1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

WDFN 1130AM David Stern Interview Nov 21 2006

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 21, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

David Stern on WDFN today with Mike Stone of the Stoney & Wojo show.

Tough questions, slippery answers. Great listen...

"The truth cannot be controversial..."

Attached Files:

2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thanks roscoe. interesting listen

3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This was a horrible interview. These things turn out to be so much blowing smoke up everyone’s a**. You let Stern dictate his nationalistic/corporate line and have no substantive follow up. Then when he’s off line they rail about how they disagree with what he said.

You learn nothing about his personality, because you don’t use the jab. He’s a lawyer who knows power relationship and the systems weak/strong points. The only way to draw him out is to use logic and approaches hitting him within his own backyard.

Against slick, experience board types you learn nothing from these interview displays of information gathering. People are often under the illusion that you must not stray from the basketball line. This plays directly into his rhetoric, which he has down pat. You must expand the scope and the people doing so must feel confident in using this approach. Tis’ better left to blogs or substantive forums.

The JD interview was much more interesting and notice how we were able to get a glimpse on his political leanings and his take on the fair amount of political ignorance the current crop of players exhibit. That one went over their heads and what a wonderful opportunity to expand this within the context of power relationships as currently displayed within the NBA.

4. pass99

...and where did you pick up this urban legend?

I haven't forgot your question about the "latent" comment, but would prefer to drop it for now. I hate being put into the Cassandra role and it lessens the enjoyment of the team's wins. But, as a teaser, it might point out the direction CB is leaning.

5. roscoe36

Flip Saunders.

6. roscoe36

It was an interview, not questioning at the police station...

Ok, but let's not be naive. Being "right" is not always the way to success. While it would be great to see someone in the media show some cahonas, no one is going to jeopardize their career on the Pistons flagship radio station to rattle and bait David Stern.

7. pass99

I can see why you use it as a tag line. Pretty easy mark.

8. pass99

So what's the point? Everyone knows the rhetoric which all too easily flows in interviews like this. Are we all just a bunch of dumb jocks that fawn over corporate elites?

Which is becoming an habitual habit in this country.

I can understand this. It was only the second time I listened to their show, so I didn't mean that the program was worthless. The media is a big problem for this country and a huge gatekeeper. I guess it was an expectation of something more. Then again, I'm not much of a fan of talk radio, so I may be over the top on this one.