Well so much for the "showcase" theory

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 2Tough4You, Feb 20, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's probably just me and hind site is 20-20???..but I would have traded Rip instead of Billups.....in other words a Billups and AI combo would have probably worked better IMO. Stuck would have come off the bench to be to backup combo pg and maybe we could have still kept Alf on the payroll too.

Billups has proven to still be an All-star and Rip is just a streaky shooter.

Yeah Billups has faded in the post season, but that is because the way Flip used him during the regular season and how we didn't really have a suitable backup at the point.

Hate to use excuses, but Jameer Nelson taking out Billups in the first round of the 2008 series probably doomed us too as we had an damaged Billups playing vs the Celtics and a lazy Sheed.
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hey Dre, don't forget that Billups also faded out in the playoffs last year too. Even the Denver people were wondering what happened to Billups the last two games in the series.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know whatcha mean AG but sometimes you got to have the player that facilitates you getting to the post season and then hopefully the rest of players can step up in the playoffs when the supposed leader is down.

Howard disappeared in the 07 and 08 playoffs against the Pistons and then in the finals vs the lakers, but the Magic never thought about trading him...for obvious reasons:sssh::)
  4. max

max All-Star

Yes but Denver wanted CB. Not only that they needed a PG but he was a hometown hero so a lot of it on their part was for financial reasons - he sells tickets.

Although I mistake ( since we essentially traded CB for BG ) I don't see it as a franchise killer. CB had maybe 3-4 years left - he probably will start slowing down next year.

If Stuckey really made a commitment to being a PG then I think he could be just as good as CB if not better. The overall lack of interest in the NBA to learn the position with how rare a good PG is fascinates me. Everyone wants to be scorer. One would think that guys would be trying to fill that void rather than trying to score 20 PPG. Someone that could put up 10 APG could pretty much write their own contract.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I hope Stuckey doesn't get wind of this... that's a lot on his shoulders.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

All good points. :thumb:
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Not to complain after a really nice, exciting victory over the Spurs, but...

Prince: 44 minutes (7 more than anyone on the team)
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'll let that slide. Afterall, for the first time this season, we used a backup small forward with Prince in the game. JJ played backup small forward for the first several minutes of the 4th quarter. I am ecstatic about that. Just maybe somebody gave the team permission to win some games.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Prince played 44 minutes last night on the 2nd of a back-to-back.

I'd love someone to tell me how playing him that much is helping us. Our young players aren't getting any run, and it doesn't help us win games. Prince was visibly worn down in the 4th last night as he missed a ton of crunch time shots (why he was taking crunch time shots is another issue altogether).
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

Overusing Prince has been a major complaint by fans for quite a few years - and I'm convinced it's a very justifiable complaint.

Playing Jerebko, Daye and Summers more minutes (especially the last two, since Jonas is getting a lot of PT every game), should be a huge no-brainer.

It's not happening. Now that the trading deadline has passed, we should play Tay no more than 25-30 minutes per game. Period. End of story. End of argument.
  11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Funny, I never heard him complain. Did you expect this from him?

Of course not. It was a game to be played with the right chess players left with the right moves. Over the years (yes, it is strange to count a board composed of nearly 500 games) there was a monopoly of bias: from JD on down.

It might be important to understand that some barriers are huge gatekeepers. They gain (over time) a rightful ideological and symbolic placement. They gain power from association (mental and physical). Power that accumulates beyond individual merits. This team has been locked out (from meaningful growth) for many years. The chairs left on the deck, are merely sliding down those acute angles into the abyss.
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

Thanks, I learned a lot.

Then my head exploded and my brains poured out all over the

{clean-up crew here. We're busy cleaning up Brap's brain, and wonder if anyone knows how to get those out of the microfiber sofa?}
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I had the chairs being stacked and burned. But instead of using water to put out the flames, ice cubes were tossed at the stack, one at a time.
  14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

There you go...not even the clean up crew has ounce of perception. Had they merely looked at the label from the coach (SP?) they would have recognized the Scotchgard trademark:
    This product works great on most fabrics! Whether natural fabrics like cotton & wool, synthetic fabrics like polyester & nylon. (It is always good to test in an inconspicuous spot for color bleeding.) We do not recommend using on rugs, carpets, suede, plastics, or vinyl. On upholstery, check furniture manufacturer's care and warranty information. Examples of usage include: sofa, chairs, auto upholstery, camper & RV's, throw pillows, table linens, place mats, window treatments, crafts, canvas shoes, & more!

There you have it. Just a small scoop up with a quick spray clean and it's as if you have never flayed yourself out. It does come with a warning: all warranties are void because of casket leakage.
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:winner_first_h4h: Pass99 for the WIN!!!!!!!