West Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed might re-sign for less cash and even play inspired ball in a backup role if he knew there was someone else on the team that was going to be as crazy and undisiplined as him. Go get Artest Joe....I can't wait for the post game interviews
  2. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't put Duncan/Gino/Parker in the same class as Jordan/Rodman/Pippen; so if Gpop is overrated who isnt?
  3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Artest is awesome.

On the court he can be misguided, but he never ever gives up, and hates losing. I was actually dreaming sweet dreams when the rumors were swirling around last July. He plays inspired.
  4. LA Dre

He likes Joe, the question is will Joe give him a looksy. He would be great in our lineup. Did you see Artest post game comments last night on TNT and NBA TV. He talked about how he went into the stands in last night game and how somebody offered him a beer, but he knew the cameras were watching so he refused...:):beer:
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, Joe won't touch Artest b/c of the personal issues. Joe's shown he'll over look some on court stuff/problems, but not otherwise.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not so sure about that lpg. Sheed had offcourt problems, Uncle Spliffy had offcourt problems, DC liked to urinate in public, AI has his share of off court drama, Billups, Darko (hello, speeding tickets!).

The problem is that Ron Ron punched out Pistons fans. If he hadn't, this would be a no-brainer move.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Actually this instance might make me change my mind since the personal problem i was specifically referencing was one that i think (not positive) AI had dealt with as well, but IIRC it was a rumor/no charges.

Also i'm not sure if Bill D's passing makes management more or less likely to take risks.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Laker's one glaring weakness all season; PG defense.

That got exposed tonight as did the fact that they miss Radmonavich (sp?).
  9. The Palace Artest

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this Houston team!
  10. LA Dre

Yep, aging Derek Fisher could not stay in front of Aaron Brooks and he made them pay. good win for the Rockets. can't wait to hear who the local laker radio team blame for this lost tomorrow.

11. LA Dre

Here is an interesting tidbit::::Phil Jackson is 42-0 in playoff series when his team has won game one.

uh-oh lakers...when they lose game one things have not gone well lately

After winning game one of the first three series in 2008, they lost game 1 of the finals vs the Celtics and lost the series.

In 2007, they lost game 1 in the opening round vs the Suns and were bounced in round 1 in 5 games

In 2006 they lost game 1 in the opening round vs the Suns and lost the series in 7 games

In 2005 they missed the playoffs (and all hell broke loose here in LA :))

In 2004 they lost the first game to Spurs in the second round, but won in six, but lost the first game of the finals to the Pistons and we all know how that turned out:DETROIT BASKETBALLLL

So Phil's Lakers have lost 4 straight series when his teams have lost the first game of a series....

This is one stat that will not be posted on the locker room board at the Staples center
  12. The Palace Artest

32 points on 31 shots, lol.
  13. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I love whack jobs, the world is full of them. Wouldn't mind artest, but sometimes his shot selection can drive you crazy. I love his defense.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, his last 8 points or so were basically conceded as the Rockets were getting fouled automatically after each Kobe score.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That was a great game. Love watching those Rockets. If the WCF turns out to be Denver-Houston, Stern will probably kill a puppy somewhere.

I loved the cool-headed demeanor of Battier. The guy got banged up so bad but he kept his cool. What a refreshing sight compared to Sheed's techs.

BTW, did you all see sneaky Kobe elbow Battier at the back of his neck after they got tangled up in the 1st quarter? As he was getting up, he hit Battier on the back of the neck hard. What a jerk.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Re: East Playoffs

Artest quotes.

"This is the biggest game I've played in my life," Artest said later. "I've been to the second round before, but this is the biggest round in my career. I would be a fool to not enjoy it. I really wanted to play well." ​
    Hungry player. This is what Joe was talking about when he was mentioning that our players have been there so many times that it is hard for them to get up for it. A guy approaching 30 who has never been deep into the playoffs will have a hunger that a guy like Tay can't fake.

"I wish I would have matured as fast as guys like LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Brandon Roy," he said. "When I got a little college fame, got into the NBA, I veered to the left and wasn't focused on team so much, was focused on myself. It took me 10 years, unfortunately took me so long for me to understand that." ​
    Any chance the Rockets win it all this year? They have the best chance of stopping Lebron. Also, Yao matches up well against Z. Varejao and Sclola can have a flopping contest.

Woops... this probably should have been in the WCF thread. Oh well.
  17. LA Dre

Would love to have Battier or Artest on our team...or both.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think Artest will re-sign with the Rockets.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Moved.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Well, you mentioned LeBorwen, so it's ok. :)

If Yao's knee injury was as trivial as he said it was after the game, and they get past the Lakers, there's a good chance for them to win it all.

Cleveland can only win the championship if Dallas somehow wins the West. Otherwise, I just don't see it happening.