West coast trip

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Nov 6, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We should go 3-0, but if we don't we should at least go 2-1. Sacramento has one of the best home-court advantages in the league, but they are definently the powerhouse they used to be, i expect a great game from former king Maurice Evans. We should take care of a bad Portland team, and I expect sheed to be more motivated in this game and do very well. Phoenix with the injury of amare should not be hard, we just have to control the tempo of the game.

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We've seen rip, and tay pour it down. ben doing good on offense and being his normal dominant defensive self. and we've seen chauncey get those 9 assists per game. what we have not seen is sheed besides some clutch plays in boston, which is great but i know we want to see more. i expect him to be the star on the west coast trip, back were he started (Portland).

3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the guy i'm ready

to have show up is mcdyess. he needs to get that j falling like last year. i think sheed has had some foul trouble problems that is helping to hold his game back. but i'm happy with the way the pistons are playing. we are beating people and we aren't even fully clicking yet.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed, Dice needs to step it up. On the positive, we're 3 and 0 with our 6th man not contributing yet. This team can only get better as they get comfortable with their new coach, the new system and the new players.

5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

very true. funny, that we haven't got any production out of Dice yet..and still our bench is kickin' arse! We would have been in HUGE trouble had he started off like this last year. Another testament as to how well our youth is performing.

6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Opinions Please

I have often wondered when the Pistons go out West twice each year what would be more difficult for them.

Having more days off during the trip, and falling victims to the hotel syndrome by having to spend so many nights in hotels on an extended road trip, which negatively affects NBA players on long road trips.

Or

Playing more back to back games and spending fewer nights in hotels because there would be fewer days off on the trip and the trip would therefore be shorter.

Any opinions?

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

More days is better. Once upon a time, I had to go on roadtrips for work. My experience was that fatigue sets in a lot faster when you are on the road than when you are home.

If you are going to be effective on the road, you need to be getting proper rest between games, not naps at the airport.

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sun Set Tonight in Phoenix

So, hopefully the Pistons are well rested to blot out the Sun tonight.

9. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

blow out

Heck yeah!!!!:nod:

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

3-0 baby!!!