We May Be Close To Finally Making A Deal

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 15, 2010.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't like this kind of jokes!!! :gun1:
  2. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I just hope Troy doesn't put G-Mon on the back of the bench. I have him in a fantasy league and lately, he has been performing!
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

this trade :angrysoapbox: proves how untradeable is (was?) Rip - nobody wants him, Detroit is actually 3rd party and for getting rid rip still Dumars has to take back one bad contract, most probably.

yeah, orlando has 6 mil trade exception available but they in Orlando want to spend it at the trade deadline, IMO: for 6 mil there will be plenty of proposals.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yep. At least Rip isn't injured or playing significantly worse than when we signed him. But it was just too big of a contract to give a veteran when we should have been rebuilding.

Joe was a tool for thinking he could re-tool. One of the big drags against building a dynasty is that you have to overpay for players who have already proven themselves. That's why you need a farm system and coaches who will sacrifice a win here and there to develop the young players on the fly.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Theory 1) You lose games by playing rookies.

Theory 2) You win games by playing rookies.

Theory 1 is incorrect. Playing rookies just gets more rest for the vets, who in turn do better on their shorter minutes. Generally, vets are overplayed, and you find them performing at a low level much of the season.

Theory 2 is not only correct, but when it comes to the playoffs, playing rookies a lot during the season means fresher legs, and more wins, where it counts most, in the playoffs.

Case in point) While no rookie, Darvin Ham hardly able to help us win games in our championship year. But playing Ham was Brown's way of keeping Tay off his feet. And of course this worked great. No Ham in sight in the playoffs, but we did have a fresh, ready to roll Tay.

Right now, whether you like Austin Daye or not - the more he plays, the better Tay will do during the season, and in the playoffs even more so.

So far, coach has did a great job of keeping Ben's minutes down. If Monroe was not playing, we could be swimming right around zero wins - with an exhausted Ben Wallace.

Still no real news. Just speculation that a trade is in the works. Which often means nothing. Seems to me, all teams involved like to keep this kind of stuff under wraps. Anyway, sure hope it does not happen. It will be another example going cheap, reducing payroll as much as possible - rather than optimizing what we get for Rip. If we pay his salary a while longer, he then has an expiring contract that can actually give us a decent player.

If the trade does take place, the real motivation will be for Dumars to do something nice for Rip and Billups - pair them up again. Certainly nothing to help the Pistons get any better. Such a thing as making the team better is pretty darn foreign to Dumars since the Sheed trade. Note, that is now about 7 years ago.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

From what I've seen the Nets get a playoff team we get the Nets 2sd/3rd teer players. Nuggs get nice draft picks and Nets front line players but not Lopez.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems fair to me. So long, Rip.