Wesley Johnson

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 26, 2010.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We haven't talked about this stud. He is definitely a top 5 draft. If we can't get Monroe, this Syracuse python is on my list.

He can run the floor, block shots, good foot work, shoot three pointers and a decent passer.
  2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

MAybe I don't understand very well but.. Favors - Syracuse - decent passer - shoot three pointers?

Maybe you mean Wesley Johnson ?
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah can somebody change this to, Wesley Johnson. Favors plays for Georgia Tech and has yet to show himself to worthy of the term, "Stud"
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Done, thanks KG
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sorry, my bad, that's what rushing to work and posting at the same time is not a good thing. Thanks Scoe, you always have my back.
  6. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

There isn't a great deal not to like about Wesley at this point in time from an NBA perspective.

Defensively he has the potential to become an excellent defender in the NBA due to his wingspan, height and tremendous leaping ability.

Offensively he is a great shooter.. If the defender sags off of him he'll knock down the shot. If the defender gets too close, he would blow by the defender with his excellent first-step.

His first step allows him to create enough space to get his shot off on a consistent basis, minimizing the effect of his poor dribbling ability. His ball-handling could use polishing, his left hand is weak.. He is exclusively a two dribble straight-line dribbler! He is not able to create much more than catching the defense off-balance with his first-step.

Otherwise Wes frequently uses a high-ball screen when he had the ball in order to make up for his mediocre ability to create off the dribble.

With all that being said, I cannot completely determine whether Wes will be a first-option type, or if he will simply be a terrific role-player.
  7. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick