Wearing an opposing team's jersey to an NFL game

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

To a Seattle Seahawks game...Totally safe to wear the opposing team's gear. The folks in Seattle...at the game and just in general... were about as nice and pleasant as can be.

Everyone was good natured at the game and got along. :grouphug: I guess they were talking lots of stuff back and forth but it was all in fun. I am told about 1/3 of the people were wearing Eagles gear. I'm sure the estimate was high but Philly has lots of loyal fans who travel well.

The funny thing, is that SOME of the Eagles fans were the ones that acted badly. Toward the end of the game after an interception that was the final nail in the Eagles coffin, a lot of the Eagles fans got up and figured they would hit the bathroom before the rush. So my kid and his friend were in the room which was filled with these guys cussing, pointing, sticking out their arms and shaking their fists at nobody in particular, and threatening to kill Vince Young and yada yada yada.:mad2::censored:

Pretty funny but these things won't sound nearly as funny typed out. Some skinny totally sloshed guy with dreads in an Eagle's Maclin Jersey was throwing popcorn. I guess he hit some huge muscular guy in a Seahawks jersey in the back of the head. The Seattle guy slowly stands up and turns around. If looks could kill. So the drunk guy sitting a couple rows behind him just extends his arm and points. In a large roar he screams "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". The guy in the Seattle jersey just kind of shakes his head slightly, smiles, reaches out and gives the guy a hug.

People were bantering in the stands, but it was all good natured except one near fight incident on the stairs. I think the Seattle fan may have been the culprit but I don't know what set him off.

Has anyone seen that beer (?) commercial with the football fans with the fro's (I think they are in a bathroom). They both look up and their eyes meet. The guy with the real fro subtly nods at the guy with the fake blue and yellow (?) fro and the fake fro guy nods back slightly with the same look. The expressions on their faces are kind of that macho-brotherly-very slight grin looks. It's hard to explain and I couldn't find it on You Tube, although it is probably there (if anyone can find it).

Anyhow, as my 13 year old boy wearing an Eagle's Santa hat enters the Seattle stadium gates he looks up and at the same instant this 30'ish looking Asian guy also wearing an Eagle's Santa hat is being wanded by the guard at the gate. Both glance up and their eyes meet and they nod at each other exactly like the guys in the commercial. A while afterward, my kid thinks about it and starts cracking up when he remembers the commercial.

One thing I thought was really nice was that as you entered the stadium they handed out those thin raincoats to each fan (Lots of rain in Seattle) . The ones at theme parks are nicer and thicker but they cost about$15 or whatever. So I thought it was cool that they didn't try to rob you for those things the concession stand. (I still can't figure out why they did that). Oh...and the stadium was just beautiful, I am told.

Thanks again to Linwood for all of the good information he provided before the trip.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is there a company name on the raincoat?
  3. Darth Tater

Ohhh. That's a great question.:lecturer: I didn't think about that.

I looked around the house but I can't find any of them. I'll find out later and get back to you. Come to think of it, I remember seeing one from afar and I didn't see a Seahawk Logo IIRC but there WAS some logo all over it.

But still, the raincoats they would sell cost almost nothing to make and they probably make around $14.50 or so on a $15 raincoat on the ones they would have sold, so maybe 8,000 in an 80,000 seat stadium (because people just don't come prepared and I'm thinking at Disney almost everyone seems to get caught offguard and has one with The Lion King or whatever on the back). So that would be a lot of potential money, and I would imagine the company that is advertising merely provides the raincoats and pays nothing more, so wouldn't the Seahawks still lose money by not selling their own? I'm just speculating, of course, but now I'm really curious now and will check when my kid gets home from school.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I really like Seattle, WA!
  5. Darth Tater

@ Bill: You were ri...rii ri righ ...

anyhow

Nova Nordisk (the company)
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What else is new, Drath?