West Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Laker fans are in Shock as their tea, mails it in. For the Lakers this was "a real Mother for ya yeah"....They thought they had this I guess

Just think how big the lead would have been if Artest had actually hit more of the 15 shots he missed..

Shane Battier can score if he needs to...Bring that boy home Joe... And Brooks shows you what a second year guard can do under pressure....Stuckey...:stirthepot: dude hit 4 threes, an alley oop and penetrated for layups at will. Michael Cooper does the post game analysis for the Lakers here on local TV and he said they should have put Brooks on his arse in the second qrt, but obviously no one on the current Laker team, played D like Cooper.

I am sure the Lakers will regroup at home, but just think what will happen if they lose game 5....:sssh:

Gambler Phil rolled the dice as Gasol could gave gotten hurt out there in the end as could have Kobe...

2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Wow. It's games like that that make me feel like LA has no shot against Cleveland in the finals... or even Denver in the conference championship. They seemed to have picked up the "Flip the Switch" mentality. :sssh:

3. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Regarding the Wright attempt to foul Carmelo in the waning seconds of the Dallas/Denver game (the foul that was not called), why did Wright use his body to commit the foul, rather than his hands? In a must-foul situation like that, I can't recall a player fouling with a chest bump.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

For LAL's sake, Fisher needs to try to kill Scola again. When you're getting abused AI/Nash style at PG, it's going to be very difficult.

Still nothing from Bynum. They need him to win this series/future series.
    Between Phil Jackson jerking his minutes around and Bynum looking mentally (physically ?) shot , the LAL look to be in trouble.

HOU was playing off of adrenaline. They will likely come back to earth, but still . . .

Get it together Lakers! Do you really want the Cavs to win a title?!

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kobe took no FT's today?? When is the last time that happen in a playoff game? Seems like he thought they had this game in the pocket and didn't play aggressive today. Bout time it was time turn it on, it was to late.

Bynum does not appear to be ready for this series. Fisher should just stay suspended or fake an injury so he won't get embarrassed out there.

Nice Jacket and red bowtie apparel by Brooks in the post game conference..:)

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Exactly. Good no-call.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Sports Guy from ESPN did a breakdown of Kobe's dwindling free throws recently. Kobe has played 1100+ games and does not go all the way to the hole frequently. He pulls up a lot.

Yeah Brooks may be lightening quick, impossible to stay in front of and have a nice 3 point shot, but can he quadruple pump his way to the basket in a way that the entire team he's playing against can block his shot?

I didn't even see him force any passes that gave Kobe a full head of steam towards his basket. I got no interest in a guy who's playing a position that he grew up playing on my team.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Lakers appear to have Pistonitus

Getting torched by a guard, no 3-point shooting = sucky basketball

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

To be fair to the Lakers, there's no telling what this kid could do against a D like the Pistons.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is true LOL

Seriously though, Stuckey at least does something against Brooks on the other end. Fisher might as well be a statute.

11. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Doc Rivers to his team: Foul the right way, not the Wright way: Doc Rivers to Boston Celtics: Foul right way, not Antoine Wright way - ESPN. Excerpt from article below:

"On the morning after one of the more controversial nights of the NBA playoffs, Doc Rivers sent a message to his team: If we have a foul to give, make sure you commit it the right way.

In other words, not the Wright way.

The controversial ending to Saturday night's Nuggets-Mavericks game was one of the primary topics of discussion at the Celtics' morning shootaround Sunday, with the teaching emphasis on having players use both arms to wrap up an opposing player on the perimeter to ensure the referee whistles the foul.
    "The wrap-up also takes longer than raking a guy across the arms, and it reduces the chance that he can get off an attempt and get three foul shots," Rivers said.
    Among the Celtics' players, the lingering impression was that Wright was as much at fault as anyone because he did not commit the foul in the proper manner -- especially when he had the perfect opportunity at the moment when Anthony bobbled the ball before regaining control and sinking the game-winning shot."

12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What a stupid foul by howard. just stupid....

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL at the refs now calling some ticky tack foul on DAL (although Josh Howard is a moron)

The Mavs will probably lose Game 5, their only hope was to be 2-2.

14. NYPistonFan729

That was a payback from saturdays call...bogus foul.

15. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

How's that payback? Denver only loss by 2. It'll be a blowout at home with the Birdman back playing. Dallas probably did some kind of voodoo on him so that he's out for this game. I'm seeing Denver winning by at least 15 on Wednesday. Whose with me?

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Melo scored 41 tonight equaling the total points scored by Sheed and Tay in the entire CLE series.

17. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

I haven't thought about that. Man I hope Melo go medieval on Dallas on Wednesday. Denver is going to do a "New Orleans Hornets game 4" on Dallas on Wednesday because they let game 4 of this series got away. They'll win at least by 15. At least 50 would be alot better so that they'll feel it all summer long.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Does any fan out there enjoy watching 87 free throws and 9 techs?

They are killing the sport with this.

19. NYPistonFan729

I met it was a payback call from the refs.

20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Rick Aldeman should have been hired as Pistons head coach. We had the opportunity but squandered it.