We Need A Gator Trojan Game For The National Championship

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by buddahfan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Bring em on, let the battle begin!

:gun1:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey how about Boise State, they will be the only undefeated team after tonight and maybe the most exciting...
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good call Dre.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Couldn't stand the sight of a gator with a trojan.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

unbelievable......rats!
  6. Darth Tater

I tried telling you guys this a month ago. I hate to say I told you so...but ...ok...I don't. So I will.

The big ten cannot hang with these other teams. Never could. Even in the Bo & Woody days they couldn't. Tht's why I was so glad that U of M didn't get that rematch. Now both teams are exposed for the pretenders they are, although frankly, I expected a better performance from OSU.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

As much as I hate to take joy in the misfortune of others, I'm glad the Buckeyes are getting stomped (sorry, Buckeyes#1). I've put up with so much crap from OSU fans over the years being from the Great State of Michigan, that it is only fitting that I relish this. It doesn't make up for UM's lousy loss and MSU not even getting into a bowl game, but it cushions it a little.

DT, the Big 10 is 2-1 vs. the SEC (assuming OSU loses) in bowl games, but I know what you mean.
  8. LA Dre

The Big 10 was exposed here as not being fast enough and apparently they need to play either Big 10 champion games or stretch the season out so that they play at least one game in December. OSU didn't play for 51 days and Michigan didn't play for 43 days. Either they were rusty, over confident or over rated.

Obviously when Urban Meyer saw that OSU gave up 39 points to Michigan, he knew his team could score vs the Buckeyes. OSU gives up 80 points in their last two games and Michigan gives up 76 in their last two games.

Both Mike Hart and Troy Smith come out flat after the long layoff. One however suffers the Heisman QB jinx and loses in the BCS Title game and now as someone else said he drops to 5th round pick. (please don't pick him Millen).
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Big Ten needs to lobby for outdoor bowl games up in the North.

At least I don't need to wonder what would have happened if Michigan would have got the rematch. It would have been really unfair to Florida I guess.
  10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Fair enough we can have them play the "University of Redlands Bulldogs in the warm up game.

University of Redlands - Football

:gun1:
  11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I have to say that I was really surprised. It is even worse when you reliaze that 7 of the Buckeye's points were on the opening kickoff. Only another 7 in the entire game. I really thought they had the offensive weapons to stay tough, and had they been able to keep the ball long enough to score more, the defense might have been able to hold down the score.

But they weren't and they couldn't so they got blown out.

I don't think having a couple more tough games at the beginning of the schedule would get them over the hump. There are just too many easy teams in the Big 10.

Although, playing another game later so the layoff would not be so long might help. But who is going to suit up and play another game after the regular season is over?

It is almost like they should not play quite so many teams in their conference and play a couple of games with tough teams sometime during the schedule. But I would not have any idea of how to do that.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Berbs, everyone was surprised. Just goes to show you any team can have a stinker. The Big Ten may not be the power it was from the 40s to the 60s. But it's still a solid division. They were 2 and 5 in bowls this year. So the Big Eleven split about $33mil. Did any other division split that much?
  13. LA Dre

Funny my wife use to work there for 2.5 years and I don't recall her ever mentioning that they even had a football team....:football: :confused:
  14. Darth Tater

I went to MSU for three years and was shocked, afterwards, to find out we had a football team there too.

I'm still not sure you can say we do. :pound:
  15. speilman54

speilman54 Second Round Draft Pick

The Big East went 5-0 in bowl games and I really believe that Rutgers should have been in the top ten. As for OSU and the layoff I believe I heard this morning on Mike & Mike that in their previous 4 bowl games,(all wins), they had layoffs of over 40 days in each. Speed kills and they just didn't have enough especially after Ginn went down.