We can go make it to the ECF at least, next year!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok, this season is over and we all know changes will be made. Changes will also be made on other teams.

I for one think it`s premature to crown Cleveland, Chicago or any EC team as taking over the East, right now.

This is the NBA, and strange things happen. Remember this is the EC, notwithstanding the upstart Cav`s, the young Bulls, and the improved Magic, the Pistons could still be competitive in this EC with a few good moves and a change in attitude next year and beyond.

I remember some thought Detroit was dead and buried last year. They did make it to the ECF once again.

I guess what I am trying to say, let`s wait and see what moves are made this offseason before we say this team is dead.

I must admit, I agree with the masses about Flip returning, is not a good start to next season, however, I am going to be patient, wait, watch, and listen.
  2. max

max All-Star

I mainly want to see 2 things.

1) Fire Flip

2) Don't do anything stupid. i.e. do not give away a player just to make a change. Change can be good but make sure you get quality players in return.

I certainly do not want to see something like Billups sign and traded for a PG at the half the price and spun off as being able to do things that Billups could not. We already saw that side-show with Mohammed/Wallace. Remember that no more 4 on 5 blah, blah.

And don't giveaway Sheed for nothing. Sheed has his problems but we still do need a good PF no matter what happends.

Lastly - do your homework on the draft Dumars. We cannot afford another Mateen Cleaves or Rodney White. This is the last pick that we get out of position. The next good one will be earned the hard way.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Acie Law. Noah could fall far down too.:stirthepot:
  4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Here's the problem: Cleveland, Chicago, and Toronto will be better and should be in the quarter finals.

Orlando should be better, but that depends on FA moves and the new coach.

Miami will be the same because of an agin Shaq.

Which leaves Detroit. And I can't see how Detroit can improve. Sheed and Dice falling off a cliff; Rip, and CB leaving their primes; Tay should be peaking; Amir is still a rook; the only really improved players should be Delfino and JMax, and they're still just role players.

I hate to say it, but there's nothing in the tank, and we are starting to look like Indiana. Time for a sign and trade; Darko for Sheed.