We just signed Ben back

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Aug 7, 2009.

1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I don't like it. How can we retire #3 in the rafters in the future as Big Ben's number if Rodney Stuckey and god knows who else has been wearing it for handfuls of seasons? You'd think someone in the organization (read: JOE) would have just made this decision and not left it up to Ben or Stuck. Not to mention it just takes a little of the wind out of the sails of Ben's return. C'mon treat the guy like the 4 time DPOY that he was. Give him his dang number back whether he asks for it or not.

Joe really has got it bad for Stuck. Last year he puts Rip and AI on the bench for this kid who proceeds to be way less than spectacular pretty much all season. We will see what we will see, but the jury hasn't even retired to deliberate on Stuckey let alone ready to make a verdict IMO. Give Ben his number back. Stuckey doesn't show signs of comparing to Ben Wallace in his prime that's for sho, even allowing for the position difference. It's very unlikely that we are going to be raising any Stuckey jerseys to the Palace rafters in the future.

Just give Ben his #3. I'm not buying a #6 jersey. Screw it. And they better not retire a #6 jersey in the rafters. That would be so lame. Stuckey is so overhyped by that Pistons front office and those local media mouthpieces. Good Lord.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hmm, that means he probably feels that he possibly didn't do enough to wear the # 3 again and then wait to see if the Pistons retire the number a few years from now. If Stuck stays for 5 more plus years and turns out to be the supastar that Joe thinks he is, then Ben will never get a jersey retired in his name with the #3 on it....

Maybe he should have just taken one Sheed's old numbers (30 or 36) cut his hair, put gray spot in it with a head band confused a few folks with the Wallace on the back of it..:MusicBigGrin: Could have even launched a few three balls.....wearing one of those numbers
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I wonder if Joe has decided not to retire Ben's number 3...
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

A few years from now, the Pistons WILL retire The Fro's #3 and Stuck will unveil a new digit for himself.

Seems like it woulda been easier to get it over with now though.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Blah. This bugs me.
  6. BallDon'tLie

Yeah, me too I guess.

I was hoping to get a little more mileage out of my #3 Ben Wallace jersey. Now that Sheed is in green, all of my Pistons gear is outdated.

...My only hope is that Joe signs Tremaine Fowlkes to a 10-day so I can dust that one off again.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

All the die hard Ben Wallace fans already have Wallace #3 jerseys. What they don't have is a Wallace #6 jersey! Don't forget that it's all about the Ben...jamins.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That is a little unfair, I think their jumpers are similar.

I agree with the rest of your post though. Stuckey's ego is out of control and it all started when he played for the sophomore team last year during the All Star weekend, got worse as they moved Rip and AI in and out of the lineup to accommodate him and culminated in him cussing out Mike Curry on the sidelines during a game late in the year.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hear ya. I'm still hoping to sport my Hubert Davis and Darvin Ham jerseys one more time.
  10. BallDon'tLie

This is true to a certain extent.
    I think that Ben has much better mechanics on his 'J' and because of this, has significantly more potential for improvement.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Should I put my Sheed jersey on EBay or hold out that he returns two years from now in the Lindsey Hunter role??
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

What role would that be???

[​IMG]
  13. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

:pound: ha ha ha!! If that really happened I will definitely die laughing.
  14. Stereodave

Stereodave First Round Draft Pick

Maybe this means that in Ben's mind he is not coming back to have his number retired, he's coming back to play some basketball. :hoops:
  15. Nemo

Ben is coming back for some emotional healing.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Ben's coming back for the Pączki day.
  17. Nemo

The raspberry glased were my favorite. Every Fat Tuesday I would buy 12. I would eat 4 right then and then freeze the rest. :)

Mine came from Hamtramck. None of those renegade Farmer Jack Paczki's for me. :deadhorse
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's the good stuff man. Mmmm.

I remember my first Fat Tuesday when I came to the States. I was working at Kmart HQ at the time. One of my buddies at work was really excited one day and said "today's Fat Tuesday!". When he saw my blank stare, he dragged me to the cafeteria where they had all these paczkis laid out. I remember thinking "I'm gonna love living here!"
  19. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

This guy wrote in a letter to Bill Simmons' Mailbag with a letter that seemed relevant to be posted here.

Q: My freshman year of college, my roomate had this old girlfriend coming to see him. He went on and on for weeks about how hot she was and all the great sex they were gonna have. Then she showed up, had just gotten out of a back brace due to a car accident and had gained an honest no BS 50lbs. Having no real out, he got drunk and slept with her anyway and then spent the rest of the year defending it. The point is, I had forgotten all about this years ago and then suddenly Dumars resigned Ben Wallace, and it all came flooding back.
    -- Mark, Seattle, Wash.