Wednesday, October 10: Raptors at Pistons

Discussion in 'October 2012' started by BillLaimbeer, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Hopefully this terrible performance by Kravstov puts this nonsense about him being a potential contributor this year to bed.

Boring, ugly game otherwise.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In case people don't realize you're joking, the Russian dude is dunking left and right.

Austin Daye is terrible. His defense may be awful, but his shot has gotten worse. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. If they release Williams or Flynn and keep Daye, it's just plan stupidicy.

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I have been hoping for Daye to finally get it, but I have had enough of him and cant stress enough how badly we need to cut ties and move on before he hinders a young from getting minutes. I would like to see Daye and cv gone. forget giving them minutes in the preseason, all they are doing is dropping their trade value anyway.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Daye just needs more shot attempts. I think he passed onced and that was a wasted opportunity.

Slava really got under kleiza's skin. Could have been a cultural thing.

5. Brap

Brap Starter

His first exhibition game is way too soon to say whether Daye is a lost cause.

6. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Few thoughts:
    - First time in a while that I can remember Greg Monroe playing rattled like he did in that first quarter.
    - The nickname Slava bugs me for some reason; I prefer to refer to him as Vyacheslav. The Russian played more like a rookie than our other big rookie initially. He recovered nicely though I think Drummond made more of an impact on D.
    - Couldn't help but laugh when he bumped Daye and (I think) Fields and both fell over like bowling pins.
    - Speaking of the "other" big rookie, Andre played pretty well in limited minutes.
    - Rodney... I wasn't pleased to see him just go Colliding every time down the floor - got too caught up dueling with DD, perhaps? Was happy to see him take a few charges, however.
    - ^He'd make a good sixth man.
    - Saw a lot of last year's offense on the floor; people passing up open shots to go iso.
    - Daye is a terrible player. He, BOT and Bynum need to get shipped off to NBA Siberia.
    - The second and fourth quarter lineups were terrible. Good thing this is preseason.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is there another organization out there that goes into pre-season games with the plan to not play their lottery pick who is filled with potential but lacks experience specifically so they can play Kyle Singler big minutes like the Pistons do? Drummond would not have played if the Russian guy wasn't racking up fouls. That's not insane?

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

You may have a point, Kleiza kept yelling from the bench and it wasn't at the refs.

I think Stuckey/Calderon was cultural also.

9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Yeah wasn't really happy about that; it wasn't Kyle's finest hour either. They should've done what Toronto did with JV and started Andre, even if it was just to see what he can do on the floor with the other starters, since we all know what Max brings to the table already.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Singler did pretty good by the end but throw a rock in the air and you'll hit a player like him in the NBA.

I don't think the Pistons are ready for the type of outside the box thinking that would lead them to starting Drummond in a pre-season game. They'll probably have him dress like Mike Abdenour and pretend he's the trainer next game so he learns some perspective instead.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know it's only preseason and all I saw was the second half, but this team did look boring out there when with the old standbys. The interior D could not stop JLucasIII and Max was either dropping balls or missing dunks under the basket.'

Hopefully in the end, Frank goes fresh with at least three starters that are under 24 years old. I only saw a little of Jonny Flynn, and although he had 3 TO, I think he might be an upgrade over Bynum if Frank lets him play during the rest of pre season....but since he played only 12 minutes can't say he proved to the coach that he should make the team.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for the writeups. Too ill to watch the games. I am feeling a bit better this morning. Hoping its not just temporary from sleeping like 22 of the last 24 hours.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Drummond must have established position 6-7' from the hoop and called for the ball at least 3 times last night in his limited play. True to form the Pistons guards never passed him the ball just like they did to Monroe his rookie year.

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Highlight of last night's game....Slava I JUST VANT TO PLAY Kravtsov.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey we need an Amir update !

16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I was very impressed with Drummond in the game. He was thrown in and had to keep getting post position and fight down low even though his third string teammates didnt even look in his direction he continued to try and when he finally got the ball he was grabbed and fouled and still managed to fight the ball up for the and1. I hope he gets some real burn with the first teammers and Monroe tonight.

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Singler is NBA-ready. The year in Europe helped him. He makes good decisions out on the floor. He is a lot faster than I realized. Drummond is ready enough, too. Throw him out there as much as possible.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  18. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I think singler is a whiter version of Tayshaun, he will take up minutes and probably not lose games but he wont shoot great or win you a game. He reminds me of a dunleavy kid.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

That's crazy Bill, I expected to see a date of 2014 on your post. Drummond hasn't watched enough from the bench to be Pistons game ready.
    Are there teams out there that play their lottery picks this early? (My iPhone just tried to substitute the word sadly for early. She knows I'm a Pistons fan.)

BallDon'tLie, alexa032 and copper like this.
  20. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Heh, looks like that change to the lineup didn't work out so well. Looks like the team that started 4-20. BOT should never, ever, ever ever (x100000) see the floor again for the Pistons - but he probably will. Team needs a no defense playing chucker stretch four out there after all. :lame:

Maggette + Stuckey on the floor together? Collision Central. And no outside shooting to speak of. Frank seems to want to get all his crappy potential lineup combinations out the way early. The rookies mostly playing well though, especially Andre. Greg and Brandon didn't look so hot from what I saw in that third quarter however.