Welcome new Pistons Assistant Coach, Rasheed Wallace

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by linwood, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Our new hallway interview coach...

Is Sheed wearing a Celtic cap?

[​IMG]

linwood and mikhail1973 like this.
  3. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

I'm t
    I'm thrilled!

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Another oldie but goodie article from '07.
    ... LISTENS TO HIS HEAD ... FOLLOWS HIS HEART - ESPN The Magazine

5. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

THIS. IS. AWESOME. NEWS.

I'm more excited than this about the Smith signing !!!!!

6. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I never thought I would be AS HAPPY as I am right now for any asistant coach hiring... But Sheed is Sheed!!! He is an Icon here!

Great great great greaaaattt hiring Joe D... At least to keep the fans happy! :D !

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe the credit for this hiring goes to Mo Cheeks.

linwood likes this.
  8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Have been expecting either Sheed or Ben to be our big men coach but not didn't think it would come so soon now with Bynum re-sign so much good things happened in just one day wow I can't be more happy than this.

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

LOL, thats what alot of folks thought yesterday, Its a ND football hat. Guess he really likes the Fighting Irish (everybody has to have atleast one fault)

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ok, now I don't hide the fact that I haven't watched any games for years although Im a bit of a closet keeper upper...

And Maybe this has already been pointed out somewhere because I don't read the basketball forums very much although Im a bit of a closet reader upper ( I always wish the Pisttons well and I do like to keeper upper a wee bit..sssshhhhh...

And I dont wanna point to you guys that maybe that ain't sugar in yer Kool Aid but you're perhaps drinking dangerous sugar substitute Saccharrine In your summer drinks but...
    But Rasheed Wallace who supposedly understands this game so well, Isn't he the same guy responsible for our Pistons winning the 2005 championship Because he knew to leave their great clutch 3 point shooter Robert Horry Wide open for the crotch shot when all the rest of us idiots on this planet including his mother, coach and teammates thought that somebody should waste their time covering Horry??? Yeah they called it a " crotch" shot instead of a "clutch" shot because that loser Horry choked just like Sheed knew he would. And we were all laughing when Mr. Knows the game grabbed his crotch to make us all laugh at dumb Horry. Errr.. Wait.... I AM remembering that right, aren't I? Well, I must be.

Funny, Sheed never struck me as such an astute pupil of Larry Brown....

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

One play. Both teams played hard.

linwood and mikhail1973 like this.
  13. Darth Tater

It's the only one I remember. It's kind of like telling the peopler of Hiroshima it was only one bomb. Or the old black humor joke that goes something like" "But other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?"

Well, I know what you are saying Tas. I know nothing about the guy other than he lets his emotions get him in trouble at times and that they say he was so skilled that he could have been incredible if he kept his focus. I think the other players like him and probably respect him. The irony of it just struck me as funny and I was more just sharing my take on .
    . Itwill be interesting to watch this unfold. I wish him well and Im the first one to tell people I couldn't tell you a basketball X from an O so who am I to judge. (But that being said, even I wouldn't have left Horry open for that shot, lol) :)

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Your 2 examples were intentional acts of destruction. Sheed made a mistake in the fog of war. And it was more of a calculated decision to try to do something helpful. Ginobili had made 8 threes already against us and had a total of 131 points in the series. Tay was late getting to him and Sheed decided to help (despite LB warning against it). It is unknown what would have happened if Sheed had stayed on Horry.

It's unbelievable to think that we outscored the Spurs in that series by 13 points. We had a really good team.

BallDon'tLie and mikhail1973 like this.
  15. Darth Tater

Awe... Now you know I wasn't really putting Sheeds bone headed play on a level with all those horrors. But You'll never convince me it wasn't incredibly dumb decision making.

But you know, that was the beginning of the end. One more victory in game 6 then they lost. Which maybe Larry Brown stays on if they win and then lots of other maybes, but after that I think the last 7 have been pretty crappy. I'm not suggesting, of course, that it was all Sheeds fault, but just reflecting how I don't think Ive watched a game since that time. The team caught us all (Ok maybe not 356.5 (aka Veggie Man), and Wiggles, blue Adams) but us other regular mortals didnt see it coming. And it's sad because it seems like it came and went do quickly, whereas it seems like the Bad Boys came along slowly and we could savor the moment for a lot longer.well, it was nice to see Ben back in a different capacity and maybe Chauncey will return in some capacity too.i think Sheed will add some flavor and make it fun too. I'm not sure if I ever need to see Prince orRip around again. Man, wouldn't it have been fun to see Sheed and Laimbeer coach together. Fireworks galore!!!!

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

every nba game, the same mistake happens multiple times. it's hard to play help defense without getting burned on occasion.

17. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I'm looking forward to this season.

18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed made a slight mistake. He's human, after all. Even the best defensive teams ever still allow the other team to score 40+ times during games, because everyone is approximately equal in talent (relative to the rest of the world). The reality is that it basically came down to a coin flip, where Horry's brain's window for telling his arms and hands when, where, and how to release that ball was an unbelievably tiny one (but a window he hit on a fairly regular basis), and he happened to "hit the button at the right time," to use a video game analogy. The shot was, to use a misunderstood term, lucky; he was lucky to hit that shot, just as the Pistons would have been lucky if he hadn't. That Sheed feels guilty about it is to his credit.

The series is now remembered as one of the best of all time - both teams were effectively equal, but the rule is that one has to win the championship, and some amount of luck is ALWAYS involved. San Antonio managed to do it, and it wasn't a boneheaded play by a stupid player, as is being implied by some. It's a tough decision that created a minor difference in win probabilities - Sheed had to make a split-second decision and he reacted on instinct. He knew beforehand and he knows now that it wasn't the correct decision, but he had to react, and he reacted on emotion, as he was always prone to do. Anyone that's ever played sports been a human being knows that there's a difference between knowing the correct action and doing the correct action. Sheed always knew the correct action even if he didn't always do it. For a coach, I don't care about the doing, I care about the knowing. And I have zero doubt that Sheed is going to be an outstanding coach because of that.

19. Darth Tater

I am so so so sorry! I will be sure not to crack on Isiah Thomas (pass) if he ever returns as a coach someday too. Or on Chris Webber if he becomes our team's official timekeeper.

I get it now. Really. I do. It's the offseason. Time to get down to business. I never know when to quit messing around!

Ok. One more bite at the apple for me too. It's only fair. Back to the returning hometown hero adulation mode. Ok. Watch. That was a great play Sheed!!!! Your heart was in the right place big guy and nine times out of ten Horry misses that shot. Shame on him for touching his private parts and trying to make it appear otherwise.

Better? :)

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

No Darth. The flogging will continue until morale improves. :girl devil:

coynejeremy and Darth Tater like this.