WDFN 1130AM Joe Dumars Interview Nov 9 2006

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Nov 14, 2006.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Go to www.mlive.com/pistons, and the link is in the left column under Audio, and labeled 11.09 WDFN: Dumars.

Here's a summary:

so far, I don't like that we don't have everybody playing well at the same time

the transition to us not having Ben is like what Dallas went through when they lost Steve Nash

guys are used to Ben rotating to a certain spot, and now there might not be a guy there

there's some inconsistency with the tech rule

I spoke with Stu Jackson before the season, and he showed me some video of what will and won't be acceptable

• unacceptable: a ref makes a call, and a guy throws his hands up and says B.S. and continues to talk to the ref
    • acceptable: the guy reacts quickly and says "are you kidding me" and then runs down the court

the inconsistency is that is refs are giving techs right away without waiting to see if the guy if the guy is going to continue to go after the ref, or turn and run down the court

Stern told me to tell Sheed that "this is not the Rasheed Wallace law" but it's an overall problem with too much complaining

every team in the league is complaining about the rule

based on past history, there will probably be some compromise on the rule

[skipping discussion of the Lions]

I would rather be at .500 after the first 8 games and developing a bench and not wearing the starters out, than 8-0 with my starters playing 40 minutes

the two things that killed us last year were that our starters were worn out, and that we had not developed the bench

I'm not as worried about losing right now because no teams are running away with the league (record-wise) like we did last year--we'll still be in the thick of things

the best record in the league is becoming increasingly irrelevant--we have to be playing our best ball down the stretch

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for the summary.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It is sort of sad when a sport's regular season is devalued. Hockey is the like that too. Baseball and football are very meaningful.