Were still a 55 win team

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by CrazyHops, Oct 3, 2006.

1. CrazyHops

CrazyHops Second Round Draft Pick

Whats up fellows,brand new to the board. Been a Pistons fan since the Bad Boy days. All time favorite player is Isiah Thomas.

I think dont think critics give the other 4 players enough credit. We have 4 ALL STAR quality players in the starting lineup. Even without Ben,that is still a potent lineup.Probably still the best starting 5 in the league. Ben is a great help defender,but is only average when it comes to his 1 on 1 low post defense. It seemed like Miami figured him out. As long as they kept going in to shaq ,it was automatic for shaq. Thats the only team i fear. I dont fear the Nets,Bulls,Cavaliers. Those teams are basically perimiter oriented teams. I still see us being a 55-60 win team,best record in the east. It will come down to Heat vs Pistons
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Welcome to the board my friend. I am The Low. I am a liason to PF.com and the author of the "Sour Notes" articles. Everything I say will consist of some form of unrest or unpleasantness until we win the title. You will also find that many of my comments will be accompanied by a twist of lemon, lime, or wasabi.

Please to not be taking any of my smart %%%%%ed comments personally as you will most likely be subject to many of them in response to your honest posts throught the season. They are not intended to insult or offend, but merely to bring some fans back to the level of reality that exists somewhere between the statosphere and the depths of hell.

Enjoy your stay here at PF.com and RAZE IT UP!!!! :flame:

(This message/warning was brought to you by Black & Mild Cigars, The Committee for Mr. T. for Pistons Coach, and The Flip Saunders Twitch Dance Team.)
  3. CrazyHops

I wont take it personal. When your a die hard fan,emotions can be up and down through a 82 game schedule.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Damn, what an intro! lol
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Playing Devil's advocate...

CB is an all-star
    Rip is borderline
    Tay is officially NOT an all-star yet and still has to prove that part of his effectiveness does not depend on Ben behind him.
    Sheed is borderline and will probably not be an all-star this year.

So, I would say that it is very possible that we will have 1 all-star on the team this year with 2 snubs.
  6. CrazyHops

Ben Wallace does not make a 15 game game difference. There not going to go from 63 to 65 wins down to 45. Rip and Chauncey are definite ALL STARS, Prince is borderline.The only way Rip doesnt make the ALL STAR team is if fans simply just vote for there favorite players,and not the actual best players.
  7. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

Welcome to forum and the mayhem. Oh... yeah.. by the way [sign]WELCOME TO DETROIT CITY[/sign]
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Welcome crazy hops. Don't pay Low no nevermind. he is one of the kindest guys around here. Just an old softie who loves the Pistons to a fault.

Don't mind me either, I get a little carried away sometimes especially when I get bored.

But you are dead on target, the Pistons will as in the favorite words of Muhammed Ali "They will shock the world".
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

It's mostly down with The Low.
  10. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Hey CrazyHops and I welcome you to the forum. I am explosivity better known as exp. by all others here on the forum. I rarely post but am an avid participant in the chat when the season is underway. Very much like you I am an optimist and I actually think that we may be even better this year. Not necessarily in the regular season but I do think that we cannot perform worst than we did last year in the playoffs succumbing to the eventual NBA champion Miami heat. I think you and I are going to get along great and we need more optimist like ourselves to offset The Low's pessimism, lol. Welcome aboard and quote it, the Pistons will suprise the league once again, quote me. Thanx for listening. :welcome:
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

just quoting you as directed...
  12. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Thank you much.:reading: