1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Week 5 Lions Vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Abe Froemen, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Another week of questions starting with the offense

Why do they just suck so bad why can’t the receivers run routes?

Why is the offensive game plan so tame I thought 3 and out was going to be a thing of the past?

Why was kJ pulled?

What are they going to do to fix the problems?

When will Jeff Garcia be back?

I hate to say the season is over but wow if they lose and go to 1-3 there only hope is that the rest of the division keeps sucking right along with them. If that is the case and they make a wild card playoff spot, if the team claims see we are better they just don’t get it.

When can Michigan get another pro football team to root for one that is not owned by the Fords. I have just about given up on the Lions close does not count in my book.

2. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

That would be hillarious if the Lions won the division at 5-11.The way the rest of the teams are playing it could happen.

The receivers when they drop the ball or run routes like they are jogging in the park suck.

Joey throwing behind them or over them he sucks.

Offensive line for the most part suck.

Defense looked pretty good this game next one will make Ravens O look like future hall of famers are playing.

FORDS SUCK!!

The players sounded really pissed off in the articles I read but that doesn't equate to wins or anything else in my book.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I am predicting a Lions victory today.:wacko: Sorry. That's very bad because I'm almost always wrong which means they are sure to lose. I'd be 0-3 this year if they hadn't blown that call on Pollard.

They will win because it will set us up to crash back to earth next week if they do. They will win because they will rally around the Rogers thing and last weeks replay booth incident. Mostly, they will win because I sat my two Lions fantasy players (M.Williams and K. Jones). Both will have unexpected monster days against a very tough Baltimore defense.

But I don't care.They won't get MY hopes up this year. I won't take the bait. :fish2: They won't sucker me again! Seriously...I am DONE!!!!

I don't care even a little bit.
    :lie:

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Prediction

The Ravens' defense smashes the Lions in the mouth. Baltimore wins a field goal battle, 9-6.

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

The Lions offense

is just terrible. Without all the penalties and the pics thrown, no way the Lions lead this game. What a terrible game between two lousy teams. :doh:

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ravens almost made a penalty record with 21! Kevin Jones did amazing today, remember when Ray Lewis tried tackling him down, and he ran right through him, and spun off 2 other defenders that was crazy. That play were we were 1 yard off a TD for about 6 or 7 plays was crazy too.

7. Darth Tater

Interesting. The Lions got ripped off last week on a review at the end of the game and this week they are victorious largely due to an inordinate number of penalties whistled against the other team. In fact, so many penalties that two members of the other team got ejected for arguing calls.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

again the defense making big plays was the catalyst to winning this game.

joey didn't play great, however...one huge factor was 8-14 on 3rd downs vs. 3-11 for the Ravens. keeping drives moving (even if it's just one extra series) is key, and the lions set that tone with the 2nd drive of the game.

i'm nowhere near comfortable with how poorly the lions execute on offense, but they have a very favorable schedule the next 6 weeks. my friend had a good way to describe the lions: 'they can beat teams but they can't win games'

9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

KJ was not pulled he was broken in half. Did you see the 6 plays in a row on the goal line when they basically ran him into a Raven Defensive Wall:frusty: ? KJ left the game woozey and with blood on his pants.

10. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Ya his innards were about to fall out.That last hit on KJ was brutal.Well not looking good for the Lions Roy W. is hurt so 3 receivers unless we sign someone else.The defense won this game for us without them we lose.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

1. Many of those calls on the Ravens were legit. In fact, I would say 95%. It's their problem that they are a bunch of 'roided out psychopaths and can't not touch the ref. I've never seen that in a game before. Those guys acted like they were berserkers or something.

2. It's reported that KJ had a mild concussion and that is why he was held out.

3. I am much more worried about Roy Williams. Mike Williams looked TERRIBLE today, and that's my boy.\

4. Joey had another bad day statistically, but his TD pass was gorgeous and as previously mentioned, they made 1st downs. I don't care if we win ugly, just keep winning.

12. Darth Tater

I didn't see it so I'll have to take your word for it. It just seemed like a lot of calls. I'm glad to hear it was legit since the Ravens were not the beneficiaries of the bad call last week. It's just hard to believe the Lions won a game legitimately. I can't remember when they last won a game by that margin. :laugh::confused:

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Another game of fools gold.
    Ultimately our "O" line doesn't protect well enough and our "D" line doesn't get enough pressure on the QB.
    Harrington has developed a severe case of "Scott Mitchell feet'"
    I refuse to get the hopes up again... just a way to pass a Sunday afternoon.

14. Darth Tater

I agree with ya merc. Only thing that makes me wonder is that I think they already played 3 of the 4 top ranked defenses ( Tampa, Chicago, and Baltimore) in the league. So we actually could see a lot more from the offense the rest of the way. However, with Rogers and now Williams out...:ohwell:

But yeah, don't get your hopes up yet. I know I won't for a couple more games.That's the bad thing. IF by some miracle they ever do well, we won't enjoy it because by the time we realize they aren't tricking us the whole season will be over . Poor Lions fans. :violin: