West Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yup. Grass is greener on the other side, etc . . .

I find it entertaining to be honest. Sheed is still getting criticized for getting ejected in Game 6 when we were getting blown out and he already fouled out. I could only imagine what would have been said had he done what Artest did and gotten ejected in a critical Game 2 down 10 with practically the whole 4th quarter left.
  2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

You're the only one bringing it up. Apparently people still like bringing up times when LB and Ben were still here (I know I'm doing it now) despite being years detached from them.

The point is thy we need a drastic change. And adding Ron would be the ultimate change. I've never seem him downplay losses, and I've never seen him give him give anything less than his best effort.

Pistons fans. Let's let go of the past.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons were right on the cusp of a great comeback when Sheed killed it with his selfish outburst.
  4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

[​IMG]

GIMME RON ARTEST! :stirthepot:

Not My Photoshop.

That story was true btw!

Player Dies in Stabbing at Basketball Game - The New York Times
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It has nothing to do with "letting go of the past". It's a double standard and i'm just pointing it out. It's the same thing as people wanting Okur back and then criticizing "jump-shooting" big men.

People want to like who they like and are willing to gloss over things to do it.

You can want Artest for the reasons you stated at the end, but people praising him for the exact same thing that Sheed has been torn apart for is funny to me.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Aretst got ejected by that idiot Crawford for making a gesture of what Kobe did. That is why he hasnt gotten fined. Sheed just runs his damn mouth.
  8. The Palace Artest

Sheed runs his mouth and shows more effort berating the refs and "Napoleon" than he does on the offensive side of the court as well as his defensive rotations.

Artest busts his ass on the court every day. Sheed strings together a bunch of half-ass performances and then has the nerve to "crusade" against the league for not rewarding him or the team.

Maybe that's why I give Ronnie a pass, because his motor doesn't quit. Sheed quit in February.

Sorry, but I don't gloss over piss poor effort. I acknowledge that Ron is a bit crazy but I want that in my players, as long as it doesn't effect their health and work attendence (i.e. skipping practices and games after a night of heavy partying and drinking).

Sheed and Ron are not the same.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think Sheed has more talent than KG and Duncan, but KG has a high motor, and Duncan has the work ethic, and that will put both of them in the HOF, while Sheed will probably never get nominated.

The problem with pregnant dogging the refs, is that if you are their superstar meal ticket, you will get some passes. But Sheed goes out of his way to be the anti-hero, and everyone knows his popularity and happiness does not pay their salary, so they definitely have him on a very tight leash.

Artest is crazy as all get out, and he's got potential to explode at any time, but he's one helluva player. I remember him and Bonzi giving the Spurs (?) hell in the playoffs a couple seasons ago when they were with the Kings.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Oh, btw the chances of Artest coming to Detroit are about as good as Iverson returning.
  11. The Palace Artest

Yeah.

But last year I thought we had a great chance at him. It sure didn't take much on Houston's part to pry him away.

But the PR hit we took this year was worse than what probably would have occurred if we acquired Artest. Joe Dumars miscalculated the risk he took in almost every way imaginable. He didn't realize that taking the short term hit that we eventually took CAN go hand in hand in hindering his long term goals as well.

Nobody is itching to come to play for Detroit anymore, unless we overpay. Not after seeing how weak we are without a floor leader. Not after watching every starter except Dice give up. Not after seeing whose gonna continue coaching this team.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Artest was quoted saying he was trying to get a technical to let the refs know he was pissed off (about them not calling Kobe knocking his hand away, elbows, etc.)

He then got ejected in a PO game when they were down 10 partly b/c of his reputation.

It's not that different from Sheed. They also both take stupid unnecessary shots.

That's your opinion of Sheed's effort. IMO, he doesn't take many nights of on the D end and on O he's the same player he's always been. Sure, Artest tries hard . . .when he's not supporting his rap album or getting suspended.

I don't care if you're giving Artest a pass. All i'm saying is IMO that the situations are very similar. Artest has a habit of losing his composure it in the PO's; he did it against us, against the Spurs, etc. And if he was doing it in a Pistons uniform, i would hope that he gets criticized the way Rip/Sheed/etc do.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In this situation, Artest was semi-intentionally elbowed in the throat by the league's premier player.

Kobe is lucky that he didn't get his ear bitten off Tyson style.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

PUH-LEAZE!!!!! For all the people who go on and on about Rasheed's techs and how it hurts the team because he doesn't get back on D (even though I'd wager he didn't pick up 1 T this year arguing an offensive call) it is time to get real.

The issue isn't that Artest plays harder than Sheed, the issue is that you are not emotionally involved with Ron Artest acts and if anything, his outbursts helped the Pistons.

To summize:
    Down 3-2 to the Pistons in 2004 Artest picked up a flagrant foul in a tie game for elbowing Rip Hamilton in the throat (IRONY ALERT). (OMG he hurting the TEAM!!! - in what was his best chance to win a title)

In 2005 he was supended for 75 some odd games for charging the crowd and fighting in a game they were up how many points? (OMG why's he so SELFISH!?!? - his second best chance to win the title)

In 2006 he was suspended for (brace yourself) game 2 of the opening playoff series for flagrantly elbowing Ginobli in the head (what!?!?).

Wednesday night he was ejected from a playoff game.

This excludes anything he did with the CHI. Let's remove Artest's name from these and put Sheed's in it place. Better yet, let's talk about Sheed's meltdown in G6 of the 07 CLE series. That was much, much worse than any of this stuff.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Are we trying to determine who is the bigger moRon?
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

17. max

max All-Star

Now thats funny,....:pound:
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahha......aint that a shame?
  19. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The Nuggets don't really want him anymore.
  20. The Palace Artest

And it looks like the Lakers fastened their seatbelts.

I hate them but they've dominated Houston two games in a row.