We May Be Close To Finally Making A Deal

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 15, 2010.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Reading between the lines of Joe D's interview on 97.1 this afternoon gives me a lot of hope. He basically said in not so many words that a couple of deals may be consumated.

I am going gaga wondering what this deal includes but he gave no indication with what teams that he is talking with.

It's very hard to get a read when you are listening on the radio, you miss the body language i.e.

I do hope that something is in the mix and, with all the the Mello conversations being bandied about, we may be part of a blockbuster deal, one in which we won't end up with Carmelo, but maybe a pretty good player or you folks favorite player Capp Spayce.

If anyone listening to Joe D came away with a different interpretation lets discuss. I am a rabid Pistons fan right now so my mind may not be right.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He's probably talking about giving Tay a 4 year, $30M extension.
  3. Brap

Brap Starter

LOL..... arrrgghghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

there's alot of trade talk recently. Rockets, Nets and Lakers already did a minor deal, Nuggets - Knicks - Heat already talking. Maybe Detroit is going to be in the mix, but I have absolutely no clue who they could trying to get. Basically, there are lots of teams around that are unbalanced at Positions Detroit is bad at - Sac has too many bigs obviously, but there are plenty of rosters around, Bobcats don't play Thomas for instance
  5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd rather have Thompson from Sac than Thomas, but hell at this point, if we could get rid of Max, to get Thomas, BINGO!
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

There's talk that Mavs are trying to get in on the Melo sweepstakes. Perhaps we can get in on that and send away Maxiell and draft picks for Caron Butler. One can never have too many SFs.
  7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It looks like Daye may be part of this trade. This will get very interesting.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Daye goes, I hope we get something good in return and hopes that he gets off the bench with more PT than Kuester was giving him.

As far as the Nuggets goes, if there are multiple teams involved, we need to send Rip to Denver to be with his BFF CB, and we get a big from NY or Denver. Oh yeah, send Max packing too and play Wilcox and Summers.

Better yet, send Rip, Max to Denver and we get a big from NY and Alfllolo back from Denver in exchange...NY still gets Melo..somebody throw in another player or team to make this happen..............................
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

A big from NY??? Turiaf or Eddy Curry, take your pick!

I seriously doubt Daye is part of the package, I'm thinking a petential trade would be one that gets Daye on the court, not off the roster. With that said, would you trade Austin Daye for Jason Thompson, straight up?
  10. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

That'd be admitting we believe Austin Daye to be unspectacular, because Jason Thompson is utterly unspectacular. He's solid. Thing is, Kings already have Donte Greene, a young tall swingman with an outside shot. Unless Dumars' suddenly takes over that team as well, can't see them stocking up on the same player.
  11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

No, I really think he is gonna grow into a solid player and he has the best shooting stroke on the team. The kid needs pt plain and simple.
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The Knicks got Randolph too and he's not getting many minutes.
  13. hitafreethrow

I would do Daye and Max for Thompson and Landry...
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

what about Anthony Randolph? Dude has shown he can be very good and no one knows how much impact he could have if given about 35mpg
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You may have to package something you value (Daye) in order to unload something that is not part of your future plans (Rip, Tay, Maxiel).
  16. hitafreethrow

Thompson and a pick for Day and Max would be totally worth it, IMO. Getting rid of Max's contract, and getting Capp Spayce for Tay, Stuck, Wilcox at the end of this season would be crucial to scoring a good C/PF and PG.
  17. Brap

Brap Starter

Do not - that's NOT, definitely NOT, trade Daye. We'd never get the value I ascribe to him back. Maybe I'm not right about him being a monster offensive player in a couple seasons - a legit all-star. But maybe I am. Why on earth on this roster trade a guy who could be great for a guy we know won't be?

Yeah, maybe Daye won't turn into all-that, but there's every good reason to hold onto him and see.
  18. hitafreethrow

Who do we know won't be great?
  19. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We should have been in on Terrence Williams. Has heaps of skill and simply got Avery'd. Bugger.
  20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

we should have been on Al Jefferson too. And Raymond Felton (remember the thread when we discussed adding him and everyone said how mediocre he is?). Everytime I see a trade happen these days, I feel like we should have tried at least. But I slowly really think that Joe thinks the players he has are really good and just need the right... scenario, coach or cheerleaders