West Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There is no way you can watch Denver, LA, Orlando, Atlanta, Houston and NOT realize how damn old the Pistons are.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Exactly.

edited to add;
    It's like Artest was reading this thread LOL; although IMO that was just a hard foul that he got ejected for tonight. And Kobe's arguing for Artest in his post-game which probably won't help much
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Finally I got to see a West playoff game.

I know it's easy to get into Phil's doghouse, but Farmar ought to be playing somewhere.

No way that was a flagrant two. Maybe RonRon took a little umbrage at Gasol trying to drive from midcourt in the final minute of a ten point win. But he got the ball first and the colliision took Gasol down. Play on.

I really hope the league cleans up the pump fake get the guy up in the air and then jump into him thing this summer. What happened to the player in the air has the right to come down? It not only used to be the rule, but is respectful of the law of gravity.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gasol was actually fouled by Artest and Wafer I think, but once again, the refs have a short fuse on any action Artest does and ignores the fact that it was 3 way collision of the three players. If that had been Lebron and Delonte West crashing into Josh Smith, betcha Delonte would have got the fragrant foul.

Refs have a short fuse on anything that comes out of Sheed's mouth and any physical antics of Artest
  5. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

What's with Houston NOT GOING TO YAO MING? HE WAS HOT! But Yao is now hurt it seems so...

Yao only got points when he had to tip it in or rebounded the ball.

Artest kept trying to shoot the three. Wasn't he 1-9 at one point I believe?
  6. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The playoffs have been decided by officiating. It is incredible. Both teams were victims...dallas the last victim.
  7. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

What are you talking about? I didn't see no foul either. Wright was moving away from the bump. Look at the video again my friends. Denver won fair and square. If the refs were betting then don't you think they would have called more fouls on Dallas? Both teams got the same amount of calls tonight. Too bad the last wasn't called. LOL...... :sssh:
  8. NYPistonFan729

It was a great shot by melo, but the officiating is terrible...period. They could have called the foul...it was obvious. I not talking about denver/dallas winning or losing....the officiating is terrible. Dontay Jones should have had a flagrant call on Bass...not called...there were several calls that were questionable on both sides....i don't care about denver/dallas...
  9. hlbimage

No love for Mister Big Shot? I'm cheering him on. It isn't like the Pistons are in the Playoff.....OOHHH BURN......sike just kidding. :pound:
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The funny thing is next time they'll foul harder to make sure they call it and it will be deemed flagrant.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Too many free throws. Who enjoys that?
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yao Ming was dragging his foot starting like the 2nd quarter of last game. And he looked like he was going to cry in his post game. Looks like he knew.

Broken foot/out for the rest of the season/PO's.

HOU has awful luck.
  13. NYPistonFan729

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's officially too big for his body to support.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, I know. That non call was such bogus ESPECIALLY considering all of the ticky-tack garbage they were calling the entire game (over 80 free throws combined). Dallas got screwed and they have a right to be upset about it.

Unfortunate news about Yao btw. This guy can just never seem to stay healthy. That series is over.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep what will all the folks in China watch on TV now that this series will be over by Tuesday or so.

wonder if someone will step up to lead the Rokets to a victory on Sunday and if Artest will take more than 35 shots...:)

No Yao, no Tmac, no Mutombo, >>>Lakers have the easy road to the WCF...
  17. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

This is the second time in a little over a year that Yao has developed a stress fracture in his left foot. He missed more than 20 games of the 07-08 regular season -- and all of the 08 playoffs -- because of a stress fracture in that foot, and underwent surgery for it. This is a big blow to Houston not just for this year's playoff run, but also for the long term.
  18. hlbimage

Not only that but Wright said something like "Do you want me to Dereck Fisher him to get the foul call?". The Mavs just keep on digging their grave. You know this might be the first time in history that a player on the opposing team ever to actually wanted a foul call on him. I honestly did not see a foul. Wright was clearly moving away from Melo went he chest bumped him. He should have wrapped his arms around Melo to make sude their is a foul call but he didn't. With all of the foul calls during that game the officials did feel like they gonna have to adjust and just let them play.
  19. roscoe36

Houston without Yao, arguably half as talented as we were, putting up a real fight on their home court, now with a small lead of ...

23 points

on the Lakers.

Aaron Brooks has got game.
  20. roscoe36

27 point lead. Rockets are hustling and battling everywhere. They look like the 2004 Pistons.