West Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Artest went over to tell Kobe that he wasn't going to take that BS. His rep may have gotten him tossed by a quick whistle to keep order, but still that is the type of toughness that we could use on our team next season.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

except if it comes from Sheed . . .

then it's losing your head in a winnable important PO game :)

edited to add;

Artest's response;

"I knew I was going to get a technical foul, the point was to let the refs know I was pissed" LOL

And even better;

"Dont you know who you're hitting? I'm Ron Artest" LMAO
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I told him, ‘You’re hitting the wrong person. Don’t you know you’re hitting Ron Artest?’

I think Kobe deserves at least a little credit for not giggling.
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That is the buzz in my school today. Even though most of the kids are Kobe lovers, they understand what Artest did. I love Artest.

A student just came into my office and said she is rooting for Denver because Carmelo Anthony comes from Red Hook Projects in Brooklyn where she is lives. I said no way. He is from Baltimore. I bet her lunch because I know Carmelo grew up in Baltimore. Low and behold Carmelo was born in Brooklyn's Red Hook Projects about 15 blocks from my school......lol....i am toast. I have to be careful before I open my mouth...lol
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think Artest should get a lot of credit for not knocking Kobe's head off. That took some serious restraint on his part.

If I were the Rockets, I would switch Artest and Battier next game and have Ron guarad Bryant.
  6. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Lakers fans are trying to justify it as a throat slash. I'm too lazy to go and check.

All I know is that he gives legendary postgame interviews and is > Sheed.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, I think people have short memories 'cuz Ron Ron sewed up the '04 series for the Pistons when he was playing for Indy by making Rip his punching bag.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm really starting to like Artest. I know he is a blackhole on offense, but what the hell... let's bring this guy into D-town next year!!

Note: I think it will be very hard to pry him away from Houston (he loves Adelman) especially if the Rockets go far/win a championship.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He does shoot a lot of shots.

15.2 FGA/36 minutes.

For comparison, Rip and Will Bynum were the only Pistons to shoot more frequently than Ron.

And his TS% of .512 is OK, but isn't as good as Rip's .529 or WB's .520 (or nearly as good as Billups and his .595 mark).

However, he does spread the floor by knocking down 3's at a good rate and he does get to the line a lot (so he gets in the paint).

He rebounds at a slightly lower rate than Tay (but he does have Yao Ming on his team).
  10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Artest is easily twice the player Prince is. No contest. If we can get him away from Houston somehow, I'll start to see the good in Joe again.

And FTR... Artest is a better rebounder than Prince, career-wise. This year was only the second year that Prince posted a higher rebound rate per 36 minutes than Ron.
  11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Basketball wise there might not be a thing that Prince can do better than Ron, other than "being a glue guy."
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm all for going after Artest too, but Tay is probably being under appreciated here. Leadership shouldn't be ignored.
  13. LA Dre

Then we can finally have that back up at the SF, but it will be Prince himself and Ron-Ron will be starter...

I am sure Houston will try to keep him if they get by the Lakers and even by Denver, but depending how money he wants, I still think the shot and challenge of playing 41+ games at the Palace (or the scene of the crime) might be to much for him to pass on. I heard him say in an interview after the fact a few years back that he likes Joe's toughness and would like to play for him. With Mr D gone, (RIP), it may be something that Joe can talk Ms D etal into doing.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

His lockerroom presser was classic:

Wow, this guy played in some tough gyms.

He would be a good fit here, but again, not with Curry at the helm. MC couldn't exert alpha dog status upon a group of golden retrievers. You can't expect him to do any better with a pitbull.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I had a few games back in the burbs that got pretty rough too. This one time it got so rough that this one guy's Mom came out of the house and yelled at us (also because some of us rode our bikes through the flowers).

A stake through the heart?!!!! You gotta be kidding me.
  16. LA Dre

He described it like it happen yesterday...but I too wonder if he was kidding or just caught up in the moment with all of the mics in his face...
  17. LA Dre

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Kobe's wasn't nearly as bad. He was hunched over and trying to box a guy out who was leaning on him pretty good.

Fisher just went through with a premeditated cheap shot (nice power on the hit too!).
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I can't seem to find the quotes, but I know that Artest was quoted in the past saying he loved Detroit and it's people and that he could see himself playing here one day.
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I really didn't see the big deal. Artest was practically pushing Kobe's head down, both were elbowing and pushing. Seemed like a fight over a rebound to me.

Fisher on the other hand deserves it; he body-checked him for no reason expect to show he is "tough".

edited to add;

and on a sorta OT note, that story about the leg stabbing is totally true. There's articles about it. LOL