out fine on their way to 4 championships.

Yes, that makes sense.

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Spurs aren't dead yet.

2-1.

Pop played 11 guys.